Michael McDonald(Kickboxer), your thoughts?

Been checking out a bunch of his old fights on Fightpass and he was just alright. Good combos, very technical boxing, and quite fast but he didn't have the size and power to really trouble the beasts of the era he fought in (save Mirko, of course). Also, he was relatively old by the time he got his start in K-1. I put him up there with Abidi in that he could inexplicably win big over someone higher ranked, but then subsequently shit the bed against a host of lessers.

I had a Black Sniper K-1 Tshirt that my Dad bought me so I had to become a fan whilst I had the T-Shirt.

He wasn't terrible.

While we're on the topic of North American Heavyweight kickboxers. Thoughts on Dewey Cooper's career?

I feel like he 10x better as a trainer than he was as a fighter. I don't remember anything remarkable.

Dewey Cooper was not such a good heavyweight, indeed. McDonald was very ok, like Carter Williams and prime Goodridge. Maybe Mo was drunk when he lost to Dewey.

Last edited:
Even when he got into late 30's he was still built like a tank and super fast. My coach beat him late in his career. Fun fact, he wanted a rematch with bonjasky in 2008 at the k1 wgp, but my coach spoiled those plans and beat Michael down

Back