Michael Chandler: I'm ready to fight Conor tommorrow. I'm ready to fight him in nov, dec, Jan, Feb,

Peli

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score

This was a week ago.(time-stamped)

Chandler initially calls out Tony on two weeks notice for UFC 254. Tony said he's willing but wants to be paid more before he accepts.

Tony:Ok, fight me in Dec

Mike Chandler: there's no way I'd fight you in 3 and half weeks. That's silly

4 weeks ago: Chandler willing to fight Gaethje before the end of the year, 2020:

Chandler gave his take on the Lightweight while talking with The Schmo, “There’s a lot of different options right now,” Chandler said (transcription via MMAFighting). “I think with the way the landscape looked - you had Gaethje and Khabib with Khabib as the lightweight champion after tonight - I was thinking Tony Ferguson. But now you’ve got Jon Anik and Justin Gaethje talking after the fight. Gaethje is a gamer. Justin Gaethje is one of the greatest competitors that we will ever get to see grace the octagon . . . (and) he said he’s ready in six to eight weeks, he’s ready to fight again. He didn’t take that much damage in this fight, which is great. I’m ready in six to eight weeks, he’s ready in six to eight weeks, there’s a Tony Ferguson fight, there is The Ultimate Fighter coming up, I know that’s gonna be a big debut for ESPN. Culminating in a lightweight title shot seems like nonstop action for ESPN so I would love to be a part of that as well. So we’ll see what happens.”

https://www.mmamania.com/2020/10/27...er-justin-gaethje-ufc-debut-espn-fight-island

Chandler on UFC 254: “I’m introducing all the UFC fans to who Michael Chandler is,” Chandler said. “I’ve never pulled out of a fight. I’ve never said no to a fight. I’ve never missed weight. I’m the perfect guy, especially in 2020, the year of all kinds of craziness. Have a backup fighter for the biggest lightweight fight possibly of the year, for sure.”
https://mmajunkie.usatoday.com/2020/10/ufc-254-michael-chandler-wont-be-satisfied-until-he-fights

I'm not saying Chandler is foolish for asking for a full camp, but its silly how its wishy washy, painting himself as ready to go, but when someone calls him out, he's not ready to go or he hides the fact he was never offered the fight or he's on a timeline, even though he's been throwing his name in there..He wants everything on his terms.

Stop sending the fans mixed signals. Just shut the hell up, let the ufc handle it and when the fight is made, start promoting the fight.

Last edited:
I think its reasonable if he doesnt want to fight in a matter of weeks but I agree with you that he is making himself look like a duck here with his mixed signals

Tony's just an atrocious match up for Chandler, and it appears Chandler's quite aware. The difference in their reach is glaring and extremely challenging to overcome.

If you can't handle the bladez step the fuck out the kitcen

Chandler would go out out like Eddie did, imo

Chandler, zero proven in UFC is passing the Tony fight, he's scared shitless

Then why did he want tony on two weeks notice for oct 24th?

He just wants the most eyeballs on him. That's why. If it was dec and tony called him out for Jan 23rd, he'd accept. He's just trying to play the fans.

Because he was training to be a replacement for Khabib/Gaethje, and he likes his chances better against a Tony on no/short camp?

Yea I would also fight Conor tomorrow, you would be an idiot if you won't win or lose. It's a win when the cheque hits.

Because he was training to be a replacement for Khabib/Gaethje, and he likes his chances better against a Tony on no/short camp?
So being in shape means you''re ready to gameplan for 3 opponents? Come on dude. He wanted the attention. And that's fair. He has the maxmimize the most of his career. Being on a big card would do that. But don't game the fans. Don't trick the fans.

He's a sore loser. I've seen him lose and contest losses. If he would have lost to tony on Oct 24th, he would have said he didn't have a full camp dedicated to tony.

Tony's just an atrocious match up for Chandler, and it appears Chandler's quite aware. The difference in their reach is glaring and extremely challenging to overcome.
You think? the last time Tony faced a good wrestler in Kevin Lee, he was mounted in the first and basically taken down at will until Lee gassed out in the 3rd. So I dunno buddeh.

Yea I would also fight Conor tomorrow, you would be an idiot if you won't win or lose. It's a win when the cheque hits.
No shit. Point being he was ready to fight all these fighters he mentioned before the end of the year, including poirier. On rushed circumstances but ONLY on his terms(outside of conor) not theirs.

Back