Michael Fassbender vs Ian Holm androids

Drain Bamage

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Who do you think played a better/creepier android Fassbender or Holm?

srnwgu7.jpg

vUS6gpg.jpg

Holm stole the show... pretty easy answer.

Holm stole the show... pretty easy answer.

I wouldn't say Holm "stole the show". Alien was a great movie through and through. I think that term actually fits more for Fassbender who gave great performances in mediocre movies.

Fassbender was definitely given more material to work with and more opportunities to impress. Not sure if that's really fair to Ian Holm, though Fassbender also had more opportunities to stink of the screen if he didn't deliver.

Anyway, Lance Henriksen deserves a mention here as well. I always liked the way he takes the gun as he's crawling into the tunnel, then sees what it is and his programming "rejects" it immediately. And he walked the line very well of just barely showing that his feelings were hurt by Ripley.

I wouldn't say Holm "stole the show". Alien was a great movie through and through. I think that term actually fits more for Fassbender who gave great performances in mediocre movies.

He made the homicidal alien killing everyone pretty likeable in comparison.

Fassbender was definitely given more material to work with and more opportunities to impress. Not sure if that's really fair to Ian Holm, though Fassbender also had more opportunities to stink of the screen if he didn't deliver.

Anyway, Lance Henriksen deserves a mention here as well. I always liked the way he takes the gun as he's crawling into the tunnel, then sees what it is and his programming "rejects" it immediately. And he walked the line very well of just barely showing that his feelings were hurt by Ripley.

Fass also has the benefit of being, emphatically, the best aspect of Prometheus and Covenant while Holm is just one good element among many in the the classic Alien.

really enjoyed the dynamic between David and Walter in Covenant, despite the ending being telegraphed from a mile away.

Kept waiting for him to go bad, but he was clutch through the whole movie.

Fass also has the benefit of being, emphatically, the best aspect of Prometheus and Covenant while Holm is just one good element among many in the the classic Alien.

really enjoyed the dynamic between David and Walter in Covenant, despite the ending being telegraphed from a mile away.

Yeah Fassbender was very good in Covenant. There was basically nothing else good about the whole movie, meanwhile Fassbender is just off doing an acting master class over there on the side.

Back