Michael Bisping is a mere stepping stone for Cung, to dream match up with Silva.

If Cung is in real good shape I think he could beat Bisping fairly easily but if he comes in with cardio like he did in the wanderlei fight, I could see abidpings pace putting it on Cung in the 3rd, 4th and 5th rounds.
Pretty interesting match up though.

bisping is a big money fight and i think so is cung - everyone wants to fight those dudes, and they got each other

I think Bisping will show why he's top 10 and take a decision in classic Bisping style

I think Bisping is going to lose that cardo edge from having to stand up, over and over. Nothing sucks it out of you like getting up from throws. Bisping's slow high kicks are going to get him tossed, Le made a living out of that as a kickboxer when MMA was not sanctioned in California.

I don't see any range that Bisping has an advantage. He has the reach but Le can out kick him at that distance. At mid range Le has the better kicking and punching. And up close Le has better knees and elbows. Bisping has shown better ground and pound, but the only time Le has even been on the ground for anytime was with Cote after his foot was tweeked from kicking Cote's hard head. Le was in complete control then.

UFC planning on giving Bisping a nice going away payday.

Le owned W. Silva until that knee, which was a great piece of veteran artistry. It wasn't a cardo issue that lost that fight, except having to breath with a busted nose. Wanderlea was supposed to retire after Le beat him, but got the win and kept his career going. Can Bisping do the same? Le will never get the respect to put him in the top 10, but he can retire top 10 fighters. That's his job at the UFC. And Bisping knows it and will be fighting for his life. It should be a good match!

It's all this fight really is.

Cung is fighting below his talent level here - I don't see Bisping posing any real threat to him, either on the feet or the ground.

The UFC brass proposed this fight to see to see if Cung's still got his mojo, and to build up his name even more, so that they can make the dollar bills reign heavy when he's matched up against Anderson Silva on a PPV card.

Odds aren't out yet, but I predict Cung will open at least as a 4-1 favorite, and I'd bet the house on anything lower.

Emoticon-Troll-Dance2.gif

When's the last time Cung has fought? I could easily see him losing to Bisping.

I think this is an undeserved gift matchup for Bisping. Le is coming off an extremely long layoff and is old. Rust and cardio will be an issue for him. Bisping's cardio will win him this fight. The UFC should have given the Le victory to someone like Rockhold or Mousasi.

Sheesh!

Yeah Bisping held onto the delusion he was a contender for a long time. Even with getting dealt a bad hand with so many big fights being against known users he still never showed the other level it takes to be champ. But there is a lot of room between champ and completely overrated can basically. And saying he's way below a 40 year old Cung's talent level is a bit much. Doesn't mean Lee can't win. I'd put the odds around a pickem, maybe with an edge to Lee for power and versatility. But Bisping is a legit top ten and makes the perfect gatekeeper. If Bisping had KO power who knows how far he could have gone? He didn't so that's that but lets not get carried away. He is a solid fighter

I think this is an undeserved gift matchup for Bisping. Le is coming off an extremely long layoff and is old.

Le ALWAYS comes off extremely long layoffs.

I think this will start with Bisping having better odds than Cung, but Cung will beat him, which makes this fight good for betting.

Bisping seems to consistently have problems with big power guys and Cung is probably one of the bigger power guys in MW (not hands power, but kicking power he is definitely miles above anyone in the weight class)

Well, if you can see this from the internet at the public library, good luck finding a new house.

I picked Cung by KO, but Bisping has my respect after this performance. That was an excellent combination to finish the fight!

TS should prolly go back to pretending to be a bareknuckle champ at the Kumite.

*********DISCLAIMER*********

When I started this thread, I was under the impression that it would be a 3 round fight.

Which I believe Cung was up at the end of the third.. but fortunately for Bisping, this was a 5 rounder.

Back