Opinion Meta: The War Room can't hold a discussion

It

A closed border and energy independence were a thing. America first is a policy position.

And try having adult conversations when the news is peak clown world.

E9RQf9sWYAsa1Tz.jpg

America First was Trump's campaign slogan in 2016. The Republican party in 2020 literally didn't have a platform.

I’ve read some good stuff in here, but only usually in the first 5 pages of any given thread.

Which is a shame, as there’s no doubt some good stuff buried away in the 100+ page threads.

It’s like visiting the heavies where people think any thought, no matter how inconsequential, deserves a new thread. But much, much worse. Hey ho.

I'm not responding to everyone individually as my answer to you all is the same- Liberals stand for literally nothing that isn't rooted in identity politics. Nothing. I honestly don't get what it even mean to be a democrat today, other than calling everyone nazis, racists or some other form of bigot.

I'm not responding to everyone individually as my answer to you all is the same- Liberals stand for literally nothing that isn't rooted in identity politics. Nothing. I honestly don't get what it even mean to be a democrat today, other than calling everyone nazis, racists or some other form of bigot.

I'm going to pretend I came from a different planet and need a little more than your opinion to assume something is true.

Could you please list actual economic policies, as put forth by the GOP, that were directed at helping the middle class over the last 50 years?

And I would appreciate if we don't play the lip service game. Make sure anything you list is actually supported by hard data, evaluated over time, that substantiates the claim.

The truth is that ever since Ronald Reagan, everything out of the GOP, governance wise, has been some form of trickle down bullshit which has been proven over and over again does not work the way that proponents suggest.

And yes, the Democrats do a lot of the same. But they at least make an attempt to govern for the people, sometimes. The GOP exists for the betterment of a tiny class of people. Full stop.

I mean, it's so funny that the source of all your problems in the world has to do with those vapid "liberals", when the irony is just about everything you hold dear in life was the result of a liberal movement.

vjsuiub6ls461.jpg

too true, in many cases it can't. We have a subset of people who hop into many threads to make comments that have to goal except trolling or race-baiting. This derails intelligent conversation before it ever has a chance to take hold.

Back