News Michael Chiesa doesn’t see RDA as a dangerous ‘fight’

I kind of feel like he is similar to Luke Rockhold in that he thinks he is better than he is and doesn't own his losses. He also looks gassed after every first round even at welterweight. I got RDA by first round flurry

misleading title

It seems to be a click bait tendency around sherdog to quote statements that can be easily misinterpreted as contentious or disrespectful when quoted out of context and then use that quote as a thread title.

You say that but when a guy worth a gazillion dollars cracks you upside the head with something you would instantly think oh what could I buy with all this money

He got hit with a glass chip on the forehead, he didn't get hit with Conor's left. He should grow a set and develop a little moral fiber.

“A dangerous fight is like you lost your last two fights and now you’re fighting Carlos Condit. That, to me, is a dangerous fight because it’s like the do-or-die, the pressure, winning and keeping your job – or losing and maybe get cut. That’s a dangerous fight.

“Is this one of the most dangerous guys? Yes, 100 percent. But like I said, the pressure is off, and when it’s off, that’s when I fight my complete best. This is two wins in a row, fighting a top guy. Not a lot of people are probably counting on me to win. So, like, dude: Let’s just have fun, let’s train as hard as we possibly can, implement a game plan, go out there and fight this guy bell to bell. I believe I’m going to beat him.”

What’s this guy talking about? Dude gets rewarded the ghosts of Condit and Diego back to back because of the bus incident and now the ‘pressure’ is off lol. I hope he feels the ‘pressure’ when RDA backs him into the fence and starts teeing off and let that mullet fly free again.

tumblr_pbj1qd2rVE1r7vh24o1_540.gif
<Deported1>
That such a misleading quote Chiesa almost admits RDA gonna kick his ass, it's 'not dangerous' because he wolnt be cut afterwards like if he had somehow lost to Carlos.

Last edited:
Dude is basically saying “Oh this isn’t a fight where I’m on the chopping block, thank god” which is the wrong mindset to have. He should absolutely see this as his biggest fight yet as far as division standings go, and consider it dangerous because of that.

This fight is huge for his career trajectory. The attitude of "if I lose it's all going to be ok" is not the right mindset to have when going into a fucking fight.

To his defense every single one of us including you would Sue a guy worth over a 100 mil if he assaulted us too.

Chiesa, a fighter in the world's premiere combat sports org where combatants routinely suffer torn flesh and mangled limbs, gets "assaulted" by the uber star, a virtual privilege in terms of media visibility, receives a slight abrasion on his nose, and wants to sue for essentially PTSD. This will not end well for Chiesa. He will be released from the org to prevent it being tarnished by pansies and will only be remembered in a footnote as someone who desperately wanted to be in the spotlight but couldn't hack it.

This is the only correct answer so far, but the quote is classic Chiesa and the other comments here demonstrate pretty clearly that he is one of those fighters who just isn’t likable for some reason.

i read it and still don't like him. Hope RDA crushes him lol

Did anyone actually read what he said? “Is this one of the most dangerous guys? Yes, 100 percent."

He's not disrespecting RDA. He's saying the context of the fight in terms of his own career is not do or die. He doesn't think he's going to get cut if he loses.
The fact it takes like 6-7 seconds to realise it is amazing.

People dont actually read on this forum lmao.

We he said he thought he would win so he is
Wtf. So he was supposed to say he would lose?

He acnowleged RDA as a dangerous opponent, but has to have confidence going in to the fight, or there is no point in fighting at all.

I'm pretty sure RDA doesn't see Chiesa as a dangerous fight.
Chiesa has shitty striking and probably lacks the grappling to get the sub

Back