Mexican troops fire tear gas at migrants

That's kind of irrelevant to my point.

I'm saying migrants' willingness to work for substandard wages drive down fair market value of labour. That fair market value varies from place to place, but undercutting locals is a constant.

I don't blame them for trying to improve their lives, but do for being cut throat competition due to having lower overhead and not being invested in the system. Same goes for businesses willing to employ them. I used to manage a local shop where the owner employed people on work visas because he could pay them 65% of what I made while charging them out at standard rates. Dirty pool if you ask me.
OK, understood.

So geography is irrelevant now?
I'm not responsible for the state of Mexico. I have no say in what they decide to pay their people for a wage, seeing as I'm not a Mexican citizen.

Nobody is entitled to any job but the employer.
Especially illegal immigrants.

It was an example.
And I don't care about it. I live in the United States.

Far easier than trying to build a wall, but solve the issue and you lose a talking point.
A tradeoff I'm willing to deal with.

Its almost as if a reform was needed.
You know from previous conversations that I agree with that.

No, its not your fault. Its government fault that an employer cant hire legally.
No one is forcing anyone to sneak over our border, other than the human traffickers from south of the border.

I’m still pissed. I admired soleimani. He protected his people and the Christians and all minorities of the Middle East.
You certainly are a @&$% wack job...

Christians have been suffering for decades in Iran. Almost all their rights and privileges have been taken away from them.

Kiss his ring. Maybe it’ll make you feel better, nutjob.
NINTCHDBPICT000551404458-1-e1578069145492.jpg

You certainly are a @&$% wack job...

Christians have been suffering for decades in Iran. Almost all their rights and privileges have been taken away from them.

Kiss his ring. Maybe it’ll make you feel better, nutjob.
NINTCHDBPICT000551404458-1-e1578069145492.jpg

christians don’t suffer in Iran. Are you high?

Christians were also protected by Saddam, and by Assad.

then we destroyed those nations and the Christians are being cleansed from the Middle East. By our sunni jihadist allies.

get on the good side and stand against evil.

Good for Mexico, they cant and they shouldn't come in anyway tough.

I'm not responsible for the state of Mexico. I have no say in what they decide to pay their people for a wage, seeing as I'm not a Mexican citizen.

This is a completely non-sequitur, you said that these illegals arent earning living wages, yet they live with these wages and even save up money.

Especially illegal immigrants.

Indeed, but its still the choice of the employer.

And I don't care about it. I live in the United States.

Again, your claim that doing away with the minimum wage would make wages drop is not true. People wont work for a job that pays too little.

A tradeoff I'm willing to deal with.

You dont speak for the whole country.

No one is forcing anyone to sneak over our border, other than the human traffickers from south of the border.

Of course, nobody is forcing illegals to go there, ergo its not exploitation.

To be fair I'm a fan of immigration as well. It just has to be done at a slow, measured pace. Disperse newcomers into the general population to ensure integration and avoid parallel societies. For example, the Iranian and Nigerian immigrants I know don't ghettoize and choose to participate in Canadian traditions and make efforts to become a part of the fabric of our nation. Much the same can be said of most Latinos. I think it mostly comes down to culture and tolerance on their parts.

And that's why I always harp on the difference between diversity and multiculturalism. Outwards appearances are irrelevant whereas having the same basic value system throughout a country is a necessity for longevity and success. I'm completely on board with what the Netherlands are doing and what Hungary did for centuries - and that is if you want to live there then the state will force you to learn the language and forsake past allegiences.

Immigration needs be a mutually beneficial arrangement. That's the way it used to be before feelings became more important than reality. And you can't know if migrants will be a beneficial addition if we let everyone and anyone in.

But now I'm just rambling.. Derp.

It's all about numbers. The sheer amount arriving in America ensure America will be an extremely unpleasant place to live, eventually. In many parts, that's already happened. The real change (destruction) is going to come once the Democrats win election after election, precisely due to immigration.

Back