Michael Bisping Almost Killed in England

ReadWrite

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Excerpt below; link to full story at end

death.jpg

What do you do when evil comes knocking at your door?

The Night I Was Almost Murdered

By Michael Bisping

I’d moved out of the family home in April [1996]. I was seventeen, earning some money, and after growing up in a noisy house of eight, I couldn’t wait to have a place all to myself. I’d found a fully furnished apartment for 67 quid a week (about $85). It was well on the edge of town, right next to the woodlands and furnished with funky plastic furniture from the 1980s but, hey, 67 quid a week.

While everyone else who lived in Bawdlands (no “Street,” no “Lane,” just “Bawdlands”) entered their home via the main street, the only way in — or out of — my apartment was via a back alley behind a greengrocer’s.

The back/front door opened into a vestibule. To the right was a slender, rectangular kitchen area which was separated from the living room by a very 80s-style door — clear glass held in a wooden frame. From the living room you could take the Mount Everest of steep staircases to the upstairs bathroom and bedroom.

Like any seventeen-year-old kid would, I thought the place was fantastic. I didn’t consider that entering via a dark alleyway could be in any way unsafe. I didn’t care how dark the yard outside my door was. I didn’t think about how low to the ground the bedroom window stood.

Why would it occur to me that having only one way in — one way out — could be so dangerous?

The unthinkable happened at 11:45 p.m. on a Saturday night in mid-July.

Cont...

https://mmajunkie.usatoday.com/2020/01/ufc-michael-bisping-recalls-night-almost-murdered-in-new-book

Related: Michael Bisping Almost Killed in South Africa

Last edited:
Hmmmm... it’s like I have seen this thread before...?

*24 years ago

crazy story though.

Because we really needed 2 threads about this didn't we

Why does Bisping have the craziest stories ever? He is like the Steve Isdahl (howtohunt) of the MMA world, every where he goes he is inches away from death or has some crazy event.

And like Steve, he can actually prove the story about 'that one time I lost my eye".

So bone chilling, haunting and hair raising

Well damn, thats a long, elaborate story Bisping made up in response to a bunch of sherbro accusations.

Yep the cape Town story checks out. It's a dangerous dangerous city. All my friends from there have corroborated this.

I believe it. Ping had already been doing underground NHB fights for years by the time he was 17 so any badassery from him should be expected

WOW!

What a saga!

<{Joewithit}>

Hmmmm... it’s like I have seen this thread before...?
Dude, who caaaaares??? Why do people say this so much? It’s like people expect posters to use the search function every time they have an interest in getting a conversation started. You’re more than welcome not to click on the thread if you’ve “already seen this thread before.”

Back