Metamoris 3 back on!

YellowFury

Blue Belt
Reaction score
From their facebook

METAMORIS 3 IS ON!!! We have some final issues to choke out internally but don't worry, we're black belts. We will check out the winners from the ADCC event this weekend to fill some spots on the card along with Gracie VS Bravo 2. Location and dates will be released ASAP. Thank you all for the support and card suggestions. Sub-only/only the best.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=653825734637947&set=a.470194073001115.104065.470193449667844&type=1&relevant_count=1&ref=nf

though i was disappointed with metamoris 2. I dont exactly feel all the blame is on the organizers. Fighters didnt finish or look to finish the fights. Only Kron really went in there looking to finish.

I do feel Ralek could have done a better job with the match ups. Schaub vs Cyborg was the best example. Even if Schaub had better grappling skills he clearly went in their looking to survive. Not exactly exciting grappling.

Estima vs Torres are both point fighters great jiu jitsu guys but they dont go in for the submissions as aggressively has a fan would like.

I feel metamoris could be great if they get the right group of fighters. Metamoris 1 I thought was good even though half of the fights didnt end in submission. I felt all fights but one were good. Metamoris 2 I felt just 2 fights were good. Maybe 3.

Last edited:
though i was disappointed with metamoris 2. I dont exactly feel all the blame is on the organizers. Fighters didnt finish or look to finish the fights. Only Kron really went in their looking to finish.
It's pretty easy to say the only guy looking for the finish was the guy who got the finish. IMO that match had the biggest skill gap (I don't count Cyborg match because Schaub didn't really engage.)

I think I read they are going back to submission or draw. Having decisions killed the push for a finish that we saw in the first one.

though i was disappointed with metamoris 2. I dont exactly feel all the blame is on the organizers. Fighters didnt finish or look to finish the fights. Only Kron really went in their looking to finish.

I do feel Ralek could have done a better job with the match ups. Schaub vs Cyborg was the best example. Even if Schaub had better grappling skills he clearly went in their looking to survive. Not exactly exciting grappling.

Estima vs Torres are both point fighters great jiu jitsu guys but they dont go in for the submissions as aggressively has a fan would like.

I feel metamoris could be great if they get the right group of fighters. Metamoris 1 I thought was good even though half of the fights didnt end in submission. I felt all fights but one were good. Metamoris 2 I felt just 2 fights were good. Maybe 3.

I really hate when people refer to some bjj fighters as "point" fighters. WTF does that even mean? Like they don't like going for submissions when they have the chance? Or maybe they just like to systematically go for submissions... by first passing the guard... establishing side control... etc instead of throwing hail marys?

Having decisions killed the push for a finish that we saw in the first one.

Yes, the introduction of judges and the possibility of decision victory really affected the tone of the matches. Defeated the whole point of a "sub-only" tournament.

Only Kron really went in their looking to finish.

I think the female competitors, Mackenzie and Nicolini, both had several aggressive moments in their match. And Andre Galvao also deserves a lot of credit for going after Lovato, he went for flying subs three times!

still TBA...yawn.

Let us know when you have concrete info and we'll get excited. ;)

Which Gracie Academy representative will they throw out there to bore us this time?

It's pretty easy to say the only guy looking for the finish was the guy who got the finish. IMO that match had the biggest skill gap (I don't count Cyborg match because Schaub didn't really engage.)

Good point. But I do feel some matches guys weren't looking to finish. I do agree with you on the skill gap between kron and aoki. Though aoki is a accomplished grappler he is much better at MMA grappling.

I really hate when people refer to some bjj fighters as "point" fighters. WTF does that even mean?

What I mean is that these guys haven't done many submission only events. They are not use to competing only for submissions. In submission only matches if a guy inverts or passes the guard it is not the end of the world. It is not like he is now winning.

Estima and Torres weren't used to submission only fighting. Great competitors without a doubt but they were competing in a rule set that they were not use too. I think if they had more experience in sub only events it could have been more exciting for the viewers.

Again I say this is the organizers responsibility to get the right match ups. To be fair torres vs estima was put together last minute because of injuries and cancellations to the previous fighters.

I wanna see Roger vs Rodolfo or healthy Roger vs Buchecha II. Ill consider buying it then. I really couldnt care less about Bravo/Royler tho.

though i was disappointed with metamoris 2. I dont exactly feel all the blame is on the organizers. Fighters didnt finish or look to finish the fights. Only Kron really went in there looking to finish.

The biggest let down for me was Rodolfo/Braulio. That was appalling and Braulio should be ashamed of himself for that performance.

I really hate when people refer to some bjj fighters as "point" fighters. WTF does that even mean? Like they don't like going for submissions when they have the chance? Or maybe they just like to systematically go for submissions... by first passing the guard... establishing side control... etc instead of throwing hail marys?

Have you ever watched a Tanquinho match?

The biggest let down for me was Rodolfo/Braulio. That was appalling and Braulio should be ashamed of himself for that performance.

Ashamed? Really? You should feel ashamed that you stole from an old lady or that, in many Sherdoggers cases, you were tagged in a furry sex romp video.

Estima has done neither.

I think I'll wait for it to show up on youtube. I paid last time and didn't get my money's worth. They owe me!

Back