Media Michael Chandler staying ready as a backup. Looking great and in shape in training

Explain...
The notion that Chandler is coming from a "weaker org" is absurd. He's coming off a knockout win over Benson Henderson. Now, before you make up some nonsense about Henderson being past his prime, remember that Benson's last UFC fight was a win over Masvidal.

The notion that he's shopworn is equally absurd. He's extremely athletic, explosive, and has shown repeatedly that he has the ability to push the pace for 5 rounds.

He's still in his prime, and it's absurd to suggest otherwise.

Khabib , Poirier, Gaethje and Conor aren't. Tony is but he's spent is prime dominating in the UFC.

Chandler spent his prime losing to fighters who went 1-3 in the UFC i.e he's not good enough.
Khabib is 32 dude. Thats damn near 34.

The notion that Chandler is coming from a "weaker org" is absurd. He's coming off a knockout win over Benson Henderson. Now, before you make up some nonsense about Henderson being past his prime, remember that Benson's last UFC fight was a win over Masvidal.

The notion that he's shopworn is equally absurd. He's extremely athletic, explosive, and has shown repeatedly that he has the ability to push the pace for 5 rounds.

He's still in his prime, and it's absurd to suggest otherwise.

Bendo is an old bum now...his Bellator record shows that. Beating Masvidal 5 years ago means fuck all in 2020.

Chandler may be a big fish in a small pond at LW in Bellator but the top 5 in the UFC is light years ahead of Bellator's and that's not even up for debate.

My point was that a guy who has losses in his prime to people who couldn't even make it in the UFC is probably a good indication that he gets wrecked by the elite in the UFC.

Khabib is 32 dude. Thats damn near 34.

Khabib didn'tspend his prime in some 2nd rate org though....he earned his corn fighting in the best org. Coming to UFC at 34 years of age in the shark tank that is LW isn't going to go too well for him imo.

Khabib didn'tspend his prime in some 2nd rate org though....he earned his corn fighting in the best org. Coming to UFC at 34 years of age in the shark tank that is LW isn't going to go too well for him imo.
tenor.gif

My point was that a guy who has losses in his prime to people who couldn't even make it in the UFC is probably a good indication that he gets wrecked by the elite in the UFC.
Spoken like someone who has never watched a Michael Chandler fight. It's just a dumb take.

Chandler is an elite athlete with big power in his hands, and the ability to take nearly anyone down. He is a nightmare matchup for anyone in the world.

Spoken like someone who has never watched a Michael Chandler fight. It's just a dumb take.

Chandler is an elite athlete with big power in his hands, and the ability to take nearly anyone down. He is a nightmare matchup for anyone in the world.

I've watched loads of his fights. I like MMA in general not just the UFC. I just think it's too late for him to challenge the best at LW.

His straight right is one of the cleanest in the game. it's so technically perfect, so damn fast and so badass to watch. His knockout of Patricky Freire is one of my favorite.

If khabib fought him , mendez stated he wants khabib to fight him in striking only, kinda makes sense because chandler is short stocky Division 1 wrestler very hard to takedown short stocky wrestlers, but khabib would piece him up in stand up

I don't see a 21-5 fighter from a weaker org making huge waves in the UFC at 34 years old. Probably a bit to shopworn for the elite at LW.
Your own post shows hes good yet somehow you still try to discredit him. Hes also beaten two former UFC LW champs so the "weaker org" talk is kinda non sense. Hes fought every name in bellator.

Khabib , Poirier, Gaethje and Conor aren't. Tony is but he's spent is prime dominating in the UFC.

Chandler spent his prime losing to fighters who went 1-3 in the UFC i.e he's not good enough.
Gaethje got a beating from eddie alvarez, who trounced dos anjos, poirier got fucked up by the dude too, Chandler beat him at least once ( i gave him two fights..), so pretend he doesnt have it, is a joke, Chandler sucked agaisnt Brooks, but that was clearly a clash of styles gone wrong for him.
Alvarez (Former), Chandler and Gaethje are the most interesting fights style wise agaisnt Khabib, they had some chance to Tibau him with better striking to go along.

Gaethje got a beating from eddie alvarez, who trounced dos anjos, poirier got fucked up by the dude too, Chandler beat him at least once ( i gave him two fights..), so pretend he doesnt have it, is a joke, Chandler sucked agaisnt Brooks, but that was clearly a clash of styles gone wrong for him.
Alvarez (Former), Chandler and Gaethje are the most interesting fights style wise agaisnt Khabib, they had some chance to Tibau him with better striking to go along.

Yeah he had it about 7 -10 years ago and even then he beat an Alvarez who wasn't anything like the fighter he was when he joined the UFC. That's my point if you learn how to read. He hasn't had any impressive wins in the last 4 years.

Can't wait for his UFC debut.

Video via FB

This is not the video. Its recycled. The gyms are not open to kids. The fighters don't have gyms available to them. This is is the acctualy footage of the workout room at the hotels

Back