Michael Chandler vs the top 5 UFC 155ers

His Bellator title record is 5-5, and he kept getting more chances at the belt because the guys that beat him kept leaving. His best win also has a win over him.
I feel that was a bad decision and he should have two wins over Eddie. However he sucked against Brooks
The only other elite guy he fought besides Alvarez is the younger Pitbull, who starched him in one minute.

Justin and Dustin have much better wins overall and more of them. Also no losses to scrubs.

Hughes lost to Hallman twice aswell, whats your point?

One is one of ths greatest WWs ever and in the HOF the other isnt mentioned hardly anymore except for the speedo trunks.

Exactly why losses only mean so much.

Ok bro. If chandler comes in and dominates ufc I’ll eat some crow. If he ends up being a shit tier gate keeper, then I will feel better about my assessment. Only time will tell.

Here is the thing, in his prime, I have no doubt Chandler would have been a UFC Champ.

Right now? I doubt he beats any of the top 5.

He is another example of a bellator dude getting screwed by the UFC by joining way out of his prime to prove that "hurr durr UFC fighters better".

You know, I think Mike does have a decent argument for saying he won the second Eddie fight too. Depends on how much you want to score damage.

He still lost the fight though, and given that he ended up dropping fights to Brooks after that I think Eddie probably would have beat him in the rubber match if it ever happened.

I dont want it to seem like I'm shitting on Chandler, he is a good fighter. I just dont see an elite skillset or resume to justify people giving him near coinflips on Tony or Khabib. I think Poirier and Gaethje both sleep him too.

Chandler is a good fighter but not sure hes even UFC top 10 in LW.

Thats still MMA math.
no it's not it's judging someone based on their fights. MMAmath is fighter A beat B and fighter B beat fighter C so fighter A would beat fighter C. Saying a guy who's done worse in general isn't as good is not MMA math.

I think Chandler has difficulties with anyone in the Top 5. Listen: his resume is just not that good. I get that you can only beat who they put in front of you, but Chandler really hasn’t beaten a who’s who of MMA or anything. But I’m intrigued, and I’m definitely down to watch. I always like new blood in the mix. It’s hard to say where Ferg is at, so that’d be an interesting fight. Khabib, Gaethje, and Poirier beat him, and Conor in good form *probably* beats him too.

I said it before and I'll say it again. Bellator fighters should be given plenty of time to transition into the UFC, it should be at least a year in the testing pool before they're given a top five fighter.

Let their bodies come off the sauce (which we know Bellator has looser PED testing) , let them prove they can stay clean for a year, then give them a chance at the top if they keep winning

"No more bush league promotion????
Fought;
Akihiro Gono
Eddie Alvarez 2x
Benson Henderson 2x
Patricio Freire
Patricky Freire 2x
Fought a 38 year old Gono
Fought a 32 and a 36 year old well out of prime about to retire Hendo
Got ko'ed by a FW Patricio

Bush league

You know, I think Mike does have a decent argument for saying he won the second Eddie fight too. Depends on how much you want to score damage
fair enough. I think hes right there with Hooker whom gave Porier a war.

He still lost the fight though, and given that he ended up dropping fights to Brooks after that I think Eddie probably would have beat him in the rubber match if it ever happened.

I dont want it to seem like I'm shitting on Chandler, he is a good fighter. I just dont see an elite skillset or resume to justify people giving him near coinflips on Tony or Khabib. I think Poirier and Gaethje both sleep him too.

Chandler is a decent fighter, but anyone that thinks he stands a chance with any of the top 5 LWs is being delusional.

no it's not it's judging someone based on their fights. MMAmath is fighter A beat B and fighter B beat fighter C so fighter A would beat fighter C. Saying a guy who's done worse in general isn't as good is not MMA math.

It's also saying Chandler wont beat anyone in the UFC worth merit because he lost to Will Brooks. It's literally the same logic of retardation.

Back