Michael Page is amazingly humble outside the cage

He came across very well-spoken and grounded at the post-fight presser too.

I think his style is great. It's working for him thus far, and adds some excitement and flair to the fights.

The showboating is just part of his style...it takes the opponent out of their game and leaves them open to counters. You can always get caught but he seems to know what he is doing.

People take too much offense with this type of style. Admittedly, Page's is an extreme example of that type, but it's just a strategy and not one that would survive tougher competition IMO.

People take too much offense with this type of style. Admittedly, Page's is an extreme example of that type, but it's just a strategy and not one that would survive tougher competition IMO.

Anderson did it for 16 years and at the highest levels of MMA before he got caught at age 38. It is not impossible.

Anderson did it for 16 years and at the highest levels of MMA before he got caught at age 38. It is not impossible.

I think MVP takes the trolling to a complete new level. Not maia/Anderson level but Anderson always seemed in full control of it.

I think MVP takes the trolling to a complete new level. Not maia/Anderson level but Anderson always seemed in full control of it.

Maybe but I never really felt that MVP was about to get caught in any of those exchanges. It seemed like he figured out Rainey pretty fast. He must have a solid chin as well to have that much confidence in his style.

Anderson does things people think are impossible or something. MVP is way over the top with it.

he's flashy and showboats, but finishes guys. Nothing wrong with that, while purposely making a mockery of his opponent and carrying him the distance is sad to watch.

holy shit, didn't know he was this legit: silver in the '10 Olympics in kickboxing and won the world WAKO (probably no pun) title.

Maybe but I never really felt that MVP was about to get caught in any of those exchanges. It seemed like he figured out Rainey pretty fast. He must have a solid chin as well to have that much confidence in his style.

Of course but that's because he completely outmatched his opponents.

To me MVP takes it to the next level though but he seems to have 2 different personalities inside and out of the cage.

Of course but that's because he completely outmatched his opponents.

To me MVP takes it to the next level though but he seems to have 2 different personalities inside and out of the cage.

Yup. Shocked me.

He's probably the most exciting fighter on the planet right now in MMA. I can't think of another of the top of my head.

I hated it at first but now his style makes me laugh. The Emanuel Augustus of MMA.

People generally hate confidence,but its a style of fighting. Puts opponents off their game, makes them emotional, makes them question themselves, and keeps it unpredictable. He has every right to fight cocky as well, he's a genuinely talented striker competing in a sport where closing your eyes, planting your feet and throwing windmill punches in acceptable.

I love the dude and his antics. He's awesome imo.

Then again, my favorite fighter is Anderson Silva. So there's that.

I like him. His style in the cage is a bit OTT, but once you come to appreciate that he is doing that against well-trained warriors (far from the worlds best, but still, pro fighters) it's damned impressive. He looks great fighting and has panache.

Very surprised with how he behaved outside the cage as well. I like him more now than I did before. Seems like a good dude.

He is impressive as hell. Would be cool to see him tear through a WW tourney soon.

iE0PqttDLnd1k.gif

Back