Media Michael Chandler's message after his loss at UFC 262: "The road back to the title starts today."

Who would you like to see him fight next?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Coming off a loss? The UFC normally doesn't do that. Most likely the winner of Porier/McGregor gets the next title shot.
It's probable that the winner of Poirier/McG will get a title-shot. Makes 100% sense. But...that fight is in July 10th....and if you give the winner a month off or so...and then do a 3month camp.....you're looking at November 2021 for that title-fight.
I predict the UFC will not want to wait til November to get Oliveira his *first* title-defense....so that means....Gaethje in Aug/September.

Also...Dana is on record in an interview as saying "winner of Oliveira / Chandler will probably get Gaethje next". Gaethje is pissed off right now and he IS a very popular fighter who always puts on exciting fights.

So...Oliveira v Gaethje in Aug or Sept.
Then..... it'll be Poirier or McG's turn (well...POIRIER...let's be realistic).

Last edited:

All class. Respect to him in handling the loss as a pro. I admire the determination. He's showing the right kind of attitude on how to deal with a setback. Looking forward to the next one.

-------​

Your thoughts on his performance against Oliveira and what's next for him?

Look how humbling a loss made him. Went from talking crazy big leaguing everyone to just talking about he wants to win a world title without talking crazy.

Thank you Charles Oliveira for humbling this man. You did a great job. You are making Chandler likable. :D

He didn't show shit. Showing heart is when you overcome adversity in the later rounds. Pretty much every fighter looks fresh and promising in first round.
you know how hard it is to escape Oliveria being on your back when it's early in the fight and both fighters are dry??

like others have said, Gaethje is the fight to make

RDA, two vets looking for one more run.

Both guys were kings of their respective LW divisions for a time, it'd be an entertaining fight that might tell us how a prime vs prime matchup could've looked like.
This was my pick too. RDA has another run for sure, he looked fantastic vs Feldor after preparing for a very different guy and adaptive

Why does everyone think he should fight Gaethje? I dont get the logic behind him losing then getting a fight up the rankings. Dariush deserves Gaethje, Chandler should fight RDA or anyone beneath him in the rankings.

When he arrived to UFC running his mouth nonstop i found Chandler annoying as f*uck. But then he TKOed Hooker, a dude who is tough as hell.
Against Oliveira, Chandler did well, even had a chance to finish the fight in the first round. And he took the loss like a real boss.
Now,
when a fighter lose a fight and keep saying that fell short, didn´t perform as expected blah blah blah basically are denying their opponents the fact that they were better that night. Chandler didn´t "fell short", didn´t just all of a sudden lose a fight in a vacuum: Oliveira nullified Chandler's stronger points and was better as to finish the fight in the second round.
Second, the "road back to the title" will be shit unless he admits that he was just gifted a TS, cutting the queue in front of guys who deserved the shot more than him. To me, is sad that Dustin, who I consider the best man in the division, decided to shit of the belt a bet everything on a money fight with Conor.
I found myself liking Chandler, in the end. I believe he is legit, a top 10 LW at UFC, and the fact that he made no excuses for his loss. But gifted TS are shit, and if he wants another chance I hope he chain one or two wins against top competition before he is given another opportunity.

Back