Rumored Michael Conlan- Isaac Dogboe Dec 5th

I kind of wonder about Dogboe up at 126 considering he didn't look big at all at 122. Those beatings against Navarette also put some mileage on him. Pretty interesting fight, though, and a big step-up for Conlan (who hasn't been all that impressive to me so far as a pro).

I kind of wonder about Dogboe up at 126 considering he didn't look big at all at 122. Those beatings against Navarette also put some mileage on him. Pretty interesting fight, though, and a big step-up for Conlan (who hasn't been all that impressive to me so far as a pro).
I'm not a fan either, theres just something about him as an ammy that made me believe he was gonna be a KO victim early and a lot in his pro career. Dogboe has heavy hands, yes? I'm sure this is a winnable step up, but would love to see the Conlan story end here.

I'm not a fan either, theres just something about him as an ammy that made me believe he was gonna be a KO victim early and a lot in his pro career. Dogboe has heavy hands, yes? I'm sure this is a winnable step up, but would love to see the Conlan story end here.
Want Conlan to win so we can finally see the Stevenson fight, Conlan is the number 1 contender for Stevenson and it’s been like 4 years waiting for this. It’s a pretty big fight at MSG too

Want Conlan to win so we can finally see the Stevenson fight, Conlan is the number 1 contender for Stevenson and it’s been like 4 years waiting for this. It’s a pretty big fight at MSG too
I'm sure you'll get what you want, at least as far as the win here. I dont believe Dogboe has been on anyone's radar as someone to look out for in a long time... unless you count Conlans handlers who are looking for rungs like Dogboe for Conlan to climb. Problem is, I don't think Conlan is going to be world class like Stevenson, and I think he'll get KOd before that ever happens. Conlan just a KO waiting to happen, and didnt like his carrying on at the Olympics, but who knows? Fighters I have liked less have won me over later on.

I'm sure you'll get what you want, at least as far as the win here. I dont believe Dogboe has been on anyone's radar as someone to look out for in a long time... unless you count Conlans handlers who are looking for rungs like Dogboe for Conlan to climb. Problem is, I don't think Conlan is going to be world class like Stevenson, and I think he'll get KOd before that ever happens. Conlan just a KO waiting to happen, and didnt like his carrying on at the Olympics, but who knows? Fighters I have liked less have won me over later on.
Conlan had every right to do what he did at the Olympics and the judging has always been bullshit there. Even going back to RJJ getting screwed

I don’t think Conlan will beat Stevenson but if there’s ever a chance it’s now because Shakur is just going to keep getting better. I see him as a generational talent.

That said, I kinda forgot that Stevenson had already dropped his belt and is moving up to jr lightweight

Conlan had every right to do what he did at the Olympics and the judging has always been bullshit there. Even going back to RJJ getting screwed

I don’t think Conlan will beat Stevenson but if there’s ever a chance it’s now because Shakur is just going to keep getting better. I see him as a generational talent.
Sure he did.

Whatever, he got the win back in the pros, he can sleep at night again.

Sure he did.

Whatever, he got the win back in the pros, he can sleep at night again.
and he probably got more hype because of the way he acted than he would have otherwise, but, an olympic gold does a lot for you financially

Stevenson was robbed too, for that matter

That said, I kinda forgot that Stevenson had already dropped his belt and is moving up to jr lightweight

Olympic boxing judging is often hopelessly incompetent or corrupt, but Conlan's loss wasn't particularly egregious. Certainly nowhere near some of the high profile robberies in Olympic history.

Olympic boxing judging is often hopelessly incompetent or corrupt, but Conlan's loss wasn't particularly egregious. Certainly nowhere near some of the high profile robberies in Olympic history.
that tournament was bad though. I remember thinking Budtee was robbed against Nikitin. A Kenyan guy robbed a Chinese guy, a Kazakh guy (HW I think) against a Russian. Just terrible all around.

that tournament was bad though. I remember thinking Budtee was robbed against Nikitin. A Kenyan guy robbed a Chinese guy, a Kazakh guy (HW I think) against a Russian. Just terrible all around.

Yeah, it stopped being unexpected a long time ago. It obviously doesn't completely discredit the amateur system, as I'd argue the amateur system is one of the few things keeping boxing alive in many countries, but the legitimacy of tournament results are always in question.

he won all 3 rounds and the 1st 2 rounds were not even close and he was down on the scorecards after the first round when Nikitin was chasing shadows the whole round. Then Conlan was warned for hurting Nikitin in the 2nd?

There's a reason AIBA was suspended after this (financial and legal troubles most of the reason but reputation is a big one)

Finally an actual test.

A 2x Olympic prospect shouldnt be getting fed bums for almost 4 years

Big chance for Dogboe to set himself up for another run at the big time after the wheels came off against Navarrette.

Back