Michael McDonald(Kickboxer), your thoughts?

IHeartRizin

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Sorry sorry. I don't get on here much, and I especially hate to have two threads up at the top of a single sub forum. Just really feel like talking about the old school heavyweights a lot lately as it's a division I've all but ignored since the Hoost, Hug, Aerts, Le Baner, Bernardo era closed out.

I always really loved Michael McDonald. He was everything I loved about Kevin Randleman in the form of a kickboxer. Win, lose, draw...he was a black guy with blonde hair who always brought it.

Just sucks though cause he is one guy who just doesn't get near the credit he deserves. He also lost countless decisions that he could have easily got the nod in. At least he got one of the best Tekken characters based off him.

16967.jpg

like feitosa and karaev, underrated by most but overrated by hardcore fans. always liked his kicking technique.

Oh wow that's the perfect assessment lol. Never would have thought to word it like that.

You can also throw Francisco Filho in that mix.

Mcdonald was awesome. Fun fact, he was originally introduced to the K-1 audience as a "secret apprentice of Andy Hug", not that he particularly seemed like it.
Another similarity between him and Randleman incidentally, they both upset Crocop via 1RKO.

Why Michael Mcdonald (kickboxer) though? Is there another Michael Mcdonald I should know?

like feitosa and karaev, underrated by most but overrated by hardcore fans. always liked his kicking technique.

How fucking dare you.

At least he got one of the best Tekken characters based off him.
Raven? Definitely not one of the best. If your talking Bruce then yes, hes a beast but I wouldn't say he's based on McDonald.

Raven? Definitely not one of the best. If your talking Bruce then yes, hes a beast but I wouldn't say he's based on McDonald.

Lol it was Raven and he was based on McDonald according to a dev. Just found that out a few months ago. I think it just depends on play style though. Give my Gordo, Raven, or Kazuya and I'm happy. Haven't played Tekken since 6 launched though.

Lol it was Raven and he was based on McDonald according to a dev. Just found that out a few months ago. I think it just depends on play style though. Give my Gordo, Raven, or Kazuya and I'm happy. Haven't played Tekken since 6 launched though.
Tekken Tag 2 is tremendous. Bruce and Steve are my dream team.

He was one of the fighters that suffered from the fact that K-1 didn't have any weight classes between 70KG and HW IMO

He fought much bigger men most of his career

Black, bleached hair, sunglasses, AND a customized rain suit! Doesn't get more athletic and explosive than that.

Black, bleached hair, sunglasses, AND a customized rain suit! Doesn't get more athletic and explosive than that.
Although he doesn't have farm working genetics, he does have genetics bred in the streets. That makes for a very formable fighter.

Lol Bruce is the reason I started used Gordo so much. He's like the only guy I can counter him with perfectly.
Eddy Gordo is unfair to battle against because he is too hardcore to beat bro(against players)

at Tekken tag 2 no one can catch me when i put Steve Fox and King together :p

Eddy Gordo is unfair to battle against because he is too hardcore to beat bro(against players)

at Tekken tag 2 no one can catch me when i put Steve Fox and King together :p
I've always thought Gordo was too cheap. Blocking those lows is overly difficult. I got respect for King tho.

I've always thought Gordo was too cheap. Blocking those lows is overly difficult. I got respect for King tho.

The thing about Gordo is distance. He's very strong up close but lacks anything great outside of range. His back knee, up kick, and handstand spinning kicks are OP as hell though against people who aren't used to playing against him.

I loved seeing Croats cry after he got off in Murko's ass.

Another weird K-1 fighter. He had skills, power and speed, but never made it to the K-1 finals

Used to always watch him as a kid on ESPN when they would show K-1 replays. Thought he was legit GOAT kickboxer at that time haha.

Mcdonald was awesome. Fun fact, he was originally introduced to the K-1 audience as a "secret apprentice of Andy Hug", not that he particularly seemed like it.
Another similarity between him and Randleman incidentally, they both upset Crocop via 1RKO.

Why Michael Mcdonald (kickboxer) though? Is there another Michael Mcdonald I should know?

How fucking dare you.

This guy is undoubtedly more famous

Used to always watch him as a kid on ESPN when they would show K-1 replays. Thought he was legit GOAT kickboxer at that time haha.

He was a very marketable fighter. He had the blonde hair. K-1, and ESPN did not market KB properly.

Back