Michael Chandler: I'm ready to fight Conor tommorrow. I'm ready to fight him in nov, dec, Jan, Feb,

Chandler starts to be really annoying and he hasnt even fought on the ufc yet.

Reactions: mkt
At this point it's like guys saying they want to ride the town bicycle.....

So being in shape means you''re ready to gameplan for 3 opponents? Come on dude. He wanted the attention. And that's fair. He has the maxmimize the most of his career. Being on a big card would do that. But don't game the fans. Don't trick the fans.

He's a sore loser. I've seen him lose and contest losses. If he would have lost to tony on Oct 24th, he would have said he didn't have a full camp dedicated to tony.
Obviously he wants attention because attention = money and big fights. and he's almost 35 years old. I do agree tho, this shit is getting annoying from him. "I'm ready for anyone!" then "not that date tho". I really wish he hadn't called out Conor tho, it's just so uncreative. He wants to prove himself, fight Tony. Let's just get some shit started here Mike. book a fucking fight and stop talking.

This guy is a joke.

Can't believe I was somewhat excited when they signed him....

Tony's just an atrocious match up for Chandler, and it appears Chandler's quite aware. The difference in their reach is glaring and extremely challenging to overcome.
a fighter who's known to have terrible striking defense and willing to openly walk into jabs is a bad match up? I don't think chandler thinks that. I think he thinks he can do what gaethje did at the vvery minimum and mix in the wrestling based on what kevvin lee did totony. Tony is not a high fight IQ fighter, he's a durable fighter and his biggest strength is outpacing guys and fighting off his back.

I actually think he wants to avoid hooker at all costs. I don't think hooker is a favorable match for him. Hooker's the better striker, Wrestling is weak compared to chandler, but I think he can hand, He's a taller guy, might be harder to take down. I think he wants to avoid the felders, the hookers, big guys like that. He's never once mentioned hookers name as a potential matchup really. He doesn't want to see him. No buzz, tough fight. Tony, easier fight with more buzz. Just my opinion . I think he thinks that.

I think tony works chandler. especially if he can get a five rounder.

Least interesting match up for Conor, IMO.

I’ll fight Conor tommorow.

I’ll fight him December, January or February.

Pay me money and I’ll happily do it, it won’t be the first time I’ve been dropped, worse case scenario I can give up my neck like the man himself.

But fight him for free? With no money or potential income from publicity etc? Free to get humiliated in front of the entire world? That’s a different story.

But said there was a 0% chance he could fight Tony at 256

This guy sure talks a good game.

Yeah the whole chandler thing is becoming quite irritating at this point.

I take back my intial excitement..

He needs to fight someone. I think he’ll beat a lot of top 5. But he just needs to fight.

He needs to fight someone. I think he’ll beat a lot of top 5. But he just needs to fight.
I don't think he wins against a single top 5. Might be competitive but I think he's bottom 10, fringe top 5.

Tony's just an atrocious match up for Chandler, and it appears Chandler's quite aware. The difference in their reach is glaring and extremely challenging to overcome.
Conor has a long reach too. This is a bad match up as well.

I don't even care about chandler fighting anymore

Is he stupid or something? He’s inadvertently admitting to ducking Tony haha

The funniest part is Conors a way harder fight than Tony

I like Chandler, but I do think he should've taken the Tony fight even on short notice if he was healthy. Tony is the perfect opportunity for him, that's why he called him out. If he loses that chance then that's on him, it will still workout if that fight gets made in jan, but that's definitely not a given at the moment. And Conor is just a wildcard of course, anyone will fight him on a second notice just to get paid in full plus some.

Back