michel pereira getting dominated was the best moment of my life

I can't believe people were so eager to throw away an exciting prospect just because he missed weight by 1 fucking pound. It's the most autistic thing ever and a big part at why I despise MMA fans and internet fan culture
Its not that he missed weight by a pound. He didn't even try to cut it. Then has the audacity to do back flips n shit. Then show boats during the walk in. While i don't share the same enthusiasm as TS, i was definitely rooting against that dude because of that.

Who thought that?

A lot of people. His whole shtick was how "wild and crazy" he is, but no one was talking about any of his skillset. The guy literally gassed himself out by doing flashy moves after he had already missed weight. That doesn't strike me as someone being very intelligent considering this was his 33rd career fight.

You don’t need these types of moments in mma to make your life worth living bro.

We all have this guy:
Dkge5ZcU8AAqkyN.jpg

“Thank you Tristan for blessing my bum life and making it worth living”

TS the support you need is not here on Sherdog

I can't believe people were so eager to throw away an exciting prospect just because he missed weight by 1 fucking pound. It's the most autistic thing ever and a big part at why I despise MMA fans and internet fan culture

It's their job to make the agreed upon weight. Not almost make it. I'd make him move up and if he missed again, cut him.

Too bad Connelly didn't drink his NOS energy drink beforehand, otherwise it could have been even better;

(this post brought to you by NOS energy drink<28> )

Well, hopefully you got more time and there are better things ahead for you.

I myself along with a room full of casuals gave the guy a standing ovation

Would love for TS to explain in detail all the ways the UFC "tried so hard to hype this guy as the future GOAT"

Its not that he missed weight by a pound. He didn't even try to cut it. Then has the audacity to do back flips n shit. Then show boats during the walk in. While i don't share the same enthusiasm as TS, i was definitely rooting against that dude because of that.
Think of all the money he missed out on by his actions...Dont even count the 50k bonus money even if he was eligible because I doubt that fight would have won a bonus if the smaller dude didnt win...He f'd up in training by missing weight so yeah I guess you can count it..Hell..he could have 50k to cry on after a loss if he just shed 1 more #....He f'd up every way you can....

Think of all the money he missed out on by his actions...Dont even count the 50k bonus money even if he was eligible because I doubt that fight would have won a bonus if the smaller dude didnt win...He f'd up in training by missing weight so yeah I guess you can count it..Hell..he could have 50k to cry on after a loss if he just shed 1 more #....He f'd up every way you can....
Fighters miss weight all the time, its unprofessional but it happens. Its the show boating that rubbed me the wrong way. Don't know the guy from adam, but you can tell he is a douche.

Yup i loved seeing that clown get put in his place.

New Tristan Connelly fan for life!

At no point did anyone hype him up as the "future GOAT", much less the UFC.

I'm not sure why people on here are so offended by this guy. He made a spectacle out of a fight that no one would have been interested in otherwise, and paid the price. The fans, the UFC, and his opponent should all be grateful.

Last edited:
OP during the fight.
tenor.gif

none of this happened

he didnt get dominated (i thought he won, and yes, i understand im one of the few). and round 3 was not a 10-8, that was just silly. i will be honest and say i should rewatch it, since many ppl do think michel lost the second round, while i thought he won it.. and i am not on the bandwagon, i really could care less what happens to him. hes fun to watch, but its easy to see he wont get too far in the ufc.

Reminds me of Overeem vs Bigfoot. Walked out like a boss, like he owned the game. Then got his head bounced off like a softball.

I have no idea who this Pereria is before this fight, but safe to presume he thought it was an easy fight believing himself to be the big 170lbs fighting a 155lber. That's why he did fanciful shit because he thought he would get the KO easy. He thought he is Anderson Silva, he wasn't. His shit cardio and over confident did him in.

Back