Michael Chandler on Conor: 'He always taps'

I agree with you. But at the end connor does give up in fights. There's no way around it.
Agreed but It will have no bearing if he were to face Chandler. He's knock out chandler before it even got that. He's not keeping conor down and he's not going to eat the shots as good as nate.

Agreed but It will have no bearing if he were to face Chandler. He's knock out chandler before it even got that. He's not keeping conor down and he's not going to eat the shots as good as nate.

Yup.

Talk about the disrespect. This man went through two wars with Alvarez. McGregor sparred with alvarez and got him the fuck up out of there. You can be the biggest conor hater out there, but you know conor would spark this dude.

Conor's TDD and BJJ on his back is good. Not elite, but good. Its good enough to stuff chandler's. He's going to realize taking conor down and keeping him down is a lot harder than Khabib made it look.
It's not disrespect. It's true that when Conor gets caught in a submission, he doesn't try to escape, he taps very quickly. Rumble Johnson does the same thing. That doesn't mean they aren't amazing strikers. They obviously are. But it's also true that they tap extremely quickly.

Honestly, Chandler's breakdown of Conor's game is on point. Mental warfare is, by far, Conor's biggest strength. He beats people before the fight even starts. His victories over Aldo and Alvarez are examples of this. Those fights were over before they even started because Conor got under their skin and took them completely out of their games. However, against opponents that are not susceptible to mental warfare, Conor looks like a different fighter. Look at his fights against Nate Diaz, who has been a career journeyman and a natural lightweight.

It's not disrespect. It's true that when Conor gets caught in a submission, he doesn't try to escape, he taps very quickly. Rumble Johnson does the same thing. That doesn't mean they aren't amazing strikers. They obviously are. But it's also true that they tap extremely quickly.

Honestly, Chandler's breakdown of Conor's game is on point. Mental warfare is, by far, Conor's biggest strength. He beats people before the fight even starts. His victories over Aldo and Alvarez are examples of this. Those fights were over before they even started because Conor got under their skin and took them completely out of their games. However, against opponents that are not susceptible to mental warfare, Conor looks like a different fighter. Look at his fights against Nate Diaz, who has been a career journeyman and a natural lightweight.
I understand styles make fights. But I see Chandler getting done up by conor if they were ever to fight. He's just better. Mental warefare is what he likes to do, but he was winning before he got crazy too. Did he talk shit to max? I can't remember. He didn't get in the head of mendes. Mendes was winning that fight before he gassed. Conor's teep kicks had somethign to do with it. He won with a torn ACL I think. So conor is solid. Yeah, when he gasses, he taps, but I don't think chandler will drag him to deep waters.

Why not tap if your still conscious and know your not getting out of the choke plus the pain. I see nothing wrong with tapping if your done and can’t get out of it.

Garthje tapped too, almost every fighter has tapped at some point lol
Some would rather go out on their shield. Same reason why some would rather get knocked out instead of tapping to strikes, or just turtling up and letting the ref stop the fight. There's fighters that are willing to fight untill they lose consciousness. You have to put them out by knockout, or submission.

Justin also said he wasn't going to tap, he said he wanted to go out on his shield. That's why Khabib said he chose the triangle instead of armbar because he didn't want to break Justin's arm if he didn't tap.

Chandler is honestly a pretty big savage in a fight. Dude has gone blind and lost his footing hard before. Anything bad that can happen in a fight has happened to Chandler.

He could cause Conor problems with his wrestling. It'd be an interesting fight. I would put my money on Cono knocking him out though.

Doing promotion for the UFC is better than winning the Bellator strap multiple times for Chandler - he's loving it

Is this the same guy who got TKFO by a featherweight recently?

EeeHHHH.gif

Conor always tap?

EeeHHHH.gif

Cliff: Chandler thinks he will KO all the Top 10, some of them, he said, KO "cold".

EeeHHHH.gif

Last edited:

{<jordan}
Talk about the disrespect. This man went through two wars with Alvarez. McGregor sparred with alvarez and got him the fuck up out of there. You can be the biggest conor hater out there, but you know conor would spark this dude.

Conor's TDD and BJJ on his back is good. Not elite, but good. Its good enough to stuff chandler's. He's going to realize taking conor down and keeping him down is a lot harder than Khabib made it look.

shows what conor wants he much rather fight deigo sanshez than a real contender. nitce he still not signed the dustin offer yet.

chandler is a wrestler who can submit conor.

This guy is getting a big push. I don't remember the last time a guy from another organization got a push like this.

you heard of this guy named justin gathje. what about dan henderson who got 2 title shots in a row joinng the ufc.

This guy is getting a big push. I don't remember the last time a guy from another organization got a push like this.
I think Brock would have to be the fastest I've seen. Didn't he get a title shot in his third fight even after losing his first ufc fight?

MMA Math... don't do it.
lol can't help it. Its not just mma math I'm basing on what I think how chandler will perform in the ufc. I think conor finishes chandler if they ever fight.

Chandler is great at this.

great video.

Back