Mexican Football (Soccer) Players in Europe - parte tres, Vela Me La Pela edition

So is Reyes. You guys overrate these youngsters for their merits in a inferior tournament. Aside from Herrera, the Liga MX youth players look mediocre.

Reyes is 21, 2018 and 2022 should be his cups, defenders is not a position were you see young players succed. I mean by comparission Omar Gonzales is 25 and gringos are hanging all over his balls at how good he is for his age and lack of experience , thats a full WC cycle older than Reyes.

Mier on the other hand probably missed his opportunity to play a WC and maybe go to Europe.

Congratz on the win. Mexico was the better team. Their talent was able to overcome the coaching carousel in the last year. I watched the game with my father who is a big El Tri fan. As a US fan it was just an awful weekend.

The US would have been embarrassed at the Confederations Cup so I would like to believe we were spared from further humiliation. This particular team is too old and there is no identity on offense. The US needs to get younger and further develop the talent being brought up by the lower levels. Too many questions, not enough good answers. I am still optimistic with Klinsmann at the helm but my patience is running thin.

Anyways, enough with my rant. Hopefully Osorio does a good job cause the talent is there for Mexico.

Looks like Vela is gonna go back to Arsenal. Atleast Dos Santos is not in London. Last time these 2 were barely focused on football

Could this just be a financial move? Pay the smaller buy back clause and then resell it to Atletico(or other team) at double that price or does that makes no sense?.

Not really familiar with how these type of contracts with buy back clauses work.

Thanks! Honestly I think it's time for Klinsmen to go. The USA is set to miss it's second straight Olympics cycle which seriously hinders players development, and bar a few friendly wins have been playing pretty bad. Our interim coach with little if any focus on our National team was able to switch tactics and prepare our team sith a winning game plan all game; Jurgen clearly got out coached. So the results aren't there, he brings no consistancy and on the youth level they are regressing.

If I were in charge I would start looking for replacements.

Either I've always given credit to USA for trying there ass off (that come from behind attitude is always a threat whenever anyone plays them), but it's time for a change imo

Cheers

Reyes is 21, 2018 and 2022 should be his cups, defenders is not a position were you see young players succed. I mean by comparission Omar Gonzales is 25 and gringos are hanging all over his balls at how good he is for his age and lack of experience , thats a full WC cycle older than Reyes.

Mier on the other hand probably missed his opportunity to play a WC and maybe go to Europe.

I have no doubt Reyes has a high ceiling, but as I said in another post, he's too inexperienced, too green , weak and makes bad decisions. He'll have his time, but its not in this WC. He has shown NOTHING to claim a spot in the WC. Mexico has a problem bulking up their players. People expected these youngsters to walk in the NT like Salcido picking up trannies in Brazil.

I actually have the most respect for a group of players Donovan, Bocanegra, Dempsey, Bradley (and all the keepers they had are legit from Keller to Guzan).

I think the big problem is right now there has been no one that has been consolidated as a replacement for those field players, Agudelo, Altidores, Adu(lol), Shea, Gonzales, guys that get some steam for a couple of games , there is couple of players like Yedlin that look promising but that doenst mean they will be better than the last generation.

Landon would probably played yesterday had he not fought Klinsman, guy would not even be the oldest player in yesterdays game, same age as Jones, Beasley and Bekerman and thats just from the USA side.

USA took a big hit when they lost the Donovan-Dempsey partnership.

Could this just be a financial move? Pay the smaller buy back clause and then resell it to Atletico(or other team) at double that price or does that makes no sense?.

Not really familiar with how these type of contracts with buy back clauses work.

they want to use Vela's buyback clause as part of a deal to get Griezmann

Btw it's pretty fucking mind boggling that the USA keeps using Jozy. Like wtf lmao

Also, pretty wild to see us win a big game without using Jona, Vela, Gio, or Ochoa. I understand some of them aren't playing or in bad form but I feel at least Jona should of came on instead of Guemez or whatever the fuck that troncos name was. Also Tecatito has a bad knack of trying to take on every play 1 on 1, and ends up losing the ball. Surely Vela could of done a better job and has more experience and would of looked for the pass. Tecatito kept get muscled off the ball every time he tried to protect it

It was a pretty weird lineuo overall. 3 pure strikers (especially since playing 2 has sucked for the most part), Guardado and Marquez with slight injurys/recovering from them, Moises as GK.

Guemes is a redcard waiting to happen.

GQ selected Mexicos uniform as the 3 best from the cup LOL.

http://www.gq.com/sports/fashion/20...4-uniform-jerseys?intcid=mostpopular#slide=30

"If soccer players were superheroes, there’s a good chance they’d be wearing Mexico’s tri-colored home jersey. Look at this thing: a chest medallion that’d make Tony Stark jealous, electrified by lightning bolts on either side and matching zig-zag graphic socks. "

Too bad I haven't had a chance to catch any of the U-17 World Cup games. Only seen the high lights

Mexico has been on a tear. Beat Germany, Argentina in the groups and then in the first knock out round knocked out the hosts to advance to the next round. Not sure who fro the crop has been the stand outs.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2015_FIFA_U-17_World_Cup#Goalscorers

Dafquq is Herrera thinking Guardado is some possession player? LMAO

Plus he's playing him in midfield, where he has NEVER fucking played. Jesus christ that shit has disaster written all over it. Too bad Montes got injured :(

Big blame also to Jona for our midfield problems. Had he been killing it for the past 2 years on a different club playing regularly, he would of got called up for this Cup. He's already healthy fro the injury, but has done squat to merit a call up. And it's call his own fault. And the funny thing is he's still trying to NOT leave Barca, even though they are trying to put him in the deal to land Rakatic lol

Anyways, whats everyone final prediction for the group stage? I'm going with the no brainer...

1. Brazil - 7 pts
2. Croatia - 5 pts
3. Mexico - 4 pts
4. Cameroon - 1 pt

Mexico will play Nigeria tomorrow for the semi finals, its the 3 straight time mexico reaches the semifinals (with 2 consecutive finals), Nigeria should be the favorite.

Layun's first goal in Campions league.

Chicharo's 7 goal in his last 6 games.

Guardado with a beauty free kick. Crap camera angle , just posting for the chant.

Bp_B1c8CIAA0fdq.jpg

The real reason Vela didnt go to the WC, he wanted to see teh Heat during the finals LOL.

Too bad I haven't had a chance to catch any of the U-17 World Cup games. Only seen the high lights

Mexico has been on a tear. Beat Germany, Argentina in the groups and then in the first knock out round knocked out the hosts to advance to the next round. Not sure who fro the crop has been the stand outs.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2015_FIFA_U-17_World_Cup#Goalscorers

Not been following the team as closely but I get a vibe more similar to the 2013 team than 2005, 2011. Hopefully they cant get by Nigeria this time. Guy that scored teh second goal gainst Chile (Lopez) its probably the only player getting more hype from the press.

In theory Mexico-Nigeria looks like the "real championship" game, but who kmow at this stage you cant really judge based on previus football history.

A bummer Mexico had chances to take a big lead , where tied and passed at the end of teh forst half, then cameback and were countered when they were taking control of the game.

Some nice goals from both sides.

Yea that shit on his twitter. Apparently he's going back to Arsenal. He should be a good cover for them while Walcott is gone then Wenger will probable bench him again

Anyways. I got a bad feeling about todays game. If we don't win this one they might as well pack it up early

I'm reading reports that Chelsea is interested in chicharito. I think he should stay at Leverkusen.

Anyways. I got a bad feeling about todays game. If we don't win this one they might as well pack it up early

That's the way I feel about it too. When Croatia attacked yesterday they looked very dangerous and I don't think Mexico's D can keep up with them. I think Mexico vs Croatia will be crucial for Mexico going forward, if they still have a chance by then.

Yea that shit on his twitter. Apparently he's going back to Arsenal. He should be a good cover for them while Walcott is gone then Wenger will probable bench him again

He's going to go to Atletico, bet on that. Vela wouldn't stoop that low to join a club such as Arsenal with his recent success.

i am starting to think chicha will never score a goal again.

i am starting to think chicha will never score a goal again.

He must be hexed by that Ghana witch doctor too. That was a clear chance right there and just blew it, but he did good with what he had I think. He made a nice pass for Fabian to make that run.

I think Mexico had a good game overall and just wish they could won by more. Gio was robbed of a very clear goal, and I think the best player today. Herrera was good but seemed to hold the ball too long at times and Layun was off today. Hopefully we can at least get a tie against Brazil.

lol its like Chicharito switched skills with Torres with the way he has been playing recently.

i think croatia its going to score a couple on cameroon and go in to the third match with the goal differential advantage

i think croatia its going to score a couple on cameroon and go in to the third match with the goal differential advantage

That's what sucked about the game. Mexico could have won by at least two or 3 but that line ref sucked ass.

yeah, I have a feeling those 2 goals they robbed us from will play a big role further in the phase.

Fifa needs to crack down on the refs. Barely the 2nd game of the Cup and already so many bad calls affecting games

We need to atleast draw with Brazil to have a chance. Or ghana beat or get a draw with croatia

Back