Michel Pereira Defies Critics: 'That’s My Style and It Won’t Change'

What do you make of Michel's style?

• Total voters

ReadWrite

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
It's My Party and I'll Dance If I Want To

“My weight cut f***ed everything,” Pereira told MMA Fighting. “I cut weight the wrong way and that totaled my body in the second round. I was feeling well in the first round, but my rhythm was so intense and my body wasn’t fully recovered yet. I wouldn’t have done that if I knew my body wouldn’t handle it.

“I was alone in the sauna to cut weight, afraid that something could happen and there would be no one there to help me. I don’t speak English, there would be no one there to save me. A lot of things led to me missing weight. When I finally had someone there to help me on Thursday night, I tried to cut too much weight and that caused my body to shut down in the second round.”

. . .

“I defended his submission attempts even though I was dead tired, wanting to give up, feeling I wasn’t able to do anything, but I still survived and defended his jiu-jitsu (attacks),” Pereira said. “There were moments in the fight that I thought about giving up, but I never gave up in my life so I wouldn’t do that. I would never give up.”

“In the second and third rounds, I was in a pretty bad shape there,” he said when asked at which points he considered giving up. “But I never gave up before and wouldn’t do it now. You have to finish me to beat me.”

. . .

“I’m still young, this is only my second UFC fight, so I’ll continue to put on a show and winning ‘Fight of the Night’ bonuses again,” Pereira said. “No disrespect to my opponent, but we won the ‘Fight of the Night’ bonus because of me. Everyone loves my style. Those who don’t love it are jealous people who just like to talk bad things about others. I’m ready to do it again. I’ll fix the mistakes I’ve made and put on a show again, but this time my body will be alright.”

. . .

“Some say my style is just me trying to make fun of my opponent, but I disagree,” he continued. “Making fun of someone is showing them the tongue, asking them to punch you in the face. My movements are part of my fighting style. Every move I make is dangerous, it’s meant to distract my opponent and confuse them. Many criticized my backflip, but I did that and followed with a kick to the fence and a flying knee. He would still be in the hospital if that landed. If you make a mistake, you’re getting knocked out. That’s my style and it won’t change. These critics won’t make me change my style.”

. . .

https://www.mmafighting.com/2019/9/19/20870700/michel-pereira-considered-quitting-exhaustion-ufc-vancouver-bout-tristan-connelly

Last edited:
Still not convinced TS isn't a bot...

<[analyzed}>

to start, he needs to get his weight fixed, no welterweight should be over 200 lbs in the week of the fight, period

I hope he doesn't change his style. Fun to watch..

I like the dude. If he lands that spinning shit and wins (like in the Roberts fight) everyone goes crazy. If he loses, we still get to watch a fun fight, and the lack of money he'll earn is his problem.

win or lose still more entertaining than 90% of fighters

lets boo him and cheer cage hugging though

Everyone is talking about him more than the guy that won.

Last edited:
People who dislike his style should go back to 2010-2013 era when wrestlers lay n prayed to death.

Nothing to worry about. Time and consequences will change his style for him

Michel "I blame my corner man" Pereira

Add that to the Brazilian book of excuses.

Hope he gets KTFO next time. Do you really believe he won't become gassed next time? That systems analyst fuck him up with a few days notice, imagine a high caliber fighter (no disrespect, the analyst did a good job)... Come on.

Those fucking tricks are better than Pettis's, but look what Pettis became with all of that... And at least Pettis knows how to fight, but Michel thinks he is in the Wonderland, doing crazy monkey tricks, then gassing and with -1 fighting technique. He doesn't even know how to throw a punch - reminded me of Ronda Rousey. -1 takedown defense... Embarrassing.

Last edited:
We need an updated “Big Book of Excuses” , the Michel Perreira Edition - where u at, Shoopers?

- I don’t English
- Weight cut fooked everything
- My rhythm was so intense
- Alone in the sauna
- If the kick landed, he would still be in the hospital
- Those who don’t love my style are jealous

Not really effective, he was fighting a LW on days notice and managed to lose the fight, not sure if he should change it but his record says he should.

talk-to-the-68epoa.jpg

Michael Pereira doesn't even consider MMA a sport! Of course he isn't going to change his style! His goal is literally to be an entertainer. This style is perfectly suited for that. Why should he try to be a sportsman when he doesn't even participate in a sport?

Still not convinced TS isn't a bot...

<[analyzed}>
I dunno, man

does read/write sound like something you’d catch a computer doing?

ok, TS- we’d like you to make a little smile, just to prove that you can

blink twice if you’re not a lamp

Michel "I blame my corner man" Pereira

Add that to the Brazilian book of excuses.
Seriously though Brazilian fighters probably have an average IQ in the double digits. I'd say low 90s.

Sarah Frota alone takes them down about 4%

Totally do not understand hate for that guy.
He's not the best, sure, but FFS at least there is something new in the cage, not two wrestlers cancelling each other out and throwing piter-pater punches or opposite of this.
I like his approach, not the calculated shit with boring ass gameplans we see so often these days.
Rock on, oldest looking 25yo in the world.
5c74066706f996f911d61783

Back