News Michael Chiesa on staying at 170: I weighed about 200 lbs for my LW fights.

And people cry about Conor at 145 and Khabib... Shoot, that is bigger then some MW by fight night. ( doubt St Pierre was anywhere near that when he beat Bisping to become champ-champ )

Last edited:
giphy.gif

<JonesDXSuckIt>

Weight cheats are bums.

And people cry about Conor at 145 and Khabib... Shoot, that is bigger then some MW by fight night.

With Conrat at FW it was visually noticeable making other FW's look like midgets. With Khabib you can't show me a single picture of him making anyone looking smaller than him in the cage, on the flip side Khabib is the one who looked small and malnourished against Abel and Tibau. Khabib is an average sized LW at BEST, his failed unprofessional weight cuts are what haters hang on to, nothing else.

Conrat stats.jpg

Khabib LW + WW 02.jpg

And yet he was only 188 lbs for his Welterweight fight at UFC 232.
Came here to post this, BS when guys sort of brag about their weight cuts / walkaround weight.
Michael Chiesa (170.5 to 188 = 9.9%) def. Carlos Condit (171 to 184.5 = 7.9%)

And yet he was only 188 lbs for his Welterweight fight at UFC 232.
I think he meant between the fights, as i don't think it's possible to cut 45lbs of water (at least not at 200 pounds of bodyweight).

I think he meant between the fights, as i don't think it's possible to cut 45lbs of water (at least not at 200 pounds of bodyweight).
Highest weight cut I have on record is Holloway, pre-slurring incident; he cut from 178 lbs.

Highest weight cut I have on record is Holloway, pre-slurring incident; he cut from 178 lbs.
Nice to have someone with all this data! 33lbs is nuts; i don't understand it in Holloway's case, with that frame he could easily walk around at 165 pounds...

Nice to have someone with all this data! 33lbs is nuts; i don't understand it in Holloway's case, with that frame he could easily walk around at 165 pounds...
I'm as confused by it as I am by the fact that Joanna used to cut 20 lbs despite having such a lanky frame.

Not a fan of Chiesa style and the way he handle defeat.

I'm as confused by it as I am by the fact that Joanna used to cut 20 lbs despite having such a lanky frame.

That's nuts, this sh*t has to stop.
Would really like the UFC to introduce hydration tests and stuff.
Would be beneficial for both the fighters and the viewers in my opinion.

Didnt watch vid

Does he mean walk-around at 200? Cause its super believable. Now coming in on fight week for a LW limit and weighing 200lbs before the water cut is plain ridiculous and unhealthy.

FWs balloon up over 180lbs easily between fights but they arent cutting all that on fight week. Not to mention, some people do really well with water cuts and some peoples bodies do not like it all and shut down.

With Conrat at FW it was visually noticeable making other FW's look like midgets. With Khabib you can't show me a single picture of him making anyone looking smaller than him in the cage, on the flip side Khabib is the one who looked small and malnourished against Abel and Tibau. Khabib is an average sized LW at BEST, his failed unprofessional weight cuts are what haters hang on to, nothing else.

View attachment 715851

View attachment 715853
Very interesting chart, thanks.
Stop the weigh cutting by changing just a little bit the rules.
Fighter are going through enough already...

It's a more pronounced advantage at lower weights too.

A 6" reach advantage is a lot more noticeable with a 5'9" guy fighting a 5'6" guy than it is for a 6'3" guy fighting a 6' guy.

Back