News Michael Nunn Released From Prison After 16 Years

Discussion in 'Boxing Discussion' started by Shoemaker, Feb 9, 2019.

1. Shoemaker

Shoemaker ****BOILERPLATE**** Platinum Member

A Boat With Shannon Briggs, Right Behind You

Arrested in 2002 for thinking he was getting the deal of a lifetime on a kilo of blow. This is the only bit I’ve seen on it but it looks like he got released early on good behavior. Good to hear - piling on his “drug trafficking” history on the word of career criminals is pretty shady. 16 years seems like more than enough time served for the offense.

2. Absolut

Absolut Black Belt

God damn that’s a long time. Basically when he went to prison your Hw champs were Lewis, Byrd, and RJJ. LeBron James was drafted, Bush dropped bombs on Iraq (shock and awe), dept. of homeland security created, Ca elects Arnold as governor, and Johnny Cash passed away.

Shoemaker, ironfist05 and PHATV like this.
  3. BluntTrauma21

BluntTrauma21 Broner Brody / Pulev Posse

I'll line one up for him.

Welcome back, Mike, don't fuck your parole up.

4. PHATV

PHATV WHITEBELT Platinum Member

Not gonna lie, I had pretty much forgotten this/him. A kilo is not typically personal use, but 16 years is a long pull.

5. Hagler

Hagler Man of wealth and taste

Good Lord. Nunn vs Toney is one of my favorite high school boxing memories. I guess life was a bit much for what he has done.

I wonder if he'll be able to make a living honestly at this point. I kept up with his boxing until the early 2000s, then he served 16 years.

Fuck. I'm old.

6. Absolut

Absolut Black Belt

Me too. Crap

Hagler likes this.
  7. Jonny Ninja

Jonny Ninja Brown Belt

You guys do dish out fckin long stretches, and there seems little consistency with it as well!

froggyluv likes this.
  8. JayE

JayE Red Belt

Pretty crazy sentencing. Hopefully he can stay out of prison going forward.

Shoemaker and Minowafanatic like this.
  9. HardasNAILZ

HardasNAILZ Brown Belt

I hope he stays clean and on the straight and narrow but something tells me he will be back inside with 12 months.

10. Shoemaker

Shoemaker ****BOILERPLATE**** Platinum Member

A Boat With Shannon Briggs, Right Behind You
    It's a really long haul. He was almost certainly going to distribute, in fact I think he pled guilty to that charge. But he always denied being a long time drug trafficker, which checks out to me. I can't imagine that was something he had been at long if he heard "$200 for a kilo" and thought "yep, sounds legit."

11. Absolut

Absolut Black Belt

Big money in the penal system

12. mozfonky

mozfonky We oughta be fightin' a bottle of Geritol.

glad he's out, he originally got a lot more time. the drug laws are ridiculous, clinton supposedly told a black audience that "you asked for those laws" when criticized for putting them in place. The crack age "tore the asshole out of the black community"-Ice T. I hate drugs and have little sympathy for dummies who think that's going to do anything for their lives but the laws are crazy. Nunn was an idiot too, didn't he basically thumb his nose at the judge or da before he was sentenced? Now trump is talking about killing heroin dealers, will never happen because too many of them are white and so are the addicts. Don't know about nunn, he's pretty stupid, or that's the way it looks. Never liked him anyway, always thought he was arrogant.

RizinSon88 likes this.
  13. mozfonky

of course he can, but he's a dummie. I've known of a big time crack dealer who did 14 years and he's supposedly completely legit, owns a big business of tow trucks. It can be done, the stats are deceptive, just don't be fucking stupid.

14. borntoloseNOT

borntoloseNOT Purple Belt

Good to hear. Laws are way too harsh, they should hand out such sentences but have more in place to have these guys earn their way out faster imo. Make the unproductive productive to society again. Stop institutionalizing every damn convict. Save that for the murderers, pedophiles and rapists.

15. realdealgeale

realdealgeale Blue Belt

Jeez they give long sentences in the states! For a comparison I was reading about a guy at Hobart airport recently caught with 1.3kgs of ice on him ( nastier drug imo) get 5 yrs, eligible for parole after 2 and half.

16. cocksure

cocksure Silver Belt

Prison for profit bs.

Minowafanatic and Absolut like this.
  17. mozfonky

they say we have the highest prison population of anywhere in the developed world. Glad I never had major issues that would lead to that stuff. It doesn't take much to end up in trouble here, in fact, i think the stat is 90 percent of everyone, if punished fully has done something they could be imprisoned for. probably true. I know i've done a couple bad tings which i'm not telling you fucks about.

Absolut likes this.
  18. mozfonky

that's true, i was dissapointed to see bob barker has a huge company catering to prisons, it's an entire industry. Naturally, if you're involved in drugs you're a dumb motherfucker. I knew a kid recently who got caught on a drugs/guns charge, he was already a felon in a cop killing case, he got out within a year, i'm damn sure he snitched on someone. It's all dirty. The "whiteboy rick" story is pretty bad, fascinating too, the guy who played the raging seargent in beverly hills cop(actual detroit cop) actually tried to put a hit on whiteboy who got out after 30 some years. This country is hard on people period

19. Athenry04

Athenry04 Black Belt

Ridiculous sentence, good fighter.

20. aries

aries Silver Belt

Fucking ridiculous sentencing! Bill Cosby is a multiple rapist and only got 3-10 years. Will probably be out in 7. How is this comparable??