METAMORIS UNDERGROUND (Streaming LIVE This Friday Aug 14, 2015)

SBJ

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
CMVqjw-VAAEkrWb.jpg

Last edited:
I feel like this just popped up out of no where.

I heard they don't even pay their athlethes.

There's also some controversy on their credit card subscription system. They promise you the subscription will end at the normal term but instead, it is automatically renewed. A common (mal)practice but one that is usually included in contracts people don't read. In Metamoris' case, they don't say anything about it but they still renew unless you specifically ask to end your subscription.

There's also some controversy on their credit card subscription system. They promise you the subscription will end at the normal term but instead, it is automatically renewed. A common (mal)practice but one that is usually included in contracts people don't read. In Metamoris' case, they don't say anything about it but they still renew unless you specifically ask to end your subscription.

TLDR: Don't give them any of your money.

This.

Did they time this event to compete with EBI?

I do not understand people. Why is it always this or that? Metamoris is on Friday and is $6. EBI is on Saturday and is $15 (?). If you are a big BJJ fan both seems like the correct answer. Plus how are they competing? EBI is a featherweight tourney and Metamoris has no one on the card at the same weight. There is no gate for Metamoris so they are not trying to take ticket sales. PPV buys? Who out there who can pay for BJJ, gis, and a ton of laundry and is going to look at their wallet and say, "hell. I only have $20. Looks like I have to pick one."

Last edited:

It's a commonly known practice known as metafucking.

A common (mal)practice but one that is usually included in contracts people don't read. In Metamoris' case, they don't say anything about it but they still renew unless you specifically ask to end your subscription.

It's a commonly known practice known as violating the law.

am i the only one who thinks torres could beat karo blindfolded? how do you get excited about this matchup?

They just charged me. Totally unauthorized. I never signed up for any subscription.

Fuck these guys.

am i the only one who thinks torres could beat karo blindfolded? how do you get excited about this matchup?

I was an enourmous Karo fan in the UFC so I still think it's cool he'll be at Metamoris. I won't support though, lol. They've taken my money without my authorization twice now.

Man, I really want to support jiu jitsu, submission only, and the athletes but Ralek makes it really hard. I wonder how much operational control he has over these decisions. Does Metamoris have a board of directors, or investors that have any kind of say or discretion?

I was an enourmous Karo fan in the UFC so I still think it's cool he'll be at Metamoris. I won't support though, lol. They've taken my money without my authorization twice now.

Yup, same here. I hope someone with actual business sense comes along and does the same thing, but actually implements it the right way.

SBJ - tell your buddies to stop trying to steal money from their fans. Maybe then they'd have a sustainable business model.

Over/under on Parisyan showing up?

LMAO. I hate to poke fun at someone with mental illness (I deal with it myself), but this is pretty funny. I hope he's in a good place and shows up ready to really go for it, not just for the paycheck.

Yeah. I think it will go similar to Dillon Danis vs Lauzon. Lauzon's no slouch, but being a BJJ black belt who cross trains is very different from being a BJJ black belt who only trains BJJ.

Anyway, I would like to see the match because I consider it entertaining to see the skill level difference between a high level competition black belt and an MMA black belt. Plus, submissions are like KO's. Everyone loves a good KO, no?

Personally, I'm tempted to get it because it's cheap, but I would probably pay on like a prepaid debit, not my personal. The random charges kind of scare me away. And I dislike Ralek. But I enjoy grappling.

Karo's Judo ain't no joke, I wonder if JT can avoid it?

Back