Michael Chandler vs the top 5 UFC 155ers

Lima is much better than Chandler. I think Lima would whoop Masvidal's ass, and beats lots of topish guys in the UFC. I dont think he beats Usman or Colby but he is definitely elite.
No way. Mas knocks Lima out within 1.

a win over Rory and MVP really don’t mean you are legit or worthy of a ufc contract.

Do you know the definition of the word personally?

Its not like either guy is undefeated. Watch Chandler fight, he would be comlpetitive with both.
He's good and I think he could be competitive, but he also lost to Will Brooks 2xs, who was cut quickly by the UFC.
I just don't see any scenario where he beats Poirier or Gaethje.

He's good and I think he could be competitive, but he also lost to Will Brooks 2xs, who was cut quickly by the UFC.
I just don't see any scenario where he beats Poirier or Gaethje.

Yeah, MMA math isnt a valid argument. Sorry.

I think he means that if a guy that beat him 2x couldn’t even cut it in the UFC, chances are his skill set reflects that. He looks great in Bellator, (sometimes) but he needs to be on his game, 155 is a shark tank. I think even La Quinta beats him. He’s like a budget La Quinta imo.

It's not the end all be all. He also lost to Eddie, had a competitive fight with post prime Benson Henderson, and got KOd quick by 5'5" Patricio Pitbull. Plus the fight vs Poirier or Gaethje would be under USADA.
Poirier and Gaethje are way more proven than Chandler and I don't understand how even through just watching them fight you could come out with the conclusion that Chandler would win .

I think he means that if a guy that beat him 2x couldn’t even cut it in the UFC, chances are his skill set reflects that. He looks great in Bellator, (sometimes) but he needs to be on his game, 155 is a shark tank. I think even La Quinta beats him. He’s like a budget La Quinta imo.

Thats still MMA math.

Chandler wasted his prime in bellator, change my mind. Hell do ok in the ufc.. ok at best.

It's not the end all be all. He also lost to Eddie, had a competitive fight with post prime Benson Henderson, and got KOd quick by 5'5" Patricio Pitbull. Plus the fight vs Poirier or Gaethje would be under USADA.
Poirier and Gaethje are way more proven than Chandler and I don't understand how even through just watching them fight you could come out with the conclusion that Chandler would win .

Personally I see his career being very similar to Eddies without the LW title win. Hed get great wins but would also be inconsistent with it.

How can he fight in the UFC if you can only fight after being tested for 6 months by Usada.

Chandler gets Askren’d during his time in the UFC...

Welcome to the big leagues, kid. No more bush league promotion.
"No more bush league promotion????
Fought;
Akihiro Gono
Eddie Alvarez 2x
Benson Henderson 2x
Patricio Freire
Patricky Freire 2x

Last edited:
Thats still MMA math.

MMA math is saying Will Brooks beat Chandler so, Saad Awaad could beat Chandler. Not being able to cut it in the UFC, granted he lost to decent fighters, but shows he’s not in the upper echelon of the division. He lost to Brazilian Cowboy, do Bronx and Nick Lentz. Who are not ranked, #6, and not ranked.

MMA math is saying Will Brooks beat Chandler so, Saad Awaad could beat Chandler. Not being able to cut it in the UFC, granted he lost to decent fighters, but shows he’s not in the upper echelon of the division. He lost to Brazilian Cowboy, do Bronx and Nick Lentz. Who are not ranked, #6, and not ranked.

Youre basing Chandler not beating solid guys because he lost to Will Brooks?

A more solid argument would be he could maybe beat former champs like Poirier etc just like he did Bendo.

See what im getting at here? Because he lost to Will Brooks doesnt mean he also beat top guys, youre just being selective with points you want to make.

You cant base Chandlers whole career on a loss to Will Brooks.

May aswell base Matt Hughes career off the loss to Dennis Hallman.

Wow one opponent. How Embarassing

His Bellator title record is 5-5, and he kept getting more chances at the belt because the guys that beat him kept leaving. His best win also has a win over him.

The only other elite guy he fought besides Alvarez is the younger Pitbull, who starched him in one minute.

Justin and Dustin have much better wins overall and more of them. Also no losses to scrubs.

Youre basing Chandler not beating solid guys because he lost to Will Brooks?

A more solid argument would be he could maybe beat former champs like Poirier etc just like he did Bendo.

See what im getting at here? Because he lost to Will Brooks doesnt mean he also beat top guys, youre just being selective with points you want to make.

You cant base Chandlers whole career on a loss to Will Brooks.

May aswell base Matt Hughes career off the loss to Dennis Hallman.

he lost to him twice tho

I can't see him doing well. maybe he'll hang in the 5 to 10 ranking area.

he lost to a soccer player named brent primus and got KO'd by a 145 pound midget.

he lost to him twice tho

Hughes lost to Hallman twice aswell, whats your point?

One is one of ths greatest WWs ever and in the HOF the other isnt mentioned hardly anymore except for the speedo trunks.

Exactly why losses only mean so much.

Back