Mexico: Monster truck driver goes berzerk. 8 Dead, 79 injured

I'm sticking to common sense should tell you not to stand in the way of something like that, even if they are supposed to be professionals, especially if there's no barrier. I'm not completely blaming the crowd at all, I say 95% of the blame goes on the driver.

Ok, that's fair.

I'm sticking to common sense should tell you not to stand in the way of something like that, even if they are supposed to be professionals, especially if there's no barrier. I'm not completely blaming the crowd at all, I say 95% of the blame goes on the driver.

I still don't think you can blame the crowd. If it wasn't safe for them to stand where they are you'd expect the driver and or the event staff to tell them to move. Its not easy for a crowd to just move out of the way.

Common sense tells you that everything is in control, they are "professionals".

What the hell are you talking about ?? Of course it matters if the driver is drunk.

It matters, but I would say safety regulations (which Mexico has none apparently) matter more.

Also why does every article about Mexico deal with death, drugs, and violence??

I still don't think you can blame the crowd. If it wasn't safe for them to stand where they are you'd expect the driver and or the event staff to tell them to move. Its not easy for a crowd to just move out of the way.

This was in Mexico, not exactly the best place for safety standards.

Motor vehicles vs. pedestrians are never a good time.

I've never seen people hit by a monster truck, but, I can imagine that it's no fun.

They weren't in the path of the monster truck. See, the truck is supposed to stay INSIDE the monster truck arena, and NOT drive over the barricades into the crowd. The path of the monster truck includes everything INSIDE the barricades. A competent drive would have little trouble keeping it there. This guy was not competent and killed a bunch of innocent people...not their fault.

Artist expression. He was making use of different obstacles. Thinking outside the box.

Wow. Better ban monster trucks in Mexico before this gets too out of hand.

If you just ban monsters they will stop making trucks for them

An official is supposed to have a remote emergency kill switch. By the looks of the video, they didn't use one.

someone should kick that guy's ass

I believe it's all a thinly veiled test of a new border crossing vehicle being developed by the Mexican government.

The throttle got stuck. You can hear it from multiple videos that were taken, the rev limiter keeps going off.

I can't believe any parent would take their child down to the ground level that close to where the truck was driving over obstacles. What the hell is wrong with people?

The picture of the little girl who is maybe 4 years old laying lifeless really got to me. It's horrifying to imagine being there.

I'm surprised this hasn't happened before to be honest

can't bring myself to make a Mexican or truck joke

...really sad story.

Back