News Michael Chandler to Test Dree Agency After Next Fight

I've been huge Chandler fan since his first fight with Eddie, at this stage makes alot of sense go to UFC. He's fought everyone worth fighting in Bellator twice and after Benson there nobody else of interest to fight.

You mean Chandler says he's gonna be a free agent and then resigns with Bellator and talks about how he's Khabib's kryptonite.

Nah but seriously he might become one this time, seems like Coker is willing to let him go since he's not the champ and isnt the future. I still think he stays but if he does leave my guess is he goes to PFL for that million bucks rather than UFC.

I think UFC would offer him a deal but not a huge one, he's not the champ in Bellator so they wouldnt be poaching a champ and he's not someone who is gonna take less to fight the best like Will Brooks did. This might be his last big contract so its about making as much money as you can before he's on the wrong side of 35.

Matchups in UFC would be great, Dustin, Justin, Hooker, Lee, Oliveira and if he can get past them you have Tony and Khabib not to mention maybe Masvidal comes back to LW which he just talked about or Nate or even Conor though thats probably not realistic. I do believe him in that interview saying its hard to get up for some of these fights since they arent against the number 1 and he'd like to get those fights, we'll see where he ends up. He's got to beat Bendo first.

I can't see him ending up in the UFC unless he takes a solid paycut. UFC is busy cutting names who ask for more money, they sure to hell aren't gonna sign one when they just make them themselves.

ONE might cough up the money though.

I'd also argue that signing Ben Askren was less about Ben and more about getting rid of DJ.

Chandler is 1-1 against Primus, I was really hoping to see the rubber match so I hope he sticks around.

He probably should've left the last time his contract was up in mid 2018. He really hasn't done much since then with what will now be 4 fights.

I said it at that time he had nothing left to prove in Bellator. He was basically in the same position Alvarez was when he left.

I'm not sure what the market is for a 34 year old with approaching 30 fights on his body. Hopefully the UFC makes him a decent offer but he is kind of one of the faces of Bellator so I'm assuming they'll offer a him a pretty good contract.

I don’t think he’ll make waves in the LW division in the UFC, but would be awesome to see him vs Felder / Barboza / Cowboy / Do Bronx / Gaethje.

It would’ve been better for him to sign last time his contract was up. He’s no longer champ and seems to be slowing down a little. He’s still high level, but I don’t think we see him at his best in the UFC with him having an alright run. I’m assuming he resigns with Bellator though.

Good. Can't be fighting the same guys over and over in Bellator.

hope he signs with UFC

sure he might make alittle more if Bellator thinks he is worth it, but if he becomes UFC champion it wont even be close

risk vs reward

I think he'll stay in Bellator. Off the top of my head I wouldn't mind seeing him go against Felder or Lee.

Didn't really go well for Askren, did it? 1-2 in the UFC and probably should have lost the Robbie fight, so 0-3 really.

I do hope it goes better for Chandler than it did for Askren though
No such thing as "probably should have." He won it. People need to get over that.

I mean it sounds to me like you're way madder about it than I am, so maybe accept it was controversial and get over it?
"Madness", if it could be quantified, isn't a referendum on truth or falsity.

Everyone has decisions or stoppages they agree or disagree with. There's no intelligible threshold for a decision to be "controversial", rather than a win or a loss. At the end of the day, the result is the result.

"Madness", if it could be quantified, isn't a referendum on truth or falsity.

Everyone has decisions or stoppages they agree or disagree with. There's no intelligible threshold for a decision to be "controversial", rather than a win or a loss. At the end of the day, the result is the result.
Yawn

Back