Michael Bisping is a mere stepping stone for Cung, to dream match up with Silva.

dragonclaw

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
It's all this fight really is.

Cung is fighting below his talent level here - I don't see Bisping posing any real threat to him, either on the feet or the ground.

The UFC brass proposed this fight to see to see if Cung's still got his mojo, and to build up his name even more, so that they can make the dollar bills reign heavy when he's matched up against Anderson Silva on a PPV card.

Odds aren't out yet, but I predict Cung will open at least as a 4-1 favorite, and I'd bet the house on anything lower.

Bisping is below Cung Le's talent level? Sherdog never ceases to amaze me sometimes lol

Bet the house.

And then log in from a public library once your homeless and bump this thread to apologize for being an idiot.

Some people...

not the best style match up for bisping but i dont know about 4 to 1

i do agree that whoever of these two wins would be an excellent comeback fight for silva

only better fights for silva, imo, would be either wiedman or vitor, if one of them loses a title fight before he comes back

I think Cung wins the fight easily... but 4-1?!?!? I'm guessing the betting odds will be relatively close based on Cung's inactivity, advanced age, and Bisping's inflated spot in the rankings.

In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if Bisping is favored... and I hope he is, because I will take some of that action.

It's all this fight really is.

Cung is fighting below his talent level here - I don't see Bisping posing any real threat to him, either on the feet or the ground.

The UFC brass proposed this fight to see to see if Cung's still got his mojo, and to build up his name even more, so that they can make the dollar bills reign heavy when he's matched up against Anderson Silva on a PPV card.

Odds aren't out yet, but I predict Cung will open at least as a 4-1 favorite, and I'd bet the house on anything lower.

a 42-year-old that hasn't fought in two years and has shown cardio problems in the past Might have problems against Bisping (and I like Cung le much more than Bisping)

I'm pretty sure what you're saying works both ways.

Agree that Bisping is ridiculously overated. Cung Le may not have as many fights, but his knockouts of Frank Shamrock and Rich Franklin are more impressive than any of Bisping's wins.

And yes, I think Bisping is well below Cung Le's talent level. Bisping is a guy who trains hard, has good cardio and tries to outwork you. No one ever accused him of being overly athletic or naturally gifted. Cung Le on the other had is a freak athlete and a natural martial artist.

Le by KO.

Bisping or Cung is a good match up for Silva. In a 5 round fight I favor Bisping.

Sure Bisping didnt look great in his last fight but if you think he will be a stepping stone to and older guy who fights once everyone couple of years you will be disappointed.

I don't really see what Cung has that's going to be giving Bisping so many problems.

Definitely not a Bisping fan, but I think he beats Cung handily.

a 42-year-old that hasn't fought in two years and has shown cardio problems in the past Might have problems against Bisping (and I like Cung le much more than Bisping)

I agree (including the part about liking Cung more). Also, while Cung fought intelligently in his last two fights, he didn't look like his old spinning/flashy self. His preferred style is more geared for younger fighters. If he can't finish Bisping early (and I don't think he will), it will be a very tough fight for him.

Thread saved. I'm expecting to see a substantial bet on Le when the odds show him as the underdog.

Agree that Bisping is ridiculously overated. Cung Le may not have as many fights, but his knockouts of Frank Shamrock and Rich Franklin are more impressive than any of Bisping's wins.

And yes, I think Bisping is well below Cung Le's talent level. Bisping is a guy who trains hard, has good cardio and tries to outwork you. No one ever accused him of being overly athletic or naturally gifted. Cung Le on the other had is a freak athlete and a natural martial artist.

Le by KO.

On the contrary, he's constantly underrated because hes a douche thats easy to dislike and he isn't champ material. But he's one of the best gatekeepers of any division.

cung is old at 42 years old and he hasn't fought since 2012. it's questionable whether cung can still be competitive at his old age and lack of fighting for such an extended period of time. i don't have much faith that cung will win the fight against bisping.

cung destroys him. much better standup...and that right hook dat dropped rich..got damn

bisping better be reddy

I agree (including the part about liking Cung more). Also, while Cung fought intelligently in his last two fights, he didn't look like his old spinning/flashy self. His preferred style is more geared for younger fighters. If he can't finish Bisping early (and I don't think he will), it will be a very tough fight for him.

That is exactly the way that I look at it. If Cung Le doesn't finish early it is likely that Bisping and his superior cardio takes over

Cung is elite. Bisping won't stop him from breaking into the top.

Back