Michael Chandler Not Liked

FutureBwChamp

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Just saw on Josh Thompsons podcast. I guess Benson Henderson, Patricio, Primus and Thompson don't like Chandler but Josh would not open up on it. Anyone know the stories?

I think some guys might resent him on some level with his many title shots and how he is one of the faces of Bellator. He also seems to come across as fighter when he loses he always has a reason why. Which is kind of unwritten rule of MMA, take your lost like a man.

Im amazed anyone likes Jush Thompson, listening to him on that podcast.

Clearest case of “this is how it was in my day, and how it should still be” that I’ve ever seen in mma.

I’ve never heard primus talk bad about him specifically, Or anybody for that matter. I feel for Brent though because he never got credit for that Win. It wasn’t a freak accident, that calf kick is one of his best weapons and he uses it to his advantage in every fight. He destroyed the nerves in Chandler‘s foot in route to a TKO victory. Everybody called it a freak accident which is silly. Chandler didn’t Rolled his ankle warming up backstage or when he stepped into the octagon. The fight was on, he ate the kick, and his foot stopped working because of it.

Im amazed anyone likes Jush Thompson, listening to him on that podcast.

Clearest case of “this is how it was in my day, and how it should still be” that I’ve ever seen in mma.
Josh is always talking about himself and he loves to talk about how great Bellator is. I listen because Big John is a walking encyclopedia and he is very unbiased.
Still, this is the best MMA podcast out there, not named the Joe Rogan Experience. And is way better than the fighter and the kid.

I didn't hear what Josh Thomson said. But isn't it natural to be disliked by one's former opponents?

I'll take Chandler anyday over ahead of his time cringe lord and evangelical Benson "Bendo" Henderson and his boring wall and stall decision machine fights we were tortured with for years before Pettis did the mma community a favor and took his belt away. As for the other guys, meh. I respect the Pitbull brothers tho.

That all seems incredibly vague. He’s a three time opponent of the Pitbull brothers. Two time opponent of both Primus and Benson. They aren’t training partners or former training partners. I assume most opponents aren’t friends or “like each other”. Why would they like Chandler and what does it say if they don’t particularly like him? Does Chandler like them? All of the buildups except for maybe the second Primus fight have been respectful...but even that didn’t appear to have any real bad blood.

I think Josh simply doesn’t like him for personal reasons and is assigning the same to his opponents.

was thomson negative on chandler? could be a clue if bellator is moving on from him.. or if chandler is moving on from them

I’ve heard Chandler is a douche and the almighty God shtick is an act. But I can’t speak for how others feel on him.

Iirc Thomson and Chandler had words whenever they were supposed to fight for the vacant Lightweight belt before Thomson pulled out and Patricky stepped in so that would explain Thomson not liking Chandler

I heard he steals candy from children and kick puppies.

Back