Michael Johnson on vying for the title, upcoming fight, and new season of TUF

SammyRLaPoint

White Belt
Reaction score
http://www.mmalatestnews.com/michael-johnson-im-back-stronger-ever/

Michael Johnson is expected to face off against Edson Barboza on February 22, 2015 in the co-main event of UFC Fight Night 61 in Porto Alegre, Brazil. I got a chance to catch up with Johnson ahead of his fight to get his thoughts on vying for the title, the new season of The Ultimate Fighter, and his previous and upcoming fight.

MMALatest: I was impressed with your ability to neutralize and control Melvin Guillard in your last fight. Do you think you could neutralize and control Edson Barboza in the same way or are you approaching this fight from a different angle?

Johnson: You know, I approach every fight like that. I try to control and neutralize my opponent and make it look like they don

"After I beat Edson...
I stoped reading there

What's he supposed to say, "yeah, Barboza has me shook"?

Johnson isn't dumb like Green, he won't just let Barboza get off all day without doing anything besides taunting.

Barboza barely deserves this fight, Bobby Green came into that fight with his head not in it and all the sudden people act like Barboza is legit

He is a one trick pony Johnson will destroy him

Barboza barely deserves this fight, Bobby Green came into that fight with his head not in it and all the sudden people act like Barboza is legit

He is a one trick pony Johnson will destroy him

LOL

Go watch WWE

"After I beat Edson...
I stoped reading there

Why, he is a better fighter than Edson. Michael Johnson is one of the most underrated strikers in the UFC and his wrestling is eons ahead of Edsons.
Before you bring up Danny Castillo almost KO'ing Johnson to discredit his striking remember Danny did the exact same thing to Edson.

His wrestling is better? LOL try take Barboza down he has sick TDD his sprawl in top class

Johnson will be hobbling around after eating a few leg kicks before getting finished

Edson has better leg kicks than ALDO ffs

His wrestling is better? LOL try take Barboza down he has sick TDD his sprawl in top class

Johnson will be hobbling around after eating a few leg kicks before getting finished

Edson also gets dropped a lot, Johnson won't need to use his wrestling when he simply puts Edson to sleep.

Edson also gets dropped a lot, Johnson won't need to use his wrestling when he simply puts Edson to sleep.

Yeah bobby done a good job last time dropping him didnt he?

Put on a stirking clinic there is a highlight reel finish due and Johnson will be the victim of it

Just because you say it doesn't make it true, if the guy is such a world beater then why did he get starched by Varner and Cowboy standing

Go watch him against Anthony Njokuani, he lost the striking battle in that fight and was gifted a decision because of a spinning kick at the end of the 3rd that didn't even land flush

Did you even see the cowboy fight he was wrecking him ffs,no shame in losing to cerrone either.

Yeah bobby done a good job last time dropping him didnt he?

Put on a stirking clinic there is a highlight reel finish due and Johnson will be the victim of it

Michael Johnson is a different fighter than Bobby Green. Johnson has much more power and throws more types of punches, Green only Taunts and Jabs. Green had a terrible fight against Edson and still didn't get dominated.

Why so much hostility from you guys? I am a fan of both guys. To say either isn't legit is stupid.

Johnson is an excellent striker and more importantly is always improving, but the year lay off is a factor.

Barboza speaks for himself, and those of you saying Green handed him the fight should honestly train and rewatch it. The reason all Green did was taunt is because he couldn't get shit off. He ate about 5 kicks and switched stances. The Green in the first minute of the fight disappeared because of the damage he took.

In the beginning, Barboza couldn't land punches on Green cause his head movement was so good. After the threat of the kick, Green started flinching like a motherfucker and that opened up Barboza's striking. Watch the flinch.
TemptingAlertAdamsstaghornedbeetle.gif

Last edited:
Barboza will circle the cage, hammering that shin. And when Johnson start to woble, Barboza would go for a kill. Plus, its in Brazil, so if fight go to descison, judges will give it to Barboza.
Johnson can only go with hard punch and TD., thats all.

There are three guys at LW tied for most knockdowns...
1 Edson Barboza 8
1 Donald Cerrone 8
1 Michael Johnson 8

Back