Michael Johnson- Why so weird and inconsistent?

Probably cuz he doesn’t have good grappling defense.

Off the top of my head, he’s only lost 3 times in a purely stand up fight: Nate, gaethje, and Emmett.

The guy gets a lot of shit..

Guys with better records never fought the quality of opposition that he did.. if you're fighting the best consistently and isn't the best you end up losing.. really not that hard..

Dude's been on a skid ever since he demanded big money after one of Conor's paydays. Coincidence of Karma?
In his defense, he was very good at one point.

He should’ve gone into boxing. Too late now, but dudes hands are lightning quick.

Met him once in the Miami area. Legs are even skinnier in real life.

If you are good but not all world on the feet and have an inconsistent ground game or poor ground game, I think it is safe to say you'll trade wins at the top of the sport. See: Cerrone, K Lee, Diaz Nate, Pettis etc.

I've always thought the same thing. I remember watching him beat Barboza, thinking that he's unstoppable on the feat. In some of his earlier fights, he even employed a lot of offensive wrestling to mix up his game.

Everyone already mentioned his defensive grappling, but I think it's more mental. He seems to easily get sucked into his opponent's style of fight. Nate Diaz, Justin Gaethje, and Khabib all seemed to pull him into their preferred match after MJ had moments of success.

It's a shame, too. I really thought he was a dark horse to be LW champion at some point.

He's your typical 1 dimensional fighter, will look good at times.

I'm trying to figure out exactly what ur talking about bc I'm not sure what that has to do with the original question. Points? Yo gi oh? I get ur trying to be clever and funny, and while i guess it's a good try,........no it really isn't. Try again on another thread, u've got potential
7 other people got it in the past half an hour obviously.
Not explaining common sense twice. You can reread my comment and try again yourself. but sorry if ur feelings were hurt.

Lol u people are weird.
This is a sport. Not Yo gi oh.
U get solved, u get old, u get gameplanned, u get cought.. etc
Its not whichever fighter has more points wins.

639d3ad6-f798-408e-8529-711319da019d.sized-1000x1000.jpg

Except that Michael Johnson went on a 3 fight win streak and beat Ferguson then lost to Myles Jury and Madadi back to back. Then he went on a 4 fight win streak beating Lauzon-Tibau-Guillard-Barboza then lost to Dariush and Nate Diaz back to back.

Then he beat Porier, but lost 3 in a row, albeit Khabib and Gaethje for the first two losses but then to Elkins.

So your Yugioh analogy really has no relevance or bearing that I can see. It's not like this is some stylistic problem for Johnson, it's seemingly random. He lost to Diaz who isn't a wrestler. He lost to Elkins who is a wrestler. Maybe it's pressure, fair enough but he is very inconsistent for seemingly no reason.

Cause he eats his shit whole, he to try piece by piece

7 other people got it in the past half an hour obviously.
Not explaining common sense twice. You can reread my comment and try again yourself. but sorry if ur feelings were hurt.
7 other people liked your post, most probably purely for the Yu gi oh reference. It made no sense, let alone common sense.

Takes out guys like Tony, Dustin, Tibau, and Barbosa. Finishes some of them even.

Gets beat by Diaz and a bunch of Guys outside the top 10 or top 15.

This guy have mental problems? His striking and wrestling is there. Why can’t he put it together?

I only came here to say this:

he eats his shit whole. not little bits, and pieces of shit. He eats the whole log. -

(I get you bro, even if no one else does.)

He has fast hands and he thinks that's all he needs to win - it get's repetitive over time - a skilled fighter will time him spamming the same combinations over and over

Also he has no ground game compared to the elite fighters

Great fighter, terrible fight IQ and like Condit, just never evolved his ground game. If he cannot dominate or win easily/quickly, he seems to fall apart very fast.

Idk if anyone has said this yet but its probably because he has stayed in Florida with Blackzilians. Go train somewhere else, learn something new

He has been past it ever since he dropped down.

It's so tough being an MJ fan sometimes. I've rooted for him in a lot of fights and have seen him fold in a good number of them

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
herrsackbauer
Back