Michael Bisping: Israel Adesanya is great but ‘I think I would have an easy time with him’

KazDibiase

"My style is kneeing people in the face."
@Silver
Reaction score
Speaking recently on his Believe You Me podcast, former middleweight champion Michael Bisping said that he wouldn’t go counting out Silva just yet.

“Israel is an entertaining guy,” said Bisping. “He was talking about the fight with Anderson and how he looks up to him and he doesn’t want to kill his hero but that’s what he’s gonna try and do. I don’t know if it’s that simple. Anderson is very capable and Israel said as much. . .

“We’ll see what happens. I think Anderson knows his back is up against the wall. For him to have any kind of career after this fight, he has to win this fight, he has to look good. Of course, he had the whole thing with steroids as well, so Anderson has a lot to prove right now. So I wouldn’t be running out there and putting the money on Israel Adesanya just yet.”

“He fought Derek Brunson and I thought Derek Brunson was going to give him a hard time but he made easy work of him,” Bisping concluded. “But Derek Brunson looked like sh*t. So now he’s fighting Anderson Silva and if he beats him - and it’s not fair to Israel - people will say, ‘Yeah, but he beat a 43 year old Anderson Silva.’ It is a tricky one and it’s kind of a lose-lose because if beats him, he’ll get that, and if he loses, he got beat by a 43 year old Anderson Silva. Fact of the matter is, he deserves the hype. He’s very exciting, he looks good, he fights with an exciting style, he’s entertaining on the microphone, inside the cage, outside I’m on the hype train, I think he’s great. I’m only saying I want to fight him from a competitive standpoint.”

“I like Israel Adesanya but I’ll tell you something, if there’s one person if you asked me who I want to fight right now, it would be Israel,” Bisping said. “When I look at him - listen, he’s good, he’s great, but I’m sorry, I’m not buying it. I’m not saying I’m not impressed. I’m on the hype train. He’s good, he’s beating people. He’s beating the Marvin Vettoris of the world. He had a good win against Derek Brunson but Derek Brunson looked like sh*t. He was terrified.

“I think I would have an easy time with him. Just saying, just throwing it out there.”

https://www.mmafighting.com/platfor...&utm_source=twitter&__twitter_impression=true

<mma3><6><{CMPALM}><{cruzshake}><{Joewithit}><{nope}><36>

Believe you me, Mike would take him down with the best takedown there is:
Left hook, buddeh
<28>

completely delusional. stay retired, bisping

Spider Junior would put Mike in the matrix and take his good eye.

giphy.gif

Maybe not now but prime Bisping destroys Adesanya with ease

Well Bisping isnt afraid of striking with strikers. Thats for sure. He just hates strong wrestlers.

Not saying he would win but he sure likes a good stand up fight.

I honestly think Bisping would be a tough match up for Adesanya

Bisping trying to GSP his way into what he sees as a winnable fight, is normal.

Bisping ruined the middleweight division and he's partly responsible for the best middleweight in the world for looking for greener pastures. Nobody knows how good Israel is yet so who knows.Bisping actually not a bad commentator until he starts talking about himself and his overrated career.

Bisping is in his own company (besides Serra. maybe) where the 9th or 10th best middleweight was LUCKY enough to wear the title (At the time).
#damnyourockhold

I agree with Bisping, but he's retired so it's an irrelevant opinion.

Adesanya is really overhyped just another example of how sherdoggers know nothing about fighting

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back