Mexican Style Headgear (Oversized Cheek Pads) in a full-face style?

HSTigerTank

White Belt
Reaction score
Im looking at either a facesaver or a mexican style headgear to provide good protection during sparring... especially to my nose.

I found some good mexican style headgears such as the Ringside Mexi-Flex, the Fightgear Mexican Style, and of course Cleto Reyes. What I have noticed is that mexican style headgears do not cover the chin.

I am trying to find a headgear with jumbo cheek protectors that also is a full-face style.

So far I could only find one...and i dont think its mexican style per-se, but it does have big cheek protectors.

I currently use the title gel fullface, and it works really well... but I am trying to step it up a bit especially with xmas right around the corner.

Here is the headgear I am talking about...

http://www.fightingsports.com/p_WINPTHG+REG+BK.aspx

Please Note: It comes in black and white, and for some reason the black one looks different than the white one in form. I am talking about the WHITE ones style. So please make sure you are looking at the WHITE one.

It is called the Fighting Sports Pro Full Training Headgear... notice how the cheeck protectors are both long vertically and wide horizontally. Im not sure if they are thick though. Has anyone used this headgear... or know of any others like it? Thank you.

I've sparred with people using that headgear. it's pretty bulky and I don't think it protects the nose as much as you would like it to, also I'm not very fond to chin protectors because the sweat builds up in the chin area, also its not going to really lessen the blow as much as you think, this is why you don't see them much.

Also, why specifically do you want nose protection? cause if your job requires you to look presentable always you should get the winning fg 5000 full face

I've sparred with people using that headgear. it's pretty bulky and I don't think it protects the nose as much as you would like it to, also I'm not very fond to chin protectors because the sweat builds up in the chin area, also its not going to really lessen the blow as much as you think, this is why you don't see them much.

Also, why specifically do you want nose protection? cause if your job requires you to look presentable always you should get the winning fg 5000 full face

Scribs,

two reasons...

1) yes I need to look presentable
2) my nose is pretty long and it breaks easily. I am actually getting surgery on it the 19th because it got crooked one time in a street fight and my breathing has never been the same since...and that was 2 years ago.

Ive actually had the winning fg-5000. The problem is that my nose is kind of long and the nose touches the bar on the winning so its pointless.

Unfortunately the winning is made in japan where people tend to have flatter noses (its an genetic fact).

Any suggestions?

Scribs,

two reasons...

1) yes I need to look presentable
2) my nose is pretty long and it breaks easily. I am actually getting surgery on it the 19th because it got crooked one time in a street fight and my breathing has never been the same since...and that was 2 years ago.

Ive actually had the winning fg-5000. The problem is that my nose is kind of long and the nose touches the bar on the winning so its pointless.

Unfortunately the winning is made in japan where people tend to have flatter noses (its an genetic fact).

Any suggestions?

hmmm. that's a tough one, you're BEST bet is to get that everlast mx facebar only because the bar goes sortof upwards, giving your nose space. I've seen a few pros wearing it on YouTube. Other than that, I really don't know, reyes maybe?

hmmm. that's a tough one, you're BEST bet is to get that everlast mx facebar only because the bar goes sortof upwards, giving your nose space. I've seen a few pros wearing it on YouTube. Other than that, I really don't know, reyes maybe?

Do you know where I can see that video of someone wearing the everlast mx? Can u send me a link

Back