Media Michael Johnson On Khabib x Tony

Tony should fight him to avange his loss too :D
Tony had his chance to avenge his loss to Johnson and he chickened out.

I will be very surprised if he actually makes it to the octagon against Khabib.

Im impresses by the amount of people that believe Tony has a strong chance of winning from bottom position of all places, mind boggling.

I mean if the only way he can win is via cut/Dr stoppage, it would just mess the result up if Khabib is still able to fight physically. It would almost create a rematch scenario clogging up the forever clogged Lw division.

Anyways, Tony prob comes out in typical fashion trying an Imanari roll he cant hit for shit then just end up underneath Kahbib.

Tony can win here with his Diaz like zombie toughness late in the fight and turn the tides like he has done before but I say his chances are about as slim as Cerrone winning next weekend....

Tony had his chance to avenge his loss to Johnson and he chickened out.

I will be very surprised if he actually makes it to the octagon against Khabib.

No you won't but it let's you say funny, edgy stuff like that Tony is "scared" so carry on bro...

Tony is not going to get caught on the cage trying to stand up like Johnson and get wrist rode while Khabib talks to Dana. He's going to piece khabib up on the feet. If Khabib shoots, he'll threaten Darce. If Khabib secures a take down Tony will lock in his rubber guard and start dropping bows and threaten with triangles. Most guys get caught trying to survive the grappling where tony will embrace it. He's not coming to fight Khabib he's coming to kill him. Its something Khabib has never really faced imo.

Khabib's camp talking about head position in guard, being under the chin....yea good fucking luck getting there, good luck not getting swept, good luck not eating some serious bows and when you're in the midst of the deepest shit you've ever been in and you realize tony only gets stronger when he's tired and tastes your blood you're going to be really really fucking disappointed you took the fight.

Let's just pray it happens this time
This!....and I love Khabib

Tony will be best served keeping the fight standing. The only reason he should even entertain the ground is going for a darce. No guillotines, no guard, no rubber guard, none of that fancy Eddie bravo stuff, just keep the fight standing and threaten the darce whenever khabib goes for his legs or gets too close. I don't think he can do anything off his back except stall, which wouldn't be a bad idea either.

The way Tony doesn't defend the TD, Khabib will have his way with him. I thing people will be surprised how easy he makes It look.
I agree. I can’t imagine tony subbing him, either.

Very likely, depends on the line at fight time and how they look at weigh ins. If it stays at +185 or better I'll probably take it. I havent seen a line on Tony by sub yet but I'd probably consider that and maybe the over on rounds as well. Something like a 4th round finish sounds about right. If I ship it i'll post my betting slip
If you’re so certain it shouldn’t depend on the line. Put your house on it.

Of course MJ would say that. He fought them both and he has to make sense out of his loss to khabib. In his mind I'm sure MJ might even believe he is the second best lw in the world, being that he beat tony, dustin and others. That's a fighters mentality to believe they are the measuring stick of all other fighters.

If tony beats khabib people are going to know and mj even would have to admit tony is probably better than him now and his chances in a 5 round fight are slim.

The way Tony doesn't defend the TD, Khabib will have his way with him. I thing people will be surprised how easy he makes It look.

You need to listen to uncle chael (a great wrestler in his own right) talk about Tony's wrestling abilities.

Then you need to go back and watch the tape again and at some point hopefully you'll realize tony fights people how he wants to, even if it gets thick for a while.

If he doesn't want to get taken down, he doesn't get taken down, even if he has to do a somersault and sprint back to his feet.

yeah you're right, what the hell does Michael Johnson know. Tony will just use his magic elbows to decapitate Khabib easily. And even though Tony was getting man handled by a staph infected Kevin Lee on the ground, Khabib has nothing for him when it comes to grappling!
Lol.. will be dragging this post up when your boy gets smeshed..'Khabib has nothing for him when it comes tp grappling' LOLZ
<YeahOKJen>

I don’t give a fuck, I’ll accept Khabib as the goat if he stops Tony

I will too, if he does what Penn did. While holding the LW belt, jump up to WW and easily submit, the (at that time), consensus GOAT WW.
20100913-penn-hughes_original.jpg

This guy's waiting...
kamaru-usman.jpg

Back