Michael Johnson-After I dispose Beneil I'm gonna smash Pettis or Khabib (New Podcast)

MJ is probably the most dangerous guy at 155 right now. The way he throws punches are with real fight ending intentions plus he ate some hard hard shots from Barboza really well.

MJ is a good fighter don't get me wrong but didn't reach the top level to be calling out or shittin on higher level guys then him..

I normally don't like when lower ranked guys shit talk higher ranked and proven fighters.. I appreciate more fighters from lower ranks fighting there way up to the top rather then starting unwarranted beefs to just get a shot at the top guys

I actually think he has the best shot at beating khabib

Orly? The dude who got submitted by Reza Madadi is going to "smash Khabib"? Good luck with that.

Orly? The dude who got submitted by Reza Madadi is going to "smash Khabib"? Good luck with that.
Exactly. People seem to forget how badly he got out-grappled by Jury and Madadi, but Khabib will be no problem for Johnson? Lol, Dariush is a higher-level grappler than both Jury and Madadi, if he gets it to the ground, it could be over quickly.

This fight should be a good tests to see how far Johnson's TDD and BJJ defense have come along.

I rewatched his fight with cucuy and realized how extremely close it was....

Fast forward a year or two to see Ferguson blitzing the entire division, it helped MJ's stock a lot in my eyes.

I rewatched his fight with cucuy and realized how extremely close it was....

Fast forward a year or two to see Ferguson blitzing the entire division, it helped MJ's stock a lot in my eyes.
Apparently, Tony was very sick during that fight, and he STILL made it a fight. I think El Cucuy is going to end up in the Top 5 at some point, he's a beast.

hes not getting past Dariush. back to the drawing board he will go which is exactly what he deserves for looking past Beneil D

Johnson's going to school Dariush on the feet. He's looked slick in his last few fights, particularly against Tibau and Barboza.

I like Dariush. His ground game is legit and he's surprised me with his striking too, but I don't think he can hang with Johnson on the feet and will have trouble getting him to the mat. Not the most athletic guy.

i give dariush a bigger chance surviving on the feet with mj then i do mj surviving on the ground with dariush. dude got subbed by 'handbags' for christ sake.

beneil is a world class black belt, jury and handbags aren't anywhere near that and both made it look easy grappling with mj.

would love to see him fight Pettis or Khabob i got no idea why they're giving him Beneil of all people right now though seems like a gimme fight

with MJ's constant pressure he could give Pettis some problems although Pettis is overall the better fighter
as for Khabob he might get wrestlefucked

tumblr_inline_nax5p6N6zL1sk6ita.gif

Right, this is a far more intriguing fight than I first assumed, the more I consider it.

Dariush has become a monster since Nijem smashed him, I still can't believe that happened. A true MMA anomaly.

If Dariush can take him down (and Jury could, so could Madadi), Johnson's in for a short night, IMO.

My initial pick was Johnson, TKO. But Dariush's standup is looking sharp now, I now predict Dariush, dominant UD.

Back