Michael Bisping on WeightGate: The UFC makes you weigh in before the official weigh-in

Peli

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
As @Ufcmaster has shown with his deronn winn post, Bisping says the UFC makes you weigh in first as a preliminary thing. Guys in blue shirts make you weigh in backstage on a digital scale. The weigh-in in the front is for the reporters and the commission.

Khabib's youtube channel has a video coming out. It hints at the weightcut. Maybe it'll finally put it to bed for all the naysayers that He didn't make weight :D

-UiB7BLRXz2QX1VJvMMaxSwGELhs0vwaLR7xmkSa9wVG8RGjZJzxc0xlfjBYxcaJSss-tnYjb4km5A=s800-nd

Last edited:
Although the speed of that weigh in was a bit suspect, I think he made (or would've made) weight. However, if they're weighed on a digital scale before going on stage, why would they go through the whole routine of having them get the towel guys, and getting the fighter to strip down naked on stage?

Although the speed of that weigh in was a bit suspect, I think he made (or would've made) weight. However, if they're weighed on a digital scale before going on stage, why would they go through the whole routine of having them get the towel guys, and getting the fighter to strip down naked on stage?
sometimes the scales in the front and in the back can contradict each other. So some may want to be sure if I were to guess. I've read stories like that

Why do they strip down for ceremonial weigh ins (at least, when they actually broadcast those) despite having all weighed in at 9am? Because it's a show.

For the press/media and the commission to make it official. Bisping says it in the video

I thought we all knew this already? Some morons must've forgot just because Khabib quickly got off the scale. Any straws they can grasp at to justify the hate they have for him, they'll use.

wait a second, if the Commission would do something fishy why wouldn't the promotion who makes money off him do something shady?

Bad logic.

Cause thats the official scale/way to do it, its tradition i guess, some AC use digital scales tho, im no expert on which is better tho.

In Khabib's case i think he was slightly over with clothes, so he ask to go out with the towel, and got lucky it was so fast.

That sounds like the weigh in back stage is irrelevant since it is not for the commission. It's just a check for the UFC which doesn't mean anything since it's not up to the UFC if you made weight or not. The commission decides that.

Nothing to say he didn't have to weigh in with a towel backstage too.

Cause thats the official scale/way to do it, its tradition i guess, some AC use digital scales tho, im no expert on which is better tho.

In Khabib's case i think he was slightly over with clothes, so he ask to go out with the towel, and got lucky it was so fast.
Tradition? They've broke tradition plenty of times. It seems like the khabib fans are trying to justify everything wayy to hard. Makes em look worse

As @Ufcmaster has shown with his deronn winn post, Bisping says the UFC makes you weigh in first as a preliminary thing. Guys in blue shirts make you weigh in backstage on a digital scale. The weigh-in in the front is for the reporters and the commission.

Khabib's youtube channel has a video coming out. It hints at the weightcut. Maybe it'll finally put it to bed for all the naysayers that He didn't make weight :D

-UiB7BLRXz2QX1VJvMMaxSwGELhs0vwaLR7xmkSa9wVG8RGjZJzxc0xlfjBYxcaJSss-tnYjb4km5A=s800-nd

What’s Khabibs YouTube channel?

Yeah I'll take bisping, deron, DC and javiers word over mike fucking dolce any day of the week

Reactions: MRT
What’s Khabibs YouTube channel?
Khabib nurmagomedov

His name. It doesn't have a check mark but you should know by the subscriber count. It has 500k subs
Edit: it's a verified channel now

Last edited:

Told yall

Tradition? They've broke tradition plenty of times. It seems like the khabib fans are trying to justify everything wayy to hard. Makes em look worse
Tradition to do an "official" weigh-in, he asked the reason why they do a weigh-in in the back, and then go out to do the official weigh-in, that part has nothing to do with Khabib's case.

Back