Michael Johnson-Beneil Dariush...The actual numbers (Fight Metric) and now SCORECARDS

OP shouldn't be posting pics of FightMetric total, as it shows 84 significant strikes to 75, which would hardly indicate a huge robbery. I do believe Johnson should've won, but OP is not helping his case when he uses a pic showing 84 to 75 in significant strikes, which would actually indicate a competitive fight

Yup, and if you look even further at their breakdown you'll notice a much larger percentage of MJ's total significant strikes were to the body while the larger percentage of Dariush's were to the head. MJ's could mean he was hitting his arms. I sure didn't notice a ton of great body shots in that fight with MJ looking to strike from the next zip code.

84 to 77 in total strikes. I find it hard to believe Johnson did that well in the third, tbh. When there is only 7 total strikes separating a fight, please stop the robbery bs.

The issue is that fights aren't scored as a whole, and Johnson clearly won the first two rounds. Not that I've lost any sleep over it.

The issue is that fights aren't scored as a whole, and Johnson clearly won the first two rounds. Not that I've lost any sleep over it.

First two rounds were close. Dariush lost the first because he dropped to a knee for .5 seconds.. Although he landed a couple flying knees square in the jaw in the first and second that kenflo and whoever decided to completely ignore. I rewarded the fight. Two of the judges probably had dariush winning the first besides the flash/questionable knock down where dariush wasn't hurt, but did fall to his new for a moment. Those judges who thought Dariush did well in the first but had to score if for Johnson probably decided to give Dariush the second based on that. I saw MJ win about a m

Oh, and I've been watching Boxing since the 1980s, I'm aware as to how fights are scored.

johnson seem like he was told of the decision before it was even announced . he seems pissed and was shaking his head

This fight comes down to round 2, which was a close round. Round 1 and 3 were clear cut rounds to score so there is no debating there.

After watching this fight live, I had Dariush winning the fight 29-28 and after watching it again I stay with that. I dont get why so many people are screaming robbery in this fight when you had 2 clear rounds split and one close one that goes either way. I cant imagine how anyone can make an argument for a clear MJ round 2 when its that close. Watch it again people.

Round 2 was the deciding round and I had Dariush winning it slightly. Those fightmetric numbers first and are nothing to do by, pretty much 75% of strikes that MJ landed were blocked, glancing or ineffective strikes. MJ landed punches to Beniels legs and knees a few times when he attacked with kicks and jumping knees. MJ threw like 20 more strikes which looked like he was more busy, but its what lands that counts. Dariush landed the more clean strikes in that round. He had a few kicks, that jumping knee connected solid a few times and landed some solid jabs and uppercuts. MJ landed some good punches, volume and moved forward but I felt it was the more effective and clean strikes that counted here. And I think that it what did it for the judges, they saw Beniel landing those clean strikes while most of what MJ landed clean was when Beniel was moving back and circling away, it didnt have that same impact.

Exactly how I felt watching it live. And if you fight like Johnson did (point-fighting) you are asking for this type of decision loss.

Oh, and I've been watching Boxing since the 1980s, I'm aware as to how fights are scored.

From what I recall, reading your opinions on this board in general you are a pretty awful person with a less-than-average intellect.

I don't think anybody cares what you've been watching or how long you've been watching it. You've shown repeatedly that you don't have the ability to think critically with regards to what you're seeing, so it's no surprise your opinion isn't given much credence by other posters.

Just something to think about.

From what I recall, reading your opinions on this board in general you are a pretty awful person with a less-than-average intellect.

I don't think anybody cares what you've been watching or how long you've been watching it. You've shown repeatedly that you don't have the ability to think critically with regards to what you're seeing, so it's no surprise your opinion isn't given much credence by other posters.

Just something to think about.

It's just a few.. While they are trying to insult me, there is usually a majority agreeing with me. Also, I've never seen you, what other accounts are you? Pretty sure my support of wwmma has gained the ire of the UFC crowd. They bash me. There are 5-6 dorks who follow me around who are angry I'm not a dork and say weird things to me I. Threads where, again, a high % of othe people are agreeing with me. Critical thinking and logic are my strong points. They have got me to a scholarship prlirsuinh a Doctorate which I get back to in September. So again, UFC guys don't like me here, and then there's a few weirdos. I'm not worried. I've never seen you lol.

Didn't watch this fight but that looks like some fuckery. I like both fighters, sucks that this happened.

Enough is enough, we knead to fucking articulate the difference between close rounds and dominant rounds. If one guy is in control the entire round, you can't fucking give one guy 9 points to the other guy's 10. If a guy gets nearly finished in the first 10 seconds of a fight, and hangs on for dear life for 5 minutes, bleeding from every part of his face, there is no fucking way he should have 80% of the points that his opponent does.

There is no reason that judging standards can't change. When neither guy had a clear advantage or landed meaningful offense, it's a 10-10. If it was narrowly contested the whole time except for like 30 seconds when one guy exercised clear positional control or landed like 3 good shots that his opponent couldn't avoid, 10-9. When one guy has control over the fight for sustained periods of time, even if it isn't particularly damaging or dominant, he can get a 10-8. The kind of clear differentials that we see in striking or grappling (i.e. outlanding an opponent 2-1, easily landing multiple takedowns in a round) we should be moving into 10-7 and 10-6 territory. I'd be fine seeing Stipe Miocic take a 10-3 or something off of Mark Hunt. (I mean, i was going to be sad regardless, but the scores should have at least reflected the lamentable scene)

Alternatively, abandon round-by-round scoring and solve this whole stupid problem.

If MJ had won 29-28 like he should have, there wouldn't be any of this contrarian fanatical bullshit. Same with Iaquinta and Masvidal.

I believe Johnson won. But if more fighters get this treatment for coasting the last round I wouldn't be the least bit upset. But yeah Johnson won pretty clearly.

From looking at the numbers, it seems the judges scored heavier on head hunting, which Dairush did more of.

I believe Johnson won. But if more fighters get this treatment for coasting the last round I wouldn't be the least bit upset. But yeah Johnson won pretty clearly.

Coasting is what 70% Hendricks did against GSP and Lawler 1 & 2.

MJ probably gassed and still did more than Dariush.

From looking at the numbers, it seems the judges scored heavier on head hunting, which Dairush did more of.

Could be, even if it's a stupid way to score.

I happen to think that Dariush won, not because of more head shots, but because he landed the more meaningful strikes, controlled the distance and dictated when and where the exchanges took place.

I was high and thought daeiush won with his counter knees to the gut in the second round. Very close round imo

Could be, even if it's a stupid way to score.

I happen to think that Dariush won, not because of more head shots, but because he landed the more meaningful strikes, controlled the distance and dictated when and where the exchanges took place.

Meaningful strikes such as what? jabs? Those knees missed a were countered by MJ. Also Dariush got hurt and knocked down.

Solely backing up and not engaging means controlling the distance?

Getting your takedowns stuffed is taking control?

What's your take on other blatant robberies or close matches? Are you a pendred or Gus fan?

Back