News Michael Chandler to Test Dree Agency After Next Fight

I can't see him ending up in the UFC unless he takes a solid paycut. UFC is busy cutting names who ask for more money, they sure to hell aren't gonna sign one when they just make them themselves.

ONE might cough up the money though.

I'd also argue that signing Ben Askren was less about Ben and more about getting rid of DJ.
What fighters did the UFC cut who was asking for more money? I'm curious. You seem like a intelligent guy around these parts.

Chandler will struggle to get ranked in the ufc lol

Another will brooks case

What fighters did the UFC cut who was asking for more money? I'm curious. You seem like a intelligent guy around these parts.

Thank you. I have to clearify: I don't think a fighter can really ask for more money under a current contract. So we're probably talking about contract renewals.

It's hard to know what fighters weren't re-signed exclusively because they asked for more money, but the list is long for those who had the record and wished to continue working for UFC, but were cut because they weren't worth the squeeze.

Liz Carmouche
Timothy Johnson
Almost Yair Rodriguez
Cat Zingano (This one's a bit weak as she's 4-1)
John Lineker

Then you have people who were lowballed into leaving (which is more UFC's jam):

Ryan Bader
Phil Davis
Cheick Kongo
Lyoto Machida
Jordan Mein
Matt Mitrione
Sage Northcut
Eddie Alvarez

Look at Gegard Mousasi for example. the UFC looked at his new contract wishes/demands and knew they had the ability to push a future prospect (Israel Adesanya), so why cough up the extra money? That's what the UFC has; the ability to create stars. ONE and Bellator does not; they need to import them.

UFC won't sign Chandler for anything more than below his value. It's against their current Endevour MO.

Who will the winner fight afterward? Bellator will have to try and poach someone, how many more fights on Kevin Lee's contract?

He needs to stay in bellator. Can’t imagine ufc is gonna make him this amazing offer

he’s old and shopworn and isn’t the champ anymore. If he goes to ufc he will not crack the top 10.

Chandler fears Usada imo .... He’ll stay in Bellator imo

For the UFC but not for himself or HIS brand. He beat Robbie in a controversial sub after getting his ass beat. 3 money fights but know we all know how Ben would of done in the UFC at any point of his career.
Askren was clearly past his best

Curious which of these guys you guys think he beats ? 18F613D5-87A6-4E33-A217-C962B0198EF1.jpeg

I bet Chandler would sign with the UFC if they made a good offer. But he sure as hell ain’t going there for $30k/30k. That’s just dumb. The ball’s in the UFC’s court. If you want him he’s right there. Give him a good offer and let’s see him in the UFC.
Nope he would get beat by USADA.

I think he smashes Cowboy and Al, probably Felder too. Do Bronx and Hooker are tougher fights but also winnable fights for him.
I think he could win those fights ....but with his iffy chin / defence I think he could lose to all of them as well ... be fun though

I would expect more from Chandler than from Eddie, tbh.
But I doubt that he is on Dana´s list. He is a wrestler and Dana has cut wrestlers with winning records....
I would expect way less. Eddie became a champion at some point.

Chandler has some of the worst striking defense I have ever seen and his chin has regressed. I see him being flashy KOed left and right.

Also his physique and the fact he fight outside the USADA pool left me with questions.

BTW.. I love the guy. I never miss any of his fights.

I would expect way less. Eddie became a champion at some point.

Chandler has some of the worst striking defense I have ever seen and his chin has regressed. I see him being flashy KOed left and right.

Also his physique and the fact he fight outside the USADA pool left me with questions.

BTW.. I love the guy. I never miss any of his fights.
Tbh, but I was very surprised that Eddie showed up in a title fight. At the time he was 2-2 in the UFC as far as I remember.
And we all know how his first defense ended.
Yes, with Chandler's defensive striking skills I have to agree with you, even though it is no shame to lose to Pitbull by knock out since he wins almost all fights this way. And Brent can knock everyone out on a good day (which seems like a long time ago he had one).
And USADA? Unfortunately, the question must be asked today by everyone inside and outside the UFC.
And BTW..if it wasn't a pleasure to watch his fights, I wouldn't have had a reason to write my first reply ...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Judoka_Noob
Back