Michel Pereira Defies Critics: 'That’s My Style and It Won’t Change'

What do you make of Michel's style?

• Total voters
He back flipped onto a dude, but not onto him. He split his legs so as not to land on him? What was the point of that? Or any of it for that matter.
I guess if it gets him laid in the ghetto, well, good for him.

meh.. like always, fuck the haters.. I'll watch that guy fight anyone..

It's My Party and I'll Dance If I Want To

“My weight cut f***ed everything,” Pereira told MMA Fighting. “I cut weight the wrong way and that totaled my body in the second round. I was feeling well in the first round, but my rhythm was so intense and my body wasn’t fully recovered yet. I wouldn’t have done that if I knew my body wouldn’t handle it.

“I was alone in the sauna to cut weight, afraid that something could happen and there would be no one there to help me. I don’t speak English, there would be no one there to save me. A lot of things led to me missing weight. When I finally had someone there to help me on Thursday night, I tried to cut too much weight and that caused my body to shut down in the second round.”

. . .

“I defended his submission attempts even though I was dead tired, wanting to give up, feeling I wasn’t able to do anything, but I still survived and defended his jiu-jitsu (attacks),” Pereira said. “There were moments in the fight that I thought about giving up, but I never gave up in my life so I wouldn’t do that. I would never give up.”

“In the second and third rounds, I was in a pretty bad shape there,” he said when asked at which points he considered giving up. “But I never gave up before and wouldn’t do it now. You have to finish me to beat me.”

. . .

“I’m still young, this is only my second UFC fight, so I’ll continue to put on a show and winning ‘Fight of the Night’ bonuses again,” Pereira said. “No disrespect to my opponent, but we won the ‘Fight of the Night’ bonus because of me. Everyone loves my style. Those who don’t love it are jealous people who just like to talk bad things about others. I’m ready to do it again. I’ll fix the mistakes I’ve made and put on a show again, but this time my body will be alright.”

. . .

“Some say my style is just me trying to make fun of my opponent, but I disagree,” he continued. “Making fun of someone is showing them the tongue, asking them to punch you in the face. My movements are part of my fighting style. Every move I make is dangerous, it’s meant to distract my opponent and confuse them. Many criticized my backflip, but I did that and followed with a kick to the fence and a flying knee. He would still be in the hospital if that landed. If you make a mistake, you’re getting knocked out. That’s my style and it won’t change. These critics won’t make me change my style.”

. . .

https://www.mmafighting.com/2019/9/19/20870700/michel-pereira-considered-quitting-exhaustion-ufc-vancouver-bout-tristan-connelly
ya bot or not?

Because you need English to tell doctors you passed out from a hard weight cut.

"If only he was awake and could speak English!"

I mean, as long he doesn't delude himself into thinking he is or will be the best fighter, like everyone else does, then sure. But if he's gonna bitch about losses like they matter to him, then that would sorta invalidate that thinking. He's already come up with a number of clearly bullshit excuses, so I doubt he means it. Just sounds salty that he's getting criticism for mistakes instead of realizing he made one (or twenty).

Seriously though Brazilian fighters probably have an average IQ in the double digits. I'd say low 90s.

Sarah Frota alone takes them down about 4%
Americans on the other hand have geniuses like the Diaz bros, Cody Garbrandt, Platinum Perry and so on

<{titihmm}>

Lol, you don’t win fights and become champ by saying: “what if”.
<JagsKiddingMe>

He'll never be champ, but he'll give us some fun highlights.

win or lose still more entertaining than 90% of fighters

lets boo him and cheer cage hugging though

Lol I saw nothing from his opponent that would interest me in his future fights. Just another grinder. Dude is treated like a hero though.

What kind of poll is this it goes up to like 120% and Perry vs Pereira next pls dana

Im gonna go with a mix between annoying and interesting.

Like Anderson's antics in the Maia fight. It gets old fast,and you aint gonna have cardio to keep that up.

But its still kind of strange to see someone so doggedly stick to this nonsense just to see how far it goes.

You know what, I think he deserves the benefit of the doubt. As he said he is young, lets see if he is able to put on a show in his next fight. Definitely I would llike to see him again, I think even his critics will watch his next fight. Outside of the WWE/WWF I cannot remember anybody fighting with summersaults , backflips. The only time we see such antics is usually after a fight has ended. You never know win or lose, he may be the genuine article.

I like his style.
Autistic fans obsessed with "records" contribute to make MMA boring.

Stop cutting so much weight you giant fucking welterweight and go up to 185. That fight was honestly horrible, it was so bad it made Tristen Conelly look good. Nothing against him, but Pereira made you root for Conelly and enjoy the win he got even more because of Pereira's antics and missing weight.

Back