Michael Chandler training w/ Longo

Dethrone1989

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Only reason this is in UFC discussion is bc the shirt. So badass.

with his skillset that's a good camp for him. He really needs to tighten up his defense because he doesn't have a great chin.

hope to see him get back on track, he takes too much punishment in fights..

I agree. Crazy that he was seen as the best talent outside of the UFC. He got his ass handed to him his last 3 fights.

I agree. Crazy that he was seen as the best talent outside of the UFC. He got his ass handed to him his last 3 fights.

someone needs to tell him that he isn't Diego. That gameplan he seems set on employing is a mistake, like Kos in a way. He wrestles still, but he seems to only use it when he gets into trouble and go into blanket mode, not to confuse his opponents or fake to land big KO shots.

with his skillset that's a good camp for him. He really needs to tighten up his defense because he doesn't have a great chin.

His chin has looked damn good in his career before that strange conclusion to his last fight. Alvarez hit him with the kitchen sink and Chandler was never even visibly rocked in either of their fights.

Yep.. his chin is fine... his boxing defense is horrible.

I do agree that this camp applies more to his skill level and physical build. When you're style is based around power and explosiveness/athleticism, you shouldn't be moving and defending like Dominick Cruz who although is pretty athletic, doesn't rely on power at all.

I disagree with you on his chin though, if anything he's got that JDS like chin/toughness where he takes too much than he should except JDS has it worse since he's a HW.

He didn't have his ass handed to him by Alvarez and he did much better and arguably won against Brooks than he did in the second fight where I do agree he was handled.

I'd like to see Chandler take a good amount of time off before his next fight. The damage he took between the Alvarez and Brooks fights seems to be really adding up.

I do agree that this camp applies more to his skill level and physical build. When you're style is based around power and explosiveness/athleticism, you shouldn't be moving and defending like Dominick Cruz who although is pretty athletic, doesn't rely on power at all.

I disagree with you on his chin though, if anything he's got that JDS like chin/toughness where he takes too much than he should except JDS has it worse since he's a HW.

He didn't have his ass handed to him by Alvarez and he did much better and arguably won against Brooks than he did in the second fight where I do agree he was handled.

I'm a big fan of Chandler, but how can you say he didn't get his ass handed to him by Eddie in the 2nd fight?

102_eddie_alvarez_vs_michael_chandler.0_cinema_1050.0.jpg

7821910-750x340-1383462171.jpg

I'm a big fan of Chandler, but how can you say he didn't get his ass handed to him by Eddie in the 2nd fight?

102_eddie_alvarez_vs_michael_chandler.0_cinema_1050.0.jpg

7821910-750x340-1383462171.jpg

1,2,4 Chandler that's how.

Guess GSP had his ass handed to him by Diaz and Condit too right?

was he just visiting, doing a camp, or a permanent move? i got excited thinking it was a permanent change but looks like a visit. alliance mma looks like it has some good training, but change seems like a good thing.

that camp will help him grow leaps and bounds. fully expecting to see chandler fight in the ufc later down the road he's filled with raw potential

That would be a good place for him maybe.

His chin has always shown to be pretty damn good. Having a great chin doesn't make you immune to getting punched in the face.

Back