News Michael Chandler to Test Dree Agency After Next Fight

Maybe he should ask Will Brooks what he thinks about about possibly leaving Bellator and signing with the UFC... Alvarez became champ luckily and ended with a 4-3-1 record.
If you're the best in the world you can make more money in the UFC but if you're not stay with Bellator in a smaller pond and be the big fish

Depends in his self belief I guess, if he thinks he can come and make a run at the belt then he should come over, if he doesn't he should stay where he is.

There is something to be said for a competitor testing himself against the best in the world.

Dont know how he would do on the minimal amount of shit you can get away with in the ufc, that boy running 500mg of test at least

He’s better off in bellator. The UFC won’t pay a premium for him. They’re doing just fine with the sweatshop minor leagues. (DWTNCS) He can’t be making more than 100k per fight and then throw in sponsorship money. I can’t see the ufc paying him substantially more.

He needs to fight the Freire brothers, Brent Primus, Eddie Alvarez,David Rickles and will Brooks a few more times first before he is ready for teh UFC!

Too bad he didn't sign with UFC last time he was up for FA, but I understand the money wasn't there.

Prime Chandler vs Prime Gaethje would've been a war, but unfortunately I think Chandler has lost a step or two recently.

He is an excellent fighter ; but he fought in so many wars...
I would love to see him against the UFC rooster, but for Dana, there is a big risk of pulling a Askren !
<31>

Much like Eddie Alvarez (and Kid Yamamoto, and Gomi, and plenty of other great fighters) it would be great to see, but definitely past their prime.

I would expect more from Chandler than from Eddie, tbh.
But I doubt that he is on Dana´s list. He is a wrestler and Dana has cut wrestlers with winning records....

Ben Askren was one of the stars of mma in 2019. No idea what you’re talking about. Never said he had success. But if we’re talking about garnering fan interest and creating some fun storylines then yes he was a hit for the UFC.

For the UFC but not for himself or HIS brand. He beat Robbie in a controversial sub after getting his ass beat. 3 money fights but know we all know how Ben would of done in the UFC at any point of his career.

Didn't really go well for Askren, did it? 1-2 in the UFC and probably should have lost the Robbie fight, so 0-3 really.

I do hope it goes better for Chandler than it did for Askren though

I don't get how a controversial stoppage win gets counted as a LOSS?

Much like Eddie Alvarez (and Kid Yamamoto, and Gomi, and plenty of other great fighters) it would be great to see, but definitely past their prime.
That's right.
We Want to see it
We are a little scared of the outcome
Again, the match up can help the quality of the show !

We were talking about this from the UFC perspective. Not necessarily Chandler’s. This moves weighs a lot of risk for Chandler, but I think it’s a no brainer at a moderate cost for the UFC. Askren generated a lot of interest.
Askren generated interest until he got laid out in 3 seconds by Masvidal. The Maia fight was really just so he wouldn't get concussed again, but a lot of the interest was gone.

If Chandler gets thrown to the wolves as Askren was and flops, the interest will fade quickly. But I like Chandler and I hope he does better than Askren did. But LW is a division that's not exactly easy right now, so I hope they don't give him a top 5 right away

Askren generated interest until he got laid out in 3 seconds by Masvidal. The Maia fight was really just so he wouldn't get concussed again, but a lot of the interest was gone.

If Chandler gets thrown to the wolves as Askren was and flops, the interest will fade quickly. But I like Chandler and I hope he does better than Askren did. But LW is a division that's not exactly easy right now, so I hope they don't give him a top 5 right away

Your fight analysis is utter garbage and reeks of ignorant casual.

Back