Media Michael Chandler isn't interested in fighting Tony Ferguson in 3.5 weeks.

Calling it now, we won't be seeing Chandler fight in the UFC until mid/late 2021

But he said he'll be champ by July 2021, LOL. He seems to want it both ways: handpicked fights for big money against big names, but a quick shot at the title. He'd do better by fighting whoever he can and making a statement right away.

No way. Big fights like that need to be 5 rounds.

So, islam calls him out, he says no.
RDA (former champ) calls him out, he says no
Tony (former interim champ #3 LW) calls him out, he again says no.

If he quacks like a duck...

But yet Tony didn't take the fight in October when Chandler wanted it, and Chandler is the duck??

He had no business in fighting Islam, a guy who brings nothing to the table when he's been just signed and negotiating for a top 5 opponent. And RDA? Chandler is not dumb enough to take a short notice replacement fight like a week out.

Come on man, use some common sense here.

He isn't even the Bellator champ and was ko'd by a feathweight as well as losing twice to Will Brooks who did terribly in the ufc. He shouldn't even be offered a fight with Toney yet he turns it down.

But yet Tony didn't take the fight in October when Chandler wanted it, and Chandler is the duck??

He had no business in fighting Islam, a guy who brings nothing to the table when he's been just signed and negotiating for a top 5 opponent. And RDA? Chandler is not dumb enough to take a short notice replacement fight like a week out.

Come on man, use some common sense here.
lol and what does Chandler brings to the table? Islam is better known than Chandler and is actually ranked, RDA is shot, if Chandler doesn't have the confident to beat him even in 5 days he has no business fighting the top of the division and lastly, Tony's fight fall through and he wanted to renegotiate before taking another fight, Chandler called him out, now Tony (the #3 LW) is answering and Chandler is not ready even thought he was calling him out and said he could be ready in 8 weeks back in october.

I read it differently: he's not trying to pick and choose who he fights but when he fights. Ferguson will most likely be the same person in January.
Someone gets it.

This is their careers where a bad decision can cost you millions (Tony). They know how long it takes to get ready. You can’t let someone short you while they have been training full bore for the last month. This is the kinda b.s. that happens when guys are calling each other out on the internet and there’s ten things going 8 different ways. It becomes a clusterfuck.

I can't speak for Chandler, but I speculate that he was willing to take on Ferguson on short notice at 254 because he had already prepared for the title fight.
I appreciate because it was on s big card. He always takes about being exposed to a lot of fans and getting the most attention

Someone gets it.

This is their careers where a bad decision can cost you millions (Tony). They know how long it takes to get ready. You can’t let someone short you while they have been training full bore for the last month. This is the kinda b.s. that happens when guys are calling each other out on the internet and there’s ten things going 8 different ways. It becomes a clusterfuck.
Tony may want a five rounder which favors him. He also might get a bigger cut as a main event. For Chandler it makes sense why he'd want a 3 rounder against Tony on a mcgregor card

Just because Tony has mental problems doesn't mean he's all the way stupid.

Not seeing what the issue is here, it would just be a month later.
Financially makes the most sense for all parties.
Winner of Conor/Dustin would fight winner of Tony/Chandler for #1 contender spot or the belt.

Chandler makes sense

Not seeing what the issue is here, it would just be a month later.
Financially makes the most sense for all parties.
Winner of Conor/Dustin would fight winner of Tony/Chandler for #1 contender spot or the belt.

Chandler makes sense
The fight favors Tony if it's 25 mins. There's one reason Tony might want a main event spot.

I feel Tony should call the shots on this. He's earned it in the UFC.

I thought that he agreed like a a week ago
give him hooker and forget about chandler

SpitefulShorttermBongo-size_restricted.gif
That GIF looks cool but what does it have to do with this thread?

Is Chandler in the background somewhere watching the fight?

lol and what does Chandler brings to the table? Islam is better known than Chandler and is actually ranked, RDA is shot, if Chandler doesn't have the confident to beat him even in 5 days he has no business fighting the top of the division and lastly, Tony's fight fall through and he wanted to renegotiate before taking another fight, Chandler called him out, now Tony (the #3 LW) is answering and Chandler is not ready even thought he was calling him out and said he could be ready in 8 weeks back in october.

What does Chandler bring to the table? Well enough to get a very good contract of what top 5 guys get paid and a big fight right off the bat. The UFC is the one that signed him and sees what he could bring.

Furthermore, you have Tony, RDA, Hooker, Felder and Islam calling him out. That's 5 guys right there that are all top LWs calling him out. So, yah I think he brings something to the table. I don't hear anyone calling Islam out. Islam brings nothing, no one knows who he is. Why in the world would Chandler fight Islam and risk his leverage when he's got the potential to fight Tony or another big name in his debut? Chandler is the one that's demand.

This isn't a high school fight lol, these guys have to be smart about the fights they take. Chandler said no problem, Jan 23rd. Chandler and his management are smart people, they know what they are doing to position themselves well.

I agree they should be co main to conor v dustin.

I'm just curious about whether or not he knows who Tony is (his excuse for ducking islam)

Or maybe he has other plans? (His excuse for ducking RDA)

I wonder what those plans are
I can legit see where Chandler might not now who Islam was, but he’d literally have to be living under a rock if he didn’t know who Tony Ferguson is lol. Outside of Khabib and Conor, Tony is probably the most popular fighter in the division over the past decade, both from a mainstream and fan perspective.

it's times like this that I'm convinced mma fans have an iq of 68. A guy that's eyeing the elusive ufc belt can't be fighting a top contender at 6 weeks notice. He's not a human punch ball like cowboy.

Back