Michael Hunter to be confirmed for AJ on Tuesday

sweetviolenturg

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
It looks like Luis Ortiz was never seriously in the running to replace "Big Baby" Miller on June 1. I'm hearing that the 16-1 Michael Hunter Jr. is going to be announced as AJ's new opponent. Which some fans aren't too happy about as they're expecting the fight to be a mismatch but I disagree. Hunter comes from a legacy of world-class heavyweight fighters & had a very extensive & decorated amateur career. He's highly skilled & well-schooled with the type of style that could trouble AJ. Especially if Joshua isn't 100% focused & motivated by his replacement opponent.

Only person to blame for all of this Jarrell Miller and nobody else!

I appreciate the thread but I'm so tired of AJ not fighting other top boxers. It's like he's being protected!
Need to see him vs Fury and Wilder.

I give Hunter more shot in this fight than Miller had because he's fast and can punch a bit. But it's still way too soon for Hunter.

I appreciate the thread but I'm so tired of AJ not fighting other top boxers. It's like he's being protected!
Well he's beat more top competition than any other heavyweight currently. He's not been fighting slouches, he just hasn't fought Wilder/Fury yet.

Well he's beat more top competition than any other heavyweight currently. He's not been fighting slouches, he just hasn't fought Wilder/Fury yet.
Yeah. I should have said it's his management maybe. It's like thy're keeping him away from people who pose the bigger threats to him.

Look at the current top 10 heavyweights. He's beaten most of them.

Yeah. I should have said it's his management maybe. It's like thy're keeping him away from people who pose the bigger threats to him.

His management just offered wilder $80m for 2 fights with Joshua. What more do they have to do to make the fight lol
The problem isn’t Joshua or his management

Didnt even know hunter moved up after the usyk loss. He only looks 6ft 2. He is gonna get monstered

I used to work with Mike a few years ago. He has a ton of talent and is crafty as hell. happy to see him get his shot. its definitely going to be a challenge for him being in there with someone that much bigger.

I used to work with Mike a few years ago. He has a ton of talent and is crafty as hell. happy to see him get his shot. its definitely going to be a challenge for him being in there with someone that much bigger.
Hunter has his work cut out for him but I don't think that AJ's size is going to be as much of a problem for him as most folks believe. Mike's grown up in all the best gyms in the world sparring all of the best heavyweights so he's used to being outsized. Plus he just beat two much bigger men back to back in his last two fights & he stopped them.
No, they weren't on AJ's level by any means but I have a feeling that Mike's going to shock a lot of people with his performance. I think he may even take AJ the full 12 rounds & make a close fight of it. Parker did it & IMO Hunter is more naturally gifted than Parker.

Hunter has his work cut out for him but I don't think that AJ's size is going to be as much of a problem for him as most folks believe. Mike's grown up in all the best gyms in the world sparring all of the best heavyweights so he's used to being outsized. Plus he just beat two much bigger men back to back in his last two fights & he stopped them.
No, they weren't on AJ's level by any means but I have a feeling that Mike's going to shock a lot of people with his performance. I think he may even take AJ the full 12 rounds & make a close fight of it. Parker did it & IMO Hunter is more naturally gifted than Parker.
i am definitely not a boxing expert, but i always thought mike's craftiness and boxing iq were up there with anyones. so he can definitely give aj fits. but he did well with usyk until he eventually wore down, so i am wondering if the same can happen.

mike has always been his own biggest enemy. i havent been around him lately, but if he finally got his head on straight and is focused on JUST boxing and not outside distractions (i will leave what i have been told out of it), he can go with anyone. i just hope he lives up to his full capabilities. he is a nice kid, but focus is a huge issue for him

Hearn reached out to Wilder severel times. It's Shelly Finkel who acts shady.

Hunter isn't a bad fighter, but tough to see him doing much against Joshua.

Hunter isn't worse than Miller, he actually fought Usyk (got worked but still he lasted 12), who the fuck did Miller ever face in boxing that wasn't decrepit or a nobody? Fucking chemicals...:mad:

Whyte turned it down, Wilder has a fight, turned down 100m for a deal which included 2 Joshua fights, Fury turned down an offer then signed a 100m deal with ESPN, if Ortiz turns it down who the fuck is left.

Whyte turned it down, Wilder has a fight, turned down 100m for a deal which included 2 Joshua fights, Fury turned down an offer then signed a 100m deal with ESPN, if Ortiz turns it down who the fuck is left.
I've been reading a few articles saying Charr. He's not the most exciting but at least AJ gets another belt WBA regular out of it and ko's another pretend champion.

Back