Michelle Waterson Got Paid $15k/$15k Show/Win for a Main Event

The pay disgusts me, but in this case, I would blame her manager. How hard is it to negotiate something better than the entry level salary? She's an ex champ with a ton of star potential.

From that card only Velickovic, Perry, Aldana and Serrano had worse base salary than Waterman.

Yep I hear you guys and I m not saying that this is enough money
But imo in the UFC's mind, PVZ was the main event, the DWS celebrity fighting an internet kind of celebrity and maybe they thought this was the sole gimme fight for PVZ.
Epic fail on them and Karate Hottie should ahve ask for, at least, a better win bonus.
You know that brings up another point. I'm tired of the UFC "pushing" particular fighters. IMO they should simply run the business, schedule and promote fights evenly. It seems like a conflict of interest for them to be pushing a specific fighter over any other. Also complete bs because they continue to push only a particular "type."

While not the main event, at UFC 200, as a former UFC BW champ,
T.J. Dillashaw ($25,000 + $25,000 = $50,000) def. Raphael Assuncao ($42,000)

PVZ almost got as much as TJ did, LOSING
Michelle Waterson ($15,000 + $15,000 = $30,000) def. Paige VanZant ($43,000),

while sage got MORE losing than TJ did winning
Mickey Gall ($20,000 + $20,000 = $40,000) def. Sage Northcutt ($60,000),

TJ is a legit former champ, with 9 UFC fights, he's probably saddled with his TUF contract,

While Hottie is on her SECOND UFC fight, she's just a very seasoned vet, and atom weight champ from invicta, while we all know looking at the current SW roster, shes the only one even capable of putting up a fight against JJ

This is why fighters like Ferguson are demanding proper pay as soon as they have a little leverage. The UFC has been cheating fighters out of money since the start of the organization.

It's not really cheating when fighters aren't sticking up for their own interests.

I bet they'll enjoy paying her, she's about to get that facetime now.

This is the kind of fan UFC loves

Only see fighters as beings that purely exists for their entertainment.

There's not a human being there with a family to take care of.

How much she busted her ass in camp and gave us such a great performance shouldn't matter, it shouldn't rase her gains right ? is her fault for not being more popular going into the fight right ? Is ALL about popularity, you can fight like an aidetic monkey and still make a shitload if you're popular enough ?That's fair for you ?

Life isn't fair and this is entertainment, one of the least fair aspects of business. If she(or any other fighter) doesn't get paid enough, that's her fault and her management. There are no legitimate unions or code and this is prize fighting, that's how it is. Contracts are negotiated and renegotiated frequently enough, it's all about playing the long game, any top boxer knows this and MMA will follow suit eventually the second huge $ gets in.

She can go out on a date with me. I would pay her 15k to show, and 15k to pop my cherry

It's not really cheating when fighters aren't sticking up for their own interests.
semantics, though I'm sure you get the point. Call it taking advantage of them if you have to split hairs.

Have we heard if the new owners still allow Dana to hand out bucket loads of cash back stage for great performances???

if anyone ever did this im sure it was the fertitas and not dana. im pretty certain that dana has no real power in the ufc. its not that hes lying all the time, hes simply pretending that anything is actually up to him

This is her second UFC fight, $15k is not shocking for a newbie.

Hopefully, her contract expires soon, so she can renegotiate.

That's very low pay for a main event. And some people are tired of fighters complaining about low pay (Paige got paid $43k).

thats only declared pay. i think somewhere she mentioned there was a "headline" payment/clause

semantics, though I'm sure you get the point. Call it taking advantage of them if you have to split hairs.

Sure. Taking advantage of employee stupidity. Most companies would as well. These people waste money on managers who don't fight for their interests, don't negotiate salary increases.

Remember how Giblert said he was going to Bellator, and then wound up with the best contract in the company because the UFC matched it? Every fighter with some worth should be willing to do that. The problem is they are focused so much on just being in the UFC instead of their financial worth.

Hopefully she will be makin dat dur T.J. Dillashaw money soon (25/25) BOiii

Back