Media Michael Johnson On Khabib x Tony

Makes sense that Michael Johnson would say that. I wonder who Gleison Tibau thinks will win.

Jarl

Tony is not going to get caught on the cage trying to stand up like Johnson and get wrist rode while Khabib talks to Dana. He's going to piece khabib up on the feet. If Khabib shoots, he'll threaten Darce. If Khabib secures a take down Tony will lock in his rubber guard and start dropping bows and threaten with triangles. Most guys get caught trying to survive the grappling where tony will embrace it. He's not coming to fight Khabib he's coming to kill him. Its something Khabib has never really faced imo.

Khabib's camp talking about head position in guard, being under the chin....yea good fucking luck getting there, good luck not getting swept, good luck not eating some serious bows and when you're in the midst of the deepest shit you've ever been in and you realize tony only gets stronger when he's tired and tastes your blood you're going to be really really fucking disappointed you took the fight.

Let's just pray it happens this time

Tony should hire you for his camp :D

I didn't catch that sir.
You might have to type it again. Sorry.

200.webp

Tony is not going to get caught on the cage trying to stand up like Johnson and get wrist rode while Khabib talks to Dana. He's going to piece khabib up on the feet. If Khabib shoots, he'll threaten Darce. If Khabib secures a take down Tony will lock in his rubber guard and start dropping bows and threaten with triangles. Most guys get caught trying to survive the grappling where tony will embrace it. He's not coming to fight Khabib he's coming to kill him. Its something Khabib has never really faced imo.

Khabib's camp talking about head position in guard, being under the chin....yea good fucking luck getting there, good luck not getting swept, good luck not eating some serious bows and when you're in the midst of the deepest shit you've ever been in and you realize tony only gets stronger when he's tired and tastes your blood you're going to be really really fucking disappointed you took the fight.

Let's just pray it happens this time

Spoken like a true fan who doesn't train grappling

Spoken like a true fan who doesn't train grappling
Oh really, how am I incorrect? Khabib is going to be in guard, trying to shove his head under Tonys chin( Which his camp is on record saying will be the strat ) which will let Tony hold his neck and prevent posture and establish rubber guard. From there its Elbow City and chaining subs. If I'm wrong break it down for me

The way Tony doesn't defend the TD, Khabib will have his way with him. I thing people will be surprised how easy he makes It look.

Although getting to the ground won't be an issue for Khabib, the thing is, he has yet to face a guy who's strategy when taken down is to attack. His use of elbows is an attack its harder to train for due to risk of injuries/cuts.

Super interesting fight. Best fight UFC can put together on paper atm.

You're not much a gambler are you?
Don’t have to be a gambler to know that if you’re CERTAIN that the favorite will win, that’s guaranteed money regardless of the line. Free money right?

Don’t have to be a gambler to know that if you’re CERTAIN that the favorite will win, that’s guaranteed money regardless of the line. Free money right?
Nah stupid, you wait until you know the fight is going to happen, fighters make weight, no rumors of injury, they look good in their prefight work out, etc. Don't be such a newb

That's stupidity. There's no such thing as "certainty" in any sport. And it's even more so in a sport where literally one random thing can end a fight.

Here's a hypothetical: Let's say somehow we got Khabib matched up against an unranked regional scrub who was a bantamweight. Basically a guy with essentially no chance of winning. Let's say I'm a bookmaker and I made Khabib a 5 million to one favorite. By your rationale, someone who is "certain" that Khabib will win and that has 5 mil laying around should bet it on him and make the "guaranteed one dollar" because..."free money right"?

Do you now see how stupid that line of thinking is?

MJ is a twig tho. Khabib recently only fought two stronger more body durable guys recently, and they were Conor and Al of all the people. He had to work and at moments seemed to unable put pressure on. The problem here is that Tony is an order of magnitude more durable and strong than those guys, and he doesn't gas.

such an interesting match up. I think it'll go to decision. Khabib smothering Tony in the first two rounds. third round up in the air. khabib being a bit tired in round 4 and 5 and Tony turning it on. I'll flip a coin.

I don’t give a fuck, I’ll accept Khabib as the goat if he stops Tony
Tony would be his 4th top10 win ever I think... its too soon for that.
Fedor murdered 9 former UFC champs and had a 35 fight unbeaten streak tested against the baddest men of the world.
Also Khabib is only a lightweight.

Khabib will avoid the full guard, keep his head out of harms way, and break down Tony's body. Tony will have a large advantage on the feet in the beginning of every round. This should be awesome. Can't wait.
Tony isn't gonna have any advantage on the feet, his defense isn't great what so ever. Khabib is highly underrated on the feet, he can touch Tony all he wants with the jab. Tony does a bunch of nonsense in his standup that doesn't amount to anything, it's only when his opponents gets tired is when he takes over. He's been beat up by everyone in the first round, and Khabib doesn't get tired.

The way Tony doesn't defend the TD, Khabib will have his way with him. I think people will be surprised how easy he makes It look.
agreed
I feel people are banking on Tony too much because they just want the satisfaction of seeing an undefeated fighter lose for the first time because its almost like it will inspire them to see something seems so impossible being able to lose

People are banking on Tonys bottom game way too much. His best ways to win from the bottom are low percentage and include elbows and submission. Khabib is too good on top to be elbowed effectively, he can just posture up etc. As for submitting him or trying to sweep him from bottom, good luck

The outcome will be different if Ferguson and Johnson fight today.

if Tony cant stop Khabib , I dont see anyone else can do it
Gaethje has a chance. Hes just gettin em all out of there in less than 5 mins now

MJ is a twig tho. Khabib recently only fought two stronger more body durable guys recently, and they were Conor and Al of all the people. He had to work and at moments seemed to unable put pressure on. The problem here is that Tony is an order of magnitude more durable and strong than those guys, and he doesn't gas.
Wtf khabib had 2 10-8 rounds against al and won 50-43. the fight was a mismatch.
Conor cheated his ass off and khabib still won in dominant fashion.
Tony wins 10-9 rounds and people look at him as he is a god.
Khabib had more 10-8 rounds in his last 5 fights than tony in all of his ufc fights.

I will too, if he does what Penn did. While holding the LW belt, jump up to WW and easily submit, the (at that time), consensus GOAT WW.
20100913-penn-hughes_original.jpg

This guy's waiting...
kamaru-usman.jpg

you think Khabib would struggle with that bum?

Back