Social Mexico City Replaces Christopher Columbus Statue With Statue Of Indigenous Woman

Amazing, considering the language, genetics, and culture of Mexico.

Polynesians 'discovered' South America long before Europeans. And it was no accident either, the Polynesians knew where they were going. They are the greatest seafarers the world has ever seen.

El mundo de los payasos es real.

The peoples of the Inca empire knew of the wheel, but choose not to use it. Aztec calendar was circular like a wheel. North America didn't have any large draft animals, so a wheel wouldn't have been any more usefull than using Lamas and Alpacas. People in North-Africa and parts of the MidEast used camels to traverse the deserts, cause wheels wouldn't make much sense.
How can you choose to not use the wheel? As a labor saving device that is crazy
Having a theoretical wheel is not the same as having a wheelbarrow or a cart. just due to inefficiencies there must have been much more slavery or servants who had to do all the menial labor. Carrying stuff is way different than putting it in a cart and pulling it

How can you choose to not use the wheel? As a labor saving device that is crazy
Having a theoretical wheel is not the same as having a wheelbarrow or a cart. just due to inefficiencies there must have been much more slavery or servants who had to do all the menial labor. Carrying stuff is way different than putting it in a cart and pulling it

This Pre-Columbian toy was unearthed in Veracruz Mexico

Pics from the American Museum of Natural History

https://www.amnh.org/content/downlo...ile/centralamerica_mexico_educators_guide.pdf

Mexico City is built atop the ruins of Tenochitlan, which itself was built in a swampy area; wheels aren't that good in jungle and swampy areas. I'd guess the pre-Columbian Americans tried out the wheel and didn't find it suitable for their enviroment. The Inuit / Eskimo didn't use the wheel either, preferring sleds instead.

they were a mostly rural society, that was scientifically more backward than the european one. the fact that they learned how to put rocks on top of another is not a big thing. egypt did that 4000 years before. my argument stands.
lol at put rocks on top of each other

I’m sure calculating the scope of what kind of foundation it would need ( not to mention actually building it) was so simple you could do it

Obligatory

wELgunX.png

He was gay, Gary Cooper?

That's important. Not the bodies hanging from bridges in your narco state.
that would just be scratching the surface their problems start with their FBI and entire jurisprudence system leading to complete impunity for corrupt politicians and criminals. their prison system is also terrible. that narco problem wouldn't exist if there werent allowed to grow that powerful by there entire justice system in Mexico.

Columbus is pretty much on par with the Confederate generals. Dude was all for putting people under inhumane conditions. Justified change.

https://www.amnh.org/content/downlo...ile/centralamerica_mexico_educators_guide.pdf

Mexico City is built atop the ruins of Tenochitlan, which itself was built in a swampy area; wheels aren't that good in jungle and swampy areas. I'd guess the pre-Columbian Americans tried out the wheel and didn't find it suitable for their enviroment. The Inuit / Eskimo didn't use the wheel either, preferring sleds instead.
Interesting. But only the immediate environs around Mexico city are really that swampy. Like with the Roman empire, it was easier just to throw slaves at a problem than to innovate.

lol at put rocks on top of each other

I’m sure calculating the scope of what kind of foundation it would need ( not to mention actually building it) was so simple you could do it
Probably not him individually but it isn't this super advanced civilization. It's scale was bigger than some European cities but big whoop. This was around the 14th-16th century. Do you realize what Europe had built by then?

all that was communicated in indigenous language...

Building a mega metropolis on top of a swamp was a rather stupid decision they are paying dearly for today.

I see lots of Cristopher Columbus misinformation in this thread.

Building a mega metropolis on top of a swamp was a rather stupid decision they are paying dearly for today.
It worked for them back in the day; they had a massive thriving city. Mexico City though is having issues with buildings sinking.

If I recal correctly the Aztecs(aka Mexica) ended up building their city there because that was about the only place not inhabited. Also, their prophet saw a vision of an eagle sitting on a cactus eating a snake, which is what they saw when they reached the swamp.

Probably not him individually but it isn't this super advanced civilization. It's scale was bigger than some European cities but big whoop. This was around the 14th-16th century. Do you realize what Europe had built by then?
My point had nothing to do with what continent had the best civilization.. thats you Conor Mcgregor fanboys doing that

Back