METAMORIS UNDERGROUND (Streaming LIVE This Friday Aug 14, 2015)

unless theres a match up marcelo vs rafa style, I aint buying metamoris, ever.

Nothing to do wth being charge in shit, I wasnt, but I just cant stand draws.

on the other hand, I cant wait for ebi.

Even the draws had a lot of non-stop action and drama..

Poor Karo.. AJ used a lot of questionable tactics (finger bending, pushing Karo near the edge of the mat, poking Karo in the eye, not restarting in the correct position, etc.) I was waiting for Karo to snap and turn it into an MMA match.

11224545_994010983952752_3844896610541903536_o.jpg

w0l3pd.png

Munhoz and Curran had a lot of good offense, defense, escapes and transitions.

f4ptue.png

Martinez guillotined the guillotine master Hinger.

CMbJq6JUkAAUB4K.jpg

Matuda finally over came Leah's worm guard for a text book near-side armbar from knee on belly.

294pgt3.png

Moku with a nice armbar from back-mount reverse triangle.

258cp5u.png

Looks like a great event that I paid subscription fees for, then spent an hour and a half unsuccessfully trying to log into.

I will say this. I watched it, because they had already taken my money, so I figured why not watch something that I had essentially already paid for? The matches for the most part were awesome. The Jeff Curran match was probably the least interesting one, the main event was pretty interesting to watch, and the others all ended with subs and good overall technique.

But - I miss the old Metamoris where it felt like an event and had several matches of mixed hardcore and general interest competitors.

Wait, I just read this thread. Were people not able to log in? That must have sucked. I had no problems.

Didn't watch the event, too busy with kids and the forest fire on the other side of the hill from my house.

Did Karo and JT go to a draw? Anyone have a synopsis or results?

Didn't watch the event, too busy with kids and the forest fire on the other side of the hill from my house.

Did Karo and JT go to a draw? Anyone have a synopsis or results?

JT injured. Karo grappled AJ.

Where do you live?

Here in Idaho I have to use a bottle of clear eyes a day. Huge fires less than 10 minutes from my house. They started evacuating some houses.

anaconda - your off topic grievances, flame baiting spams, and persistent trolling across multiple unrelated threads are noted.

There are a few threads which specifically address your issues already. Perhaps you may find some form of resolution or self-aggrandizing solace there.

This thread, as defined by the title and content of the original post, is about the Metamoris Underground Event matches and fighters.

My "bosses"? :confused: They have nothing to do with Metamoris.. no connection, no relation, nothing. So having them "respond" would be pointless and asinine.

2luukk7.jpg

Like the fury of a scorned lover, your constant infatuation with publically crapping on any thread remotely related to the Gracie Academy is well documented and spectacularly superfluous. However, your on-line dedication and tin-foil hat vigilance is amusingly admirable. :rolleyes:

Getting unauthorized charges by metamoris isn't relevant to Metamoris?

Everyone should know about what has happened, and how they are dealing with it. Caveat emptor and all that.

And you claim your bosses have nothing to do with metamoris, but oddly enough metamoris' official address is at your gym.

Interesting.

Go sell a few more online belts and delude people into thinking they're doing jiujitsu.

I was able to see the matches too. I enjoyed them. I feel like Jeff works better as part of a two man commentary team and clearly his partner was green. Hopefully he will get better with time. Karo did much better than I thought he would. I was expecting someone to throw a punch at some point. It was also good to see women back on the card. Overall I feel like it was worth the $6.

Hm.

I understand the frustration with Metamoris, for sure, but I feel like people are being a bit hard on the promotion. It's brand new and it's really doing some stupid things, especially with the log in issues and the still charging after cancellation. Totally get that, not to mention the not paying the athletes because of the cancellation of an event, making them sign exclusive contracts, and so on. If I missed anything let me know.

But, it is a cool format for grappling, and I really enjoy every one. I really like their rosters most the time, I like the commentators (when it's not Rener) and I like their little challenger things that they do, and mainly what they're trying to do with jiu jitsu and making it more accessible and interesting to anyone interested.

I really feel like this is a case where Ralek has tried to do too much way too fast with the wrong people helping out, and he openly seems thoroughly overwhelmed and has expressed it very humbly. It took the UFC, for example, about 20 or 25 years to develop Fight Pass, and that was glitchy as hell in the beginning, I signed up the day it came out.

Anyways, I'm just saying that I'll continue to support them for now, in the hopes that they can continue to provide pretty rad content and iron out their problems. I also support five grappling, the EBI, Polaris, whatever I can get my hands on. It's all great to watch.

iStock_000018225297XSmall.jpg

The first metamoris was in 2012. Three years is hardly brand new. And these issues have been happening for several months. Honestly if people see everything they are doing (btw you missed one - they canceled a bunch of tournaments and are refusing to refund the participants) and still want to support the, feel free.

I bought all the metamorises before, but I'm done. Plenty of other quality organizations to support.

The first metamoris was in 2012. Three years is hardly brand new. And these issues have been happening for several months. Honestly if people see everything they are doing (btw you missed one - they canceled a bunch of tournaments and are refusing to refund the participants) and still want to support the, feel free.

I bought all the metamorises before, but I'm done. Plenty of other quality organizations to support.

I thought I had that one...

Hey man, I totally get it. Fair enough. If we were raising a child you'd be the one that put it in time out for eating the cookies, I'd be the one that said "aw I can't stay mad at you" and eat a cookie with it. Or something like that.

Hey man, I totally get it. Fair enough. If we were raising a child you'd be the one that put it in time out for eating the cookies, I'd be the one that said "aw I can't stay mad at you" and eat a cookie with it. Or something like that.

You would not do that if your child stabbed you in the hand with a fork and stole their mother's credit card.

You would not do that if your child stabbed you in the hand with a fork and stole their mother's credit card.
Fuck, I'm hoping you didn't just describe your kid :eek:

Except it's not my kid, and he stole money from me.

I was trying to help be part of the village that was raising the child, but the little shit stole my money and locked me out of the house.

I'm done with that little brat and I just want my money back.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NiTrok
Back