Mexican Football (Soccer) Players in Europe - parte tres, Vela Me La Pela edition

I shitted bricks with that play.

image_content_galeria_full_8280107_20140613131620.jpg

10458432_10154209014790720_6966998097225912491_n.jpg

Last edited:
Hoping Cameroon does a last warrior stand agains Croatia before being raped by Brazil , making our path to get raped by the Neatherlands easier :icon_lol:.

thats not cameroon you racist, thats ivory coast

I understand we would get raped by any of the opponents we would face in the round of 16; but just reaching the round of 16 would be a victory for us given our group. Us going 4 and out would make me happy.

Anyways, out of nowhere Real Sociedad have bout out the remaining rights that Arsenal had on Vela and Vela will stay at Sociedad (unless they decide to turn around and flip him for profit). Sociedad has been clear they prefer to keep him; the article...

According to Spanish sports daily, AS, Real Sociedad will pay the

One of the girls I went to hs with is cousins with dos cantos. She was going apeshit about his goals being called off on facebook. Funny thing is she roots for Brazil lol. I think her other half of the fam is Brazilian.

Well hes half Brazilian/half mexican. If shes his cousin I could see why she would root for Brazil

Oh damn. I'll update the OP.

I'm more rooting for Cameroon to get a draw vs Croatia than I am rooting for Mexico to get a result vs Brazil. Both seem out of reach

The wing backs can't generate for shit. Layun is showing his inner tronco.

Yea no shit. Layun looked like Salcido 2.0 out there

whats crazy is that if Croatia win tomorrow and then on the final day we are still eliminated.

whats crazy is that if Croatia win tomorrow and then on the final day we are still eliminated.

The important thing is we get leverage over Croatia. Those stolen goals were really pissing me off especially if Croatia scores 2 or 3 tomorrow.

In the end the qualification will be decided fair and square between the two (but if we got the advantage it doesnt hurt)

10300294_10152444896100772_506192021574928062_n.jpg

Yea no shit. Layun looked like Salcido 2.0 out there

I think Salcido was actually good in 2006 - 2010, Layun has been off with his decisions to pass or take long shoots.

The thing I like about Layun is he has been able to outsprint "explosive" players both games, usually fast liga mexican players get humilliated at the world stage.

If Croatia wins, then Mexico can just settle for a draw. It's all on Croatia now. This game really lacked a Vela type player. Peralta was a work horse but nothing was there all game. I wonder how would a 4-4-2 look like with Vela in the picture

I'm not satisfied with the result and neither should any Mexican player. Ochoa basically saved their asses.

I read that Ochoa wants to play in the CL next season and would prefer to stay in France. Romero's loan with Monaco expires soon, so I figured that's a possible landing spot for him. He can play in the CL and get paid with dat Russian oil money.

Back