Metamoris 3 back on!

Discussion in 'Grappling Technique' started by YellowFury, Oct 17, 2013.

1. YellowFury

YellowFury Blue Belt

From their facebook

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=653825734637947&set=a.470194073001115.104065.470193449667844&type=1&relevant_count=1&ref=nf

2. NateTx4112

NateTx4112 Brown Belt

Still will not purchase.

3. kintana

kintana Purple Belt

though i was disappointed with metamoris 2. I dont exactly feel all the blame is on the organizers. Fighters didnt finish or look to finish the fights. Only Kron really went in there looking to finish.

I do feel Ralek could have done a better job with the match ups. Schaub vs Cyborg was the best example. Even if Schaub had better grappling skills he clearly went in their looking to survive. Not exactly exciting grappling.

Estima vs Torres are both point fighters great jiu jitsu guys but they dont go in for the submissions as aggressively has a fan would like.

I feel metamoris could be great if they get the right group of fighters. Metamoris 1 I thought was good even though half of the fights didnt end in submission. I felt all fights but one were good. Metamoris 2 I felt just 2 fights were good. Maybe 3.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2013
  4. DiscipleOfPog

DiscipleOfPog Green Belt

It's pretty easy to say the only guy looking for the finish was the guy who got the finish. IMO that match had the biggest skill gap (I don't count Cyborg match because Schaub didn't really engage.)

5. Mike Piekarski

Mike Piekarski Blue Belt Professional Fighter

I think I read they are going back to submission or draw. Having decisions killed the push for a finish that we saw in the first one.

6. Badabing1234

Badabing1234 Orange Belt

I really hate when people refer to some bjj fighters as "point" fighters. WTF does that even mean? Like they don't like going for submissions when they have the chance? Or maybe they just like to systematically go for submissions... by first passing the guard... establishing side control... etc instead of throwing hail marys?

7. lechien

lechien Gold Belt

I am just get it because of the main card.

8. Spazzmaster

Spazzmaster Purple Belt

Yes, the introduction of judges and the possibility of decision victory really affected the tone of the matches. Defeated the whole point of a "sub-only" tournament.

9. Spazzmaster

Spazzmaster Purple Belt

I think the female competitors, Mackenzie and Nicolini, both had several aggressive moments in their match. And Andre Galvao also deserves a lot of credit for going after Lovato, he went for flying subs three times!

10. Jinzumkei

Jinzumkei Rock El Columbian

still TBA...yawn.

Let us know when you have concrete info and we'll get excited. ;)

11. GJJNY

GJJNY Purple Belt

Which Gracie Academy representative will they throw out there to bore us this time?

12. kintana

kintana Purple Belt

Good point. But I do feel some matches guys weren't looking to finish. I do agree with you on the skill gap between kron and aoki. Though aoki is a accomplished grappler he is much better at MMA grappling.

13. kintana

kintana Purple Belt

What I mean is that these guys haven't done many submission only events. They are not use to competing only for submissions. In submission only matches if a guy inverts or passes the guard it is not the end of the world. It is not like he is now winning.

Estima and Torres weren't used to submission only fighting. Great competitors without a doubt but they were competing in a rule set that they were not use too. I think if they had more experience in sub only events it could have been more exciting for the viewers.

Again I say this is the organizers responsibility to get the right match ups. To be fair torres vs estima was put together last minute because of injuries and cancellations to the previous fighters.

14. oswald1

oswald1 Black Belt

I wanna see Roger vs Rodolfo or healthy Roger vs Buchecha II. Ill consider buying it then. I really couldnt care less about Bravo/Royler tho.

15. oswald1

oswald1 Black Belt

The biggest let down for me was Rodolfo/Braulio. That was appalling and Braulio should be ashamed of himself for that performance.

16. ASMBJJ

ASMBJJ Blue Belt

Have you ever watched a Tanquinho match?

17. faixabranca

faixabranca Yellow Belt

Ashamed? Really? You should feel ashamed that you stole from an old lady or that, in many Sherdoggers cases, you were tagged in a furry sex romp video.

Estima has done neither.

18. The Thrill

The Thrill Blue Belt

id like to see rhalan-fowler too,reaping allowed lol

19. The Thrill

The Thrill Blue Belt

two,not too lol ^

20. Nozza

Nozza Purple Belt

I think I'll wait for it to show up on youtube. I paid last time and didn't get my money's worth. They owe me!