michael page was the highlight of bellator 120

I know. Seems like every one of these idiots that does it is actually good. But you never know. I didn't have to wait long to see Broner laying on the canvas.

you like the AV btw?? :icon_chee:icon_chee

I literally showed his fight to a house full of people that don't even watch mma and he made fans out of everyone.

you like the AV btw?? :icon_chee:icon_chee

Yes.

He's a good fighter. Just sucks that he does that unnecessary stuff the whole damn fight. That's what's so frustrating about it. I wanna like him, but he keeps being an idiot. :(

He was one of the reasons I tuned in. It's pretty fucking amazing how good he is considering this is only his 6th MMA fight. Not much is known about his wrestling or ground game, but he is still young. I can see him becoming Bellator champ in 2 years then heading to UFC after.

Showboating or not, this is pretty cool to watch.

tFrdz5A.gif

The sport needs guys like Michael Page. Not too many of them, but you need a guy or two like that.

Do i think he can become a top tier fighter? i don't know...all i know is that i hope he does

He was, guys an insanely talented striker. But people demonise confidence. I just hope he has good TDD. MVP is a very welcome breath of fresh air from all the dull as shit yank wrestlers with zero personality who think hugging is a form of fighting.

No. MMA is about fighters testing themselves and seeing how they stack up against other fighters. The fact that we find it entertaining is a bonus. Much like any other sport.

But theres zero need to do that, theres no need in the modern world for competitive fighting. But people do because they enjoy it and people watch because they enjoy it. But enjoyment is not a need.

People are going to be really upset when they find out that that wasn't a one-time affair and that in fact MVP's entire style is one big showboat.

If it pisses you all off so much, imagine how his opponent feels, trying to deal with getting his ass beat like that while being watched by hundreds of people on PPV.

Any way, it's his fighting style. It throws his opponents off, and he capitalizes.

What exactly is the issue with it? Disrespect? Isn't it disrespectful to punch someone in the face?

I literally showed his fight to a house full of people that don't even watch mma and he made fans out of everyone.

That's what it's all about. Bringing in the casual fans. MMA is still an entertainment business. Curious to see how he does agaisnt a good american wrestler though. The guy doesn't stop moving, he's going to be hard to deal with.

Everyone is complaining that MMA is too boring and fighters are too cookie cutter, yet if there is an exciting, flashy striker, you want him to get knocked out.

smh...

I can't fucking stand that guy. Can't wait till he gets KO'd.

There's absolutely ZERO need for that kind of shit. Can't believe people buy into that.

Yes.

He's a good fighter. Just sucks that he does that unnecessary stuff the whole damn fight. That's what's so frustrating about it. I wanna like him, but he keeps being an idiot. :(

No offense... but you're the one who's being an idiot.

He's not showboating for the sake of it. He's doing it for the same reason that Anderson did it.

Mind games.

It worked too. His opponent started off the fight with a good strategy, crowd Page against the fence and take away all the razzle dazzle... but pretty quickly all of Page's clowning and showboating threw him off. It's probably frustrating and humiliating to experience. All your friends and family are watching this guy dance and shimmy all over the cage while he kicks your ass.

Of course, it's a risky strategy and we'll just have to see how he does against better competition, but make no mistake, he's a high level striker who knows exactly what he's doing.

People are going to be really upset when they find out that that wasn't a one-time affair and that in fact MVP's entire style is one big showboat.

If it pisses you all off so much, imagine how his opponent feels, trying to deal with getting his ass beat like that while being watched by hundreds of people on PPV.

Any way, it's his fighting style. It throws his opponents off, and he capitalizes.

What exactly is the issue with it? Disrespect? Isn't it disrespectful to punch someone in the face?

This guy gets it.

Easy. He is talented, but he whooped people that aren't worthy of notice. Let him move on and carry on.

No. MMA is about fighters testing themselves and seeing how they stack up against other fighters. The fact that we find it entertaining is a bonus. Much like any other sport.

No. Sports are entertainment. People attend athletic events to be entertained. Saying that MMA is about seeing fighters testing themselves against a variety of opponents is like saying Movies are about seeing actors test themselves in a variety of roles. Maybe SOME people feel that way, but 99% of human beings watch movies and sports to be entertained.

MVP is awesome, and great for Bellator. He's the kind of guy that gets an average fan to watch his fights because win or lose, you know something wild is going to happen. It's people like that who grow the fanbase of the sport as a whole.

Back