Metal Gear Solid 5 Phantom Pain

. It felt like enemy line of sight was everywhere in each mission and I was repeating them like an autist to figure out the tiniest of available holes. Guess it's just not the game for me.

This is actually one of my favorite things about stealth games trying to figure out how to get in an out without being seen. I'll restart from my last save if I'm seen at all. I wish they made more high quality stealth games like this. Splinter cell series used to be amazing.

This is actually one of my favorite things about stealth games trying to figure out how to get in an out without being seen. I'll restart from my last save if I'm seen at all. I wish they made more high quality stealth games like this. Splinter cell series used to be amazing.

The Arkham Asylum detective vision permeating every stealth game is the worst. Hitman, MGS, Splinter Cell, etc etc etc, the tension goes away when you know where everyone is. Defeats the purpose of stealth, and takes a game of chess down to a rather simple game of tic tac toe.

Finished game 2 weeks after release...and I feel like play it again. Man what a game that is.

10/10

Wish we had more games like that.

Great game for sure but have you seen what Kojima had actually planned as the final mission?

Konami got in the way ☹️

The Arkham Asylum detective vision permeating every stealth game is the worst. Hitman, MGS, Splinter Cell, etc etc etc, the tension goes away when you know where everyone is. Defeats the purpose of stealth, and takes a game of chess down to a rather simple game of tic tac toe.

I agree it's so much harder when you don't have that ability

I agree it's so much harder when you don't have that ability

The difficulty, in my mind, is the secondary aspect lost. It's the tension. The idea that I am human, not some prescient super predator, and I can pull off some insanely badass shit if I prepare and execute.

The difficulty aspect, or lack thereof, in modern "stealth" games is characterized more by the ai in my view. It has simply not advanced enough since say, the days of splinter cell. The ai still perform along rigid paths, seeming to have minimal spacial awareness, and no memory whatsoever.

The difficulty, in my mind, is the secondary aspect lost. It's the tension. The idea that I am human, not some prescient super predator, and I can pull off some insanely badass shit if I prepare and execute.

The difficulty aspect, or lack thereof, in modern "stealth" games is characterized more by the ai in my view. It has simply not advanced enough since say, the days of splinter cell. The ai still perform along rigid paths, seeming to have minimal spacial awareness, and no memory whatsoever.

I don't think they want to advanced AI anymore when it comes to stealth because it's not a genre or aspect of gameplay that many people enjoy. So when a game does include it, it's sort of half assed.

Nah, its by design. They could easily make a stealth game with punishingly intelligent AI, and ultra realism. Shit, they probably have. The problem is that you have to make it fun for everyone if you're a AAA developer. Most folks don't find getting punished by the tiniest of mistakes all that fun in stealth games. The stealth genre is a hard sell as it is. Couple that with brutal difficulty due to realistic AI and feedback, and not many will find it appealing.

Lets face it, these games are unrealistic by design. Add realism to sneaking into something like a well lit building with a bunch of guards, and the results will be, well, realistic. Your success rate will be as low as it would be for a one man army in the real world. Not very high.

Nah, its by design. They could easily make a stealth game with punishingly intelligent AI, and ultra realism. Shit, they probably have. The problem is that you have to make it fun for everyone if you're a AAA developer. Most folks don't find getting punished by the tiniest of mistakes all that fun in stealth games. The stealth genre is a hard sell as it is. Couple that with brutal difficulty due to realistic AI and feedback, and not many will find it appealing.

Lets face it, these games are unrealistic by design. Add realism to sneaking into something like a well lit building with a bunch of guards, and the results will be, well, realistic. Your success rate will be as low as it would be for a one man army in the real world. Not very high.

I'm not looking for complete realism, just a bit of tweaking and evolving to the formula, especially the removal of the tagging enemies/detective vision shit.

I watched a video. Why are they getting the voice actors together again? Hideo Kojima too?

Very good gameplay-wise and graphics but I thought the story was awful and was a disservice to the Metal Gear series.

All of the previous Metal Gears had some over the top moments but they had a hint of realism. All of that went out the window with this game.

It really should have just been a sequel to Peace Walker and not a main entry in the series. It didn't feel like a main entry or worthy of the the title of 5. I enjoyed it but it was a mess.

I saw the Definitive Experience two pack for $19.99 and it said it has all the DLC for both games. I googled and seems like it was just some lame pistol, shield, and other really minor shit. I didn't remember lusting after some DLC when I first bought these individually.

Back