Media Michael Johnson On Khabib x Tony

I don’t give a fuck, I’ll accept Khabib as the goat if he stops Tony
Same, Tony is a madman stopping him at this point in his career would easily make Khabib GOAT.

I really want to see him against Justin as well

Cormier said when he grapples Khabib and Islam they feel like heavyweights

Tony was a good man, may he rest in peace

Same, Tony is a madman stopping him at this point in his career would easily make Khabib GOAT.

I really want to see him against Justin as well

If Khabib can hold down and control that wild animal and either stop or win a lop sided decision
I don’t need any further evidence that Khabib is the goat lightweight
Between the two of them they have taken out everyone, in a golden era of LW’s
The only person I’d like to see the winner of this fight fight is Gaethje
Purely because he has an ace up his sleeve with his wrestling, and even used in reverse to keep Khabib banging

If Khabib can hold down and control that wild animal and either stop or win a lop sided decision
I don’t need any further evidence that Khabib is the goat lightweight
Between the two of them they have taken out everyone, in a golden era of LW’s
The only person I’d like to see the winner of this fight fight is Gaethje
Purely because he has an ace up his sleeve with his wrestling, and even used in reverse to keep Khabib banging
Yeah! That and his proven KO power

Translation:

I can confidently say that the pressure that Khabib puts on is the most powerful I have encountered.
When he’s above you you feel like you’re fighting a middle or heavyweight.
I don't think tony can stop him.
That sounds gay...

agreed
I feel people are banking on Tony too much because they just want the satisfaction of seeing an undefeated fighter lose for the first time because its almost like it will inspire them to see something seems so impossible being able to lose

People are banking on Tonys bottom game way too much. His best ways to win from the bottom are low percentage and include elbows and submission. Khabib is too good on top to be elbowed effectively, he can just posture up etc. As for submitting him or trying to sweep him from bottom, good luck
Yep

A man hypes his teammates, unheard of!
With a record of 28-0 you would think he wouldn't need hyping up at this point. That should tell you everything you need to know, total dominance at this stage in his career. That would make me more inclined to believe Cormier rather than to doubt him, such as yourself.

T
Khabib's camp talking about head position in guard, being under the chin....yea good fucking luck getting there, good luck not getting swept, good luck not eating some serious bows and when you're in the midst of the deepest shit you've ever been in and you realize tony only gets stronger when he's tired and tastes your blood you're going to be really really fucking disappointed you took the fight.
lol at tony sweeping khabib.

kevin lee knocked ferguson down and landed multiple takedowns on him, passed his guard and mounted him.

khabib is a better wrestler, better passer, and has better gnp than kevin lee.

but i'm curious, what exactly is tony going to do to prevent khabib's head positioning to avoid elbows? use rubber guard? how exactly does that stop it?

khabib is going to be in the midst of the biggest shit he's ever been in while he's elbowing tony's face in from the mount.

it's great that tony has fans, he's an exciting fighter. he brings it every time and there's no quit in him. but people are seriously delusional about his abilities. he's been knocked down in 3 of his last 5 fights, and he's been thoroughly outgrappled. khabib has barely faced adversity at all, against comparable opposition... not to mention he's a really bad match up stylistically.

And gaethje and gillespie

I would give Kevin the best chance. He is bigger and probably even stronger than Khabib and with his high level wrestling he could shut down Khabibs pressure. He is a more dangerous striker and with Firas now in his corner he has a good chance of becoming the champ soon.

Gillespie looked good against lesser fighters, have to see him beat a top10 guy to understand where he’s at.
Everyone keeps talking about Justin’s wrestling credentials, but have you ever seen him wrestle? And he is good on the feet, but I don’t see him giving much problems to Khabib. I would love to see him against Tony though

If Tony wins he will be the goat LW

If Khabib wins he is undoubtedly LW GOAT and would enter the all time GOAT discussion. Not only because of who he beat, but also how he did it.

Tony doesn’t have that. If he can get the title and defend it against Conor I wouldn’t mind calling him the GOAT

Tony is not going to get caught on the cage trying to stand up like Johnson and get wrist rode while Khabib talks to Dana. He's going to piece khabib up on the feet. If Khabib shoots, he'll threaten Darce. If Khabib secures a take down Tony will lock in his rubber guard and start dropping bows and threaten with triangles. Most guys get caught trying to survive the grappling where tony will embrace it. He's not coming to fight Khabib he's coming to kill him. Its something Khabib has never really faced imo.

Khabib's camp talking about head position in guard, being under the chin....yea good fucking luck getting there, good luck not getting swept, good luck not eating some serious bows and when you're in the midst of the deepest shit you've ever been in and you realize tony only gets stronger when he's tired and tastes your blood you're going to be really really fucking disappointed you took the fight.

Let's just pray it happens this time
That's a solid breakdown but embracing the grappling is exactly what Khabib wants, the more you resist and try to advance your position the more you have to open yourself up and give him the space he wants to pummel you.

I had a similar opinion to you thinking Tony would be ruthless with the elbows from the bottom and relentlessly looking for sub's and scrambles from the bottom when this fight was signed the first time but over the years I've changed my mind.

Khabib is just so aware and positionally sound on top it's unlikely he'll put himself in positions he knows would play into Tony's strengths and the more Tony tries to force those positions the more vulnerable he'll make himself.

We've seen Tony survive adversity coming back from big knockdowns to demoralise and overwhelm his opponents who thought they were on the verge of victory but we've never seen him have to react to being controlled and punished for a prolonged period in the same sort of demoralizing fashion.

Should be a great fight and could go either way but I'm leaning towards Khabib now a days.

If Khabib wins he is undoubtedly LW GOAT and would enter the all time GOAT discussion. Not only because of who he beat, but also how he did it.

Tony doesn’t have that. If he can get the title and defend it against Conor I wouldn’t mind calling him the GOAT

Im super glad you gave me your opinion on this and i definetly wanted it.

Oh really, how am I incorrect? Khabib is going to be in guard, trying to shove his head under Tonys chin( Which his camp is on record saying will be the strat ) which will let Tony hold his neck and prevent posture and establish rubber guard. From there its Elbow City and chaining subs. If I'm wrong break it down for me

So you know everything from just watching it on TV?

Back